It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador offers WikiLeak's founder Assange residency, no questions asked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by wcitizen

ahh,, thankyou for the video

but just to play the devils advocate I did say REAL reason

Well, it's true that we can doubt and question anything and everything, and never believe anything anybody says. It's tough, with all these lies around, but I have learned that my gut sense about someone's sincerity is usually the most accurate for me.

But - I never said this video represented the truth, but since everyone is speculating about his motives, I think it's important to hear what he has to say about that himself.

Your choice whether you believe it or not.
edit on 29-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Ecuador can't be that great of a place but atleast it's better then prison......

"Can't be that great place" ? why is that?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32c0f46cdc1d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4db1b7589534.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cd3eed33560.jpg[/atsimg]

Ecuador looks just fine to me mate!

atleast it's better then prison.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

DROOOOOL...AHHHHH Man screw Disneyland! I'm going
to Ecuador!!!!
I have to be honest and say the only thing I know about Ecuador is they had or still have a problem with government opposition or rebels in the mountains. And my old Boss was from Ecuador and she was very sweet
and beautiful.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

to Ecuador!!!!
I have to be honest and say the only thing I know about Ecuador is they had or still have a problem with government opposition or rebels in the mountains. And my old Boss was from Ecuador and she was very sweet
and beautiful.

Yeah! I haven't been to Ecuador but I have been next door to the beaches in Lima Peru - and the local sights and attractions were equally beautiful there!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b514a567ede0.jpg[/atsimg]

I mean, I wouldn't mind going to Ecuador to live if I HAD TO - like most Latin American countries you can live a comfortable life near the beach, and as a single guy befriend friendly women and won't miss out much of what you had before in Europe or USA.

So I think Assange would be just fine in Ecuador!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Its a trap.
pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Its a trap.
pure and simple.

Yeah!

A Honey Trap!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As much flaming as this is going to get I really don't care because like him or hate him he does make some excellent points. The same people that keep popping up in the world tied together involved in the same things is just incredible. Watch the whole clip and perhaps you will see why I'm beginning to really question what Wikileaks and Julian Ass ange is all about.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
One angle to look for is if the US has extradition agreement(s) in place with Ecuador?? I think they do but I'm not sure. I'm surprised Hugo Chavez has not offered him a palace yet.

That is actually a good point, and I had to find that out.

OAS.org states:

"The United States of America and the Republic of Ecuador, having
deemed it conductive to the better administration of justice and
the prevention of crime within their respective territories that
all persons convicted of or accused of the crimes enumerated below,
being fugitives from justice, shal be, under circumstances,
reciprocally delivered up.
Source|PDF

So Julian may think twice of going there, whether or not it is indeed a trap or not.

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I am not sure of Julians motives, only he knows his true motives, but I am certanly glad he's exposing the governments diplomatic crimes! The government can expose our secrets and moniter us at will, but when someone does it back to them it's a matter of national security. Pathetic.

Same here, I am glad civilian's have our own intelligence agency now. Though I am a bit worried at Homeland Securities response to the matter. Wikileaks were proposed to Hilary by the Chief of HLS that they be declared as terrorists and will also go after anyone who helps them. A prime example of a dictatorship when the truth can not be revealed without global security alarms going off.

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by the_denv

yes, it would be obvious that TPTB would probably be responsible, but, as always they would spin the story, maybe drug related from nearby columbia, or maybe an irate father, you know julian being a rapist and all...............

but, even if we know the truth, what are we going to do, discuss it on web sites?? complain for a week, and then it's back to DWTS and two and a half men. after all, if it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone.........

and, so it goes, on to the next conspiracy..

That's what it's like, so true. This stuff is big, MEGA big yet if Julian is captured and/or killed daily life will continue. Sure, his position will be replaced by someone else sooner or later and riots will occur; but other than that yeah I think your right...unless TPTB take a change in heart of their New World Order.

Originally posted by Control

HAH!! The CIA or Dyncorp will kill him within days of his arrival. I can't wait to see how THIS craziness turns out. I think he's (Assange) is an Israeli agent anyway. I think the whole wikilieaks thing is a Mossad front designed to be used as a diplomatic weapon against the US. I hope he does either get knocked off or brought to justice either way.

If he does go to Ecuador, that may be his fate. We all remember those beheading videos and I hope to god that doesn't happen to Julian. I don't care if Wikileaks is good or bad; I just hope it doesn't happen. Julian is smart though, I am sure he is aware of the extradition agreement of Ecuador. The guy is a genius if you have read about his past.

Originally posted by pirhanna
Next they will pass a law that makes you a terrorist if you look at information from wikileaks.
If you think, you are a terrorist. If you disagree, you are a terrorist. If you think that our officials should be held accountable for their actions, you are a terrorist.

There will be a rope around your neck and a blindfold covering your eyes if you view information from wikileaks. And since you are a terrorist, you will get no council and no trial and be held indefinitely until either you die of old age or are water boarded to death.

I am afraid that this may be the case and it seems that it is likely that it may happen, especially if the next string of leaks are filled with "egg on face" embarrassment like the 240+ release has done. They more or less labeled those who donate terrorists (basically). This is one of those topics where you may just go missing one night.

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Chrysalis
They already arrested Bradley, now they want Assange...
How many people can they charge of the same supposed crime ?

anyone who has donated to wikileaks
can be charged with funding terrorism.

anyone who has downloaded docs from
wikileaks can be charged with receiving,
possession and or distribution of classified material.

edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

It very worrying because it's a good possibility that it may happen.
If that is true then all of us here are screwed,how can we as a community on a forum stand up for each other? We all know protesting is not the way forward as Alphabet agencies insert troops disguised as people to cause havoc and get the people the blame. So, how would we manage such a treat if faced with charges of terrorism?

Originally posted by ianmoone1
It was said by a Tv commentatorhee this morning - in response to Hillary Clintons comments about Assange being a terrorist - that, essentiallysincethe media became monopoly owned there are no investigative jourmalists left because thers no whrere left for their material / scoops / big stories to be published.

Assange has changed that - he has made available the "service" that the press USED to provide us with!.

That is what gets me going with Wikileaks, why I have the urge to say "Yes, at last an agency made by the people and for the people; at last we can talk freely without persecution". If it backfires, we are headed into '84 faster than expected due to the back row of chess pieces freaking out and using this scenario to push their agenda. This is what I do not understand, Julian is very smart and I (hope) feel that he is genuine, that Wikileaks is genuine and it's sources, techniques of communication etc ...but did he not think of the ripple effect?

Maybe he did know about the ripple effect, but maybe we as a people are too lazy and Julian & Co needed to rock the boat and get everyone off their fat asses and do something about it before it's too late. Then we have the other conspiracy regarding that, what if that is the plan? It would cause people to riot, cause an imminent police state, FEMA would be involved, the camps, RFID chips implemented...it could happen.
..Especially after the next release that will destroy the banking system.

Originally posted by GetRadNZ

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him a private jet to travel to ecuador, and that private jet accidently crashes into a mountainside. It sounds to so suspicious, unless it is just a show of goodwill. But I highly doubt it.

Very possible mate, very possible. That actually never entered my mind, he could get smuggled in, yet remain legal as a resident. He could live in a cave like Tim Osman
As you said so yourself, it sounds too suspicious. Ecuador need to co-operate with the US regarding extradition of terrorists.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
in a way
we have ALL become our own
investigative journalists
with the lack of such
in the MSM

Damn right man!
Investigative Journalism (capitals intended) is by far the most exciting hobby of all time, even if it is through the screen of a computer, at least you have the world of information at your finger tips. Of course, Brain required.

I think Wikileaks has inspired so many investigative journalists world-wide recently. They give people hope that way, even if they are CoIntelPro, those who think they are not and are IJ's get inspiration from them which may led them to discover something important themselves.

Alternative Media For The Win!

Originally posted by Chevalerous

"Can't be that great place" ? why is that?

LOL!
Well when you put it like that, it doesn't look so bad after all! He would need to get plastic surgery, shave his head, grow a beard, dye it ginger, wear sunglasses and trampy clothes...or hide in a cave, but no babes in there only parables

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Its a trap.
pure and simple.

Agreed. A whole world of hurt would be awaiting him there, BlackOps, government setup (Give us monies for Julie) I can see it right now in open arms singing : "Julie, you know me love you an truly, from head down to mi goolie."

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why Ecuador? Does the US have interest there & could it be a set up for the US to go into Ecuador? I mean, if the gov. wanted to rid themselves of the whole thing they would have done it by now. Now its the MSM hyping it up. Or the folks who brought us the "war on terror" could use the situation to shut down the internet. Whatever the case let's not just believe the crap they're spoon feeding us.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Ecuador can't be that great of a place but atleast it's better then prison......

I think if they assasinate him now which is a little late would look really bad...

I don't think he will get nipped in the bud so to speak it would be waaaaaaay too obvious right??
Ecuador is a great place to visit or live, especially in or around Cuenca. After 3 years of residency, you can become an Ecuadoran citizen. For about $135,000 you can get a 6 or 7 bedroom estate on an acre of land. The local beer, Pilsener, is pretty good and fairly cheap. The literacy rate is over 90%

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
so what

if he dies they will start another organization

and its never going to end ... documents will be leaked

the problem is that its possible that those leaks are controlled by some agency ... who knows ...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

to Ecuador!!!!
and beautiful.

Ecuador has never had rebels in the mountains.
And Ecuador isnt all fun and beaches.
Ecuador is where they pay an average buiding worker 5 dollars a day, theres no unemployment benefits and if you dont have money for medicen, well, tough luck.

My wifes from Ecuaador.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Seems Assange is taking up the offer Sky news

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join