It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador offers WikiLeak's founder Assange residency, no questions asked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Ecuador offers WikiLeak's founder Assange residency, no questions asked

Article

QUITO - Ecuador on Monday offered Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder who has enraged Washington by releasing masses of classified U.S. documents, residency with no questions asked.

"We are ready to give him residence in Ecuador, with no problems and no conditions," Deputy Foreign Minister Kintto Lucas told the Internet site Ecuadorinmediato.

Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 11/30/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Looks like Julian Assange is allowed a safe haven.
Looks like Ecuador are the next target of war.

In my thread ATS member Nephalim posted this article:

The incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, Republican Peter King, wants even tougher action. "I'm also calling on secretary of state Hillary Clinton to declare WikiLeaks a foreign terrorist organisation. By doing that we will be able to seize their funds and go after anyone who provides them with any help or contributions or assistance whatsoever," he said. "To me they are a clear and present enemy of the United States of America."
Source|Thread

What exactly is going on here?
The leaks are going to gag the Internet, possibly a false flag pivot point of Internet2.0 and why Ecuador? I heard Julian was there before, I think I heard him mention it at HAR2009.

Could he be getting setup for assasination, is it a trap?
Is the whole Wikileak an excuse created to gag the Internet? CoIntelPro or not, that is what will happen and they should have known that.

You are a terrorist if you donate, Wikileaks today has asked people for donations 4 times in their Tweets.

Conspiracy salad!

[url=http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Ecuador+offers+WikiLeak+founder+Assange+residency+questions+asked/3902251/story.html]www.ottawacitizen.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29/11/2010 by the_denv because: sp

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ecuador can't be that great of a place but atleast it's better then prison......

I think if they assasinate him now which is a little late would look really bad...

I don't think he will get nipped in the bud so to speak it would be waaaaaaay too obvious right??

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

They would look really bad, and everyone would know TPTB did it, it would be completely obvious.
Ecuador giving him residency though, I really don't know what to make of it, I think Julian knows someone there, but I can not confirm that. Will Julian take the bait, or was it intentional? Is he already there?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
One angle to look for is if the US has extradition agreement(s) in place with Ecuador?? I think they do but I'm not sure. I'm surprised Hugo Chavez has not offered him a palace yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They already arrested Bradley, now they want Assange...
How many people can they charge of the same supposed crime ?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I think these lying corrupt politicians ordering all these international crimes, in Washington are the TRUE terrorists to the U.S. I am not sure of Julians motives, only he knows his true motives, but I am certanly glad he's exposing the governments diplomatic crimes! The government can expose our secrets and moniter us at will, but when someone does it back to them it's a matter of national security. Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not to go to off topic but bradly manning is actually the one who STOLE the information and GAVE it to wikileaks wikileaks just published it......... back on topic..... Maybe someone assange knows in ecquador paid someone in the government there to maybe get him a spot to chill for a while... I would think he has to find somewhere that will accept him he doesn't want to run forever, I don't think he will stay in this same place for long if he does... That can't be a good idea.. Unless he gets permanent asylum there.... Money does talk though.
edit on 29-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

yes, it would be obvious that TPTB would probably be responsible, but, as always they would spin the story, maybe drug related from nearby columbia, or maybe an irate father, you know julian being a rapist and all...............

but, even if we know the truth, what are we going to do, discuss it on web sites?? complain for a week, and then it's back to DWTS and two and a half men. after all, if it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone.........

and, so it goes, on to the next conspiracy..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

HAH!! The CIA or Dyncorp will kill him within days of his arrival. I can't wait to see how THIS craziness turns out. I think he's (Assange) is an Israeli agent anyway. I think the whole wikilieaks thing is a Mossad front designed to be used as a diplomatic weapon against the US. I hope he does either get knocked off or brought to justice either way.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Next they will pass a law that makes you a terrorist if you look at information from wikileaks.
If you think, you are a terrorist. If you disagree, you are a terrorist. If you think that our officials should be held accountable for their actions, you are a terrorist.

There will be a rope around your neck and a blindfold covering your eyes if you view information from wikileaks. And since you are a terrorist, you will get no council and no trial and be held indefinitely until either you die of old age or are water boarded to death.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me.... having lived in Ecuador for 6 months and done extensive research on the politics and views held by President Correa and his administration, I believe Ecuador to be a pretty damn good country with the best intentions in mind by those in control.

Good on them!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX

I think these lying corrupt politicians ordering all these international crimes, in Washington are the TRUE terrorists to the U.S. I am not sure of Julians motives, only he knows his true motives, but I am certanly glad he's exposing the governments diplomatic crimes! The government can expose our secrets and moniter us at will, but when someone does it back to them it's a matter of national security. Pathetic.

In this excellent interview Julian Assange talks about his motives:

blog.ted.com...

Sorry, I don't know how to embed.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
They already arrested Bradley, now they want Assange...
How many people can they charge of the same supposed crime ?

anyone who has donated to wikileaks
can be charged with funding terrorism.

anyone who has downloaded docs from
wikileaks can be charged with receiving,
possession and or distribution of classified material.

edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

ahh,, thankyou for the video

but just to play the devils advocate I did say REAL reason

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

anyone who has downloaded docs from wikileaks can be charged with receiving, possession and or distribution of classified material.

I think I'm &^%$%^ then. lol

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Julian Assange
if u r reading this
stay away from Ecuador.

It's Intelligence services are over run
with CIA Operatives involved with
Columbia's drug trafficking ops.

ipsnews.net...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It was said by a Tv commentatorhee this morning - in response to Hillary Clintons comments about Assange being a terrorist - that, essentiallysincethe media became monopoly owned there are no investigative jourmalists left because thers no whrere left for their material / scoops / big stories to be published.

Assange has changed that - he has made available the "service" that the press USED to provide us with!.

He said that in effect - BEFORE the USA can make ASSANGE into acriminal / terroris or whatever - they FIRST have to go back and arrest the two Watergate journalists bob Woodward & Lennard Bernstein ...the two guys who got their info from 'deep throat'.

Without them the Watergate story would never have broken and Nixon presidency would never have collapsed.

In thisWikileaks situation, Wikileaks is the New York Post newspaper, Bradly Manning is deep throat, and Assange is both bernstein and woodward combined.

So in all fairness -it was the corrupted administration that needed to know and our free press and investigative journalists role - is to keep the bastards honest.

These days there no free press any more its a monopoly owned by the intelligence agencies and used for propaganda.

Manning and assange have done exactly what Lenard 7 bernstien did - tried to being downa corrupted administratin and done it well.

Nixon had to go just as the Bushes and Odumbo have to go.

But instead we are told that Assange and manning have to go

I'm pretty sure that Nixon would have wanted it togo that way aswelland look where he ended up.

Odumbo should be impeached for this.

Manning and Assange should be world heros just like Lennard and Bernstein.

It's a pretty good comparison.

When Hillary has Lennard and Bernstein shot as terrorists she can start talking with any authority about Manning and Assange.

Maybe w need to startby going backanddigging thri thewhole whitewater scandal and the silverado savings and loans scandle and the nuke secrets that Slick Willy sold tot he Chinese and all the China White that Hillary has imported thru Mena arkansas under CIA control and so on and so forth...maybe the Vince Foster affair...

Thats what the powers that be fear most - their evil crimes being exposed!.

Hillary has enough skeleytonsin the closet to bevery worried.

If America does descend into civil war, and the people ever regain control - Hillary would be likely to see the inside of a cell for the rest ofher natural life.

She quite smply has zero international credibility - the wikileaks documents will just confirm what we already know - that she's a common criminal.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him a private jet to travel to ecuador, and that private jet accidently crashes into a mountainside. It sounds to so suspicious, unless it is just a show of goodwill. But I highly doubt it.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

spot on with the analogy
I wish i could give more stars

but that's pretty much it
in a nutshell.

in a way
we have ALL become our own
investigative journalists