It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat People - come out and post about your babies!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've been allergic to cats all my life until 2001.

I got a series of shots and now live with three cats and a kitten without sneezing.

I still can't touch my eyes to adjust my contact lens before I wash my hands, otherwise my eyes swell shut.

But I can now sleep with my kitties!

We (my beautiful girlfriend and I) have, in order of aquisition, one Tuxedo female with one white toe (which daddy is wrapped around according to mommy, true of course), one Snow Shoe Siamese male - a kitten trapped in a big male body and definitely Momma's boy, one Tabby female who is an attention Ho and looks like a football with feet who is loved and is Momma's lap kitteh, and a beautiful munchkin kitten with blue eyes who was thrown out of a car and survived.

She's daddy's little girl, the munchkin. We've had her seven months and she just weighs 4 pounds, but she is happy and healthy, and wears my butt out playing with her.

All our cats have received vet shots and visits, and have been fixed - except the baby doll; we are waiting for her to get a little bigger.

The baby doll is sitting on my lap now as I type.

Come on you Cat People, post.

All of ours are former strays that my Lady and I took in - tell me your tales, that I can hear all you good folks out there.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ohhh im in

i allways was a "dog" men
...but this little bugger got my heart.
i worked in a cat shelter for 2 years and he was like my right hand.
He followed me everywhere and noone else could touch him
just me..

when i left the shelter cause of another job..i decidet to take him with me

edit on 29-11-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I dont own a cat but this guy hangs around in the woods behind my barn took this pic from my tree stand last fall. He's still around I see tracks every once in a while.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfa0f1782f0e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I wish I had pics of my lovely lady, Priestess. She is a white shorthair with the craziest colored eyes... they go from green to yellow, depending on her mood. Just adopted her a couple months ago. Several years back though, I adopted a huge black longhaired male from the Beaumont shelter. He was only a few hours from meeting his maker, and had mauled one of the keepers! It was love at first site, and when I opened the cage door ( after a hasty warning from said keeper, sporting a bandaged hand) this huge head came out and rammed into my chest, and this great beast curled up in my arms with his feet up like a baby. This great and wonderful male was named Deamon, but everyone else knew him as BooBoo. Stupid, yes, but considering all, it was better this way, trust me. He hated my then husband, knew I was pregnant before I did, and loved my son as if he were his own kitten. At his largest, he was over 20 pounds, nearly all muscle and fur. He passed in my arms seven years ago due to liver failure, and the vet gave him a merciful end. Its as if part of my soul died as well. He was my familiar, my guardian, my friend. Priestess, this exact opposite, has poise, Betty Davis eyes, and a whiskey-and-cigarette sort of voice which she uses often. She isn't my Deamon, but she is my dear friend as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well, since you asked...lol

I have a big kittie crew and I too am allergic, although my allergies are getting better and washing hands is the most effective remedy. I still love dogs but there is just something special about cats
All of my cats were either strays or from a shelter.

My first is Halo, a large male brown tabby who is the biggest teddy bear on the planet. He's kinda slow but is the coolest laid back cat you will ever meet, and is especially attached to my youngest teenage daughter. He is almost 11.

Then came Cuddles, a copper red tabby I adopted from the shelter at 5 weeks old. I wrote about him on ATS a while back, a story of him getting lost for 2 weeks and the psychic bond of love and communication that helped me get him back! He is 9.

Then came Mocha, Diva and Ginger, three sisters I adopted from a shelter that I felt compelled to adopt because I just knew they needed to be kept together and I was willing to do it. They are very timid and not too friendly. Ginger is all white with a few red markings, Diva is a BIG GIRL, white with grey markings and just beautiful, and Mocha is a grey and brown tabby with a nose that looks like a chocolate chip. Diva and Mocha love to cuddle together on cold winter days. They are 8.

I was prepared to stop at these 5, but as life would have it....not soooo much!

After my mom had a stroke and was unable to care for her 4 cats, I took them in, because to me they are part of the family and I wasn't about to let them go to the shelter.

So, now I also have Angelle, a sweet girl with big round eyes and not very bright...she tends to act before thinking and I've had to rescue her from some unfortunate situations!

Magi, a black and grey tabby who is exceptionally intelligent and very athletic.

Crookshanks, the best little hunter I've ever seen. He is a an orange tabby with green eyes, very smart, and very attuned to nature. We used to live on a bayou in Louisiana and he could actually stand on the bank of the bayou and catch live fish! I wont' even begin to relay how he deals with snakes.......

Then there is Tinkerbelle, a little bitty fluffy I don't know what, that showed up after a hurricane by my mom's house, and walked right through the open door into her house as if she had always lived there....

Since acquiring those 4, I had enough, although the universe wasn't quite done with me.....

Along came Meow-Meow (don't ask, my boyfriend named him after too many beers) He showed up at around 4 months old, a fluffy orange kitty, very afraid and living underneath the back shed until he got up the nerve to let us pet him. He is still somewhat neurotic but we love him...

Then another kitten named Oreo, a female black and white kitten with big round eyes, was rescued by my daughter from a horrible situation. She nearly died about 2 months ago from a ovarian infections but has fully recovered.

Then came the love of my life, Tonks, a sweet and fiesty female that I swear was sent by God/the universe just for me. I seriously have waited for her all of my life! She is a healer kitty that will lay upon someone that is sick. For example, whenever my blood pressure gets high, she just knows and will come and lay across my chest for 15 or 20 minutes and when she senses I'm okay, off she goes....She is very petite and has a beautiful mutli-colored spotted coat.

Then last winter, I came across Jade, a black kitty with beautiful jade green eyes, that was starving to death, skin and bones, living in the gutters under the street with no protection from the harsh cold. She looked like she had been hit by a car because she was in a lot of pain and limping badly from her hip. I couldn't turn my back on her, gave her a home and I'm happy to say she is doing great, healthy and healed. She miraculously survived a pitt bull attack last month and has no injuries from it, I think the universe just wants her to know what love is....

And now there is a baby white kitten that has found it's way to me, he is scared of all humans, and hides in the bushes. I have fixed him up with a crate with a heated blanket inside of it, wrapped in old comforters, and hooked him up with food and water. He is doing better but is still scared. I'm trying to find him a great forever home.....

I only have 6 that stay inside my house, the others stay outside under my very large porch that faces the backyard. They each have a crate that is insulated with old comforters and blankets and have heated blankets inside each of them to lay on, they love it! And yes, they are all fixed and vaccinated, and very rarely leave the backyard, I try very hard to be a resposible pet owner!

I look forward to reading about everyone's babies!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Introducing nixie....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eded39a2e58.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc56ec79ef63.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Interesting story about my cat. While we yet didn't have one, I was feeling really temperamental and just knew I would take it out on my poor husband if God didn't intervene. I prayed that I would not say or do anything I would have to apologize for later on and I begged God to help me control my raging hormones.

When we got home, it was a tense car ride and nighttime by the time we got home. My husband went in the house first and when I came in a little bit later, the first thing he said was 'is this our cat?' I had no idea what he talking about until he pointed out the cat in our house that he said had jumped in as soon as he opened the door. I was so distracted with the cat after that, I just know he was the answer to my prayer. People think he's a big cat but I think he only looks big because he's got long hair. He's black and white and so was our old cat where we previously lived. That's why my husband had asked if it was our cat.

The cat's been with us ever since that night, he kicks our neighbours cats ass and the dogs too. For the last two years, the cat's had an allergy problem ever since it got sprayed by a skunk and will often have sneezing fits. Everyone screams and runs when he does because he'll blow out the nastiest, green, slimy boogers all over the floor, walls, wherever he is and whatevers in radius. He is definitely not allowed on any of our beds and now very rarely gets picked up. Some of our visitors have had the pleasure of witnessing the phenomena and they all agree, it turns their stomach and makes them want to hurl. I love my cat!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/429f23a4ceff.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I adore cats and have had many in my lifetime! Currently we only have one, an all white persian with beautiful blue eyes. She is deaf and a rescue.

When my husband and I were working, we discovered a beautiful white fluffy kitty hanging around the mill. Poor thing was terrified of people and would run when ever someone would try to approach her. She would eat whatever scraps of food people would leave her and would often sleep in the dumpster behind the building. Well, it took almost two weeks, but we finally rescued her.

At the time, we already had two cats and just wanted to get her vet treatment and find her a home. Poor little darling had a very bad ear infection, fleas, and earmites. Well, all the animal shelters were filled to capacity. Poor little thing would hiss and growl like a wildcat and was not too happy with the other cats. I spent much time just lying near her closed off in the bathroom from the other cats for certain periods of times. I wouldn't pet her as that freaked her out. I just spent time near her to let her get used to me. One day I pet her and though she was nervous, she allowed it. The next time I pet her she purred. I knew we would be forever friends from that moment on.

Being a deaf cat, I had to use sign language and would flick a light on and off when entering a room to let her know I was there. With her breed, their eyes leak a lot and need constant attention. She also needs regular grooming being long haired. That darling girl went from being a hissy growling wildcat, to the sweet and loving cat she is now. She never gets into any mischief, never jumps on things. She is quiet and loving and we are ever so grateful to have found her.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
I dont own a cat but this guy hangs around in the woods behind my barn took this pic from my tree stand last fall. He's still around I see tracks every once in a while.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfa0f1782f0e.jpg[/atsimg]

Now THAT'S a cat!!!!
Can I come over and play?
Seriously, that is a gorgeous wildcat! Thanks so much for sharing that pic with us!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Unfortunately, my computer is being stupid so I can't post pictures at the moment of my girls. My pretty boyfriend and I have three lovely daughters... My oldest is a six year old tortoise shell calico, named Mary Jane, with very distinct orange and black stripes on the sides of her white tummy and an orange streak on her face. Our middle daughter, Baroness, is all black, slender and has the most beautiful orange eyes. She's a bit of a trouble maker... like her mommy, my boyfriend says. She is almost two now. And our youngest, Luna, is a fluffy white medium haired domestic with a light grey patch on the top of her head, and is the sweetest cat I have ever met. They are all so much fun and we love them sooo much. They complete our little family perfectly

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i have one brown(tigerish) cat named peanutbutter and his brother is all white w blue eyes he is deaf his name is fluff peanutbutter and fluff! thay are so close me and wife always find them suggeld up napping together
the cute is when thay groom each other
lol my wife really loves them she taught peanutbutter to give kissys adorahbol welove um

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Thats the ugliest cat ive ever seen someone run it over!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Thanks for bringing back sad memories of the demise of one of my cats a while ago....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Some people just don't understand that pets of any kind can become quite attached to you and actually become part of ones family. I feel sad for these types as they are missing out on something wonderful.

Unconditional love...........

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by angrydog

Thats the ugliest cat ive ever seen someone run it over!!!!

thx
i like you too .P

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. A pet, as clichéd as it sounds, really does become a through and through member of the family, and I couldn't feel more sorry for those who see a pet as just that... A pet. It's so much more.

Life isn't the same without them.

Anyway, A picture of my 2 year old cat Leo.

*ignore the default date of the camera - this pic's from this year*

..And this.

...Aaaaand also this.

I have 3 more of them as well but they can be elusive when it comes to pictures.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
These photos are of my cat Bijou (Jewel in French)...she was 5 months old at the time. She is a purebred Ragdoll.....Bijou and the breed act more like dogs. They crave your company, come when you call and greet you at the door when returning home. They like to sleep in your company and get lonely when you aren't around. They will follow you room to room. Awesome breed of cat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b0d7641bde9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fcee3ee4d54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks Rising for telling me about this thread!!

Matei and Luca (aka Matthew and Luke
)

I have many more pictures on my facebook page

edit on 30/11/10 by sandri_90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oooooh, more kitties. I love these threads

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
I've been allergic to cats all my life until 2001.

I got a series of shots and now live with three cats and a kitten without sneezing.

I still can't touch my eyes to adjust my contact lens before I wash my hands, otherwise my eyes swell shut.

But I can now sleep with my kitties!

I was just the same but my love for the little furry buggers got the best of me. That fine kitten fur can REALLY get to ya!

I braved the first few months and sneezed myself silly. If I get a hair in my eye, even now, it won't stop itching and bugging me for ages. Sleeping with them on the bed is just the best.

Well done and welcome to the world of cuteness.

I have three. Duke, Squidge and Princess. We live in the heart of the Cognac vines and they are really great hunters and this place is as much theirs as it is mine.

In fact, I'm leaving it to them in my will if they outlive me.

They are the bestest friends I've ever had and I would have gone doo-lally years ago with out them.

Here's Princess, the prettiest kittie I've ever known. She's curled up on my lap as I type this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6939dc3aec19.jpg[/atsimg]

Her Brother, Duke. Big lazy cute cuddly monster with huge claws:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1802a77d3d23.jpg[/atsimg]

Squidge, Princesses daughter. Big scaredy cat but has her cute moments bless her:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1187aad484b.jpg[/atsimg]

Kitties are so cooool.

edit on 30/11/2010 by nerbot because: stuff 'n 'at

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Mine all give kisses too! lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join