It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117 in North Korea (What kind of AirDefence do they have)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.geocities.com...

must be real you belive everything you see on news right lol

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OMG look at this raptor firing a missile but wait didnt you say raptors cant fire missiles

OMg look its peeling ram uhh wait its not isnt that something

OMG the F-22 has racks to load the missile but according to you they dont

[edit on 7-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
look at this the raptor can withstand temps from -65-+135F.

Hey check out this site it might convince you that the raptor wont fall apart because of the elements.

Raptor tests

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
look at this the raptor can withstand temps from -65-+135F.

Exactly, all the planes have to meet these requirements before the AF will accept them Is the Raptor perfect right now? No that why its called Flight TEST! Christ, these don't roll off the drawing board right to the front line

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Exactly, all the planes have to meet these requirements before the AF will accept them Is the Raptor perfect right now? No that why its called Flight TEST! Christ, these don't roll off the drawing board right to the front line

No they don't but they also don't fall apart like some would have you believe any sane person knows what was said about the raptor not being able to fly for more than a day not having racks for missiles not being able to fire missiles not being able to fly very fast not being able to turn sharp angles and peeling ram is total BS

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

not having racks for missiles not being able to fire missiles not being able to fly very fast not being able to turn sharp angles and peeling ram is total BS

He was quite a charmer. You would think that someone who actually has worked on the plane would also know better than to blab about "issues" on a public board. I can't imagine they would reveal everthing about the plane without mucho secrecy contracts etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm with you westpoint - this dude that claims to work on F-117's is full of it. And it is BS that he an't give you the name of his security clearence. Such things are common knowladge. Hell, if he was smart enough, he could probably look up the name and convice me. Then again, anyone who has to lie about something like that probably isn't the brightest guy in the world..

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I'm with you westpoint - this dude that claims to work on F-117's is full of it. And it is BS that he an't give you the name of his security clearence. Such things are common knowladge. Hell, if he was smart enough, he could probably look up the name and convice me. Then again, anyone who has to lie about something like that probably isn't the brightest guy in the world..

It became pretty clear, he had read about the Nighthawk and the Raptor in a comic book and decided to post. Kudos to whoever removed him....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Agreed

Back to topic.......
I doubt that n has air defenses for US stealth. The F-117 won't be used in initial attacks - thats what the B-2 is for. They don't have anything that can hit the Spirit.

The problem is that the north still has artillery pointed south, that i the problem (other then nuclear) the US faces.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Agreed

Back to topic.......
I doubt that n has air defenses for US stealth. The F-117 won't be used in initial attacks - thats what the B-2 is for. They don't have anything that can hit the Spirit.

Yea, if the push across teh DMZ, it will be awhile before the B-2 get there even if based in Diego Garcia. THe F-117 may have to be used for behing the lines CCI3 targets initally untill the Spirts arrive. The good news is that the range to the battle area is short so hopefully they can get jamming support etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It was on the news a while back but most people in south Korea want the US out they think they could actually fend off a north invasion but what was interesting all of the people that wanted the US out were born after the Korean war all of the Korean veterans who fought in the Korean war want the US to stay because they don't want history to repeat itself.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"It was on the news a while back but most people in south Korea want the US out they think they could actually fend off a north invasion but what was interesting all of the people that wanted the US out were born after the Korean war all of the Korean veterans who fought in the Korean war want the US to stay because they don't want history to repeat itself. "

They want US out, because US is preventing reapproachment between North Korea and South Korea at every opportunity. US do not want to lose its strategic base in Sout Korea.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
They want US out, because US is preventing reapproachment between North Korea and South Korea at every opportunity. US do not want to lose its strategic base in Sout Korea.

You again? Its very very clear you have become a victem of your own propaganda. The US preventing re-unification. Are you for real? The only think keepiong Kim from pouring over the DMZ is the US troops. And if you think that CHINA will help get this clear! We kicked your ass back to the DMZ once and we can do it again.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

I'm afraid that you're talking complete bunk there. The US has plenty of bases in that part of the world and the only reason that they are in SK is because the war never ended and Kim still has designs on the South. He is mad enough to actually make a play for the South if the US deterrant weren't there.

North Korea is a complete disaster. China keeps the regime propped up as she doesn't want it turning into an economic powerhouse like the South. It would be dangerous to have such a state on it's doorstep and it uses North Korea as a buffer zone. The problem is that the Chinese have pandered far too much to Kim's ego - he has turned into a total meglomaniac and his people are suffering atrociously because of it.

I don't think anyone with half a brain could argue that NK isn't a threat to it's neighbours; nor could they argue that the regime there isn't a disaster. If China could guarantee the integrity of South Korea maybe the US wouldn't have to be there. The problem is that China can't and won't.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
I'm afraid that you're talking complete bunk there. The US has plenty of bases in that part of the world and the only reason that they are in SK is because the war never ended and Kim still has designs on the South. He is mad enough to actually make a play for the South if the US deterrant weren't there.

Thank you Leveller. you presented a much more resonable analysis of the situation then my "kick your asses back to the DMZ" rant. My Grandfather served in both WWII and the Korean War and I lost an Uncle in Korea so I get a little worked up about it. This guy is a complete wack and you should see his posts about Taiwan. Back to Korea though. The US has beases in Japan, Taiwan, Diego Garcia, Guam, Could probably go into Thailand etc. So you are correct in your analysis about that fact. Kim wants the South to help prop up his crummy little empire. All the talk about re-uniting is a screen for plundering the economic riches of the south.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All you have to do is check out the military stats between the north and the south the north has better numbers on virtually anything and they are saying that they will test a nuclear device does that sound like a sane man who wants to reunite north and south no Kim is mentally insane.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

It was on the news a while back but most people in south Korea want the US out they think they could actually fend off a north invasion but what was interesting all of the people that wanted the US out were born after the Korean war all of the Korean veterans who fought in the Korean war want the US to stay because they don't want history to repeat itself.

The gneration that does not remeber the brutality of the previous war seem to have fallen prey to the propganda machine of Kim Il (I be Illing) Jong. Hopefully they will live to regret thier mistake

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join