It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117 in North Korea (What kind of AirDefence do they have)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
fragile you act like this plane is made of sheet metal and wood comon man it wouldent cost 100 mil if it wasent good and if its so bad why does the airforce wnt it so bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
the following is from globalsecurity.org:

The DPRK, with over 8,800 AA guns, combined with SA-2, SA-3, and SA-5, and handheld SA-7 and SA-16 surface-to-air missiles, has constructed one of the world's most dense air defense networks. In the mid- 1980s, the former Soviet Union supplied SA-3/GOA surface-to-air missiles to the DPRK. The SA-3 provides short-range defense against low- flying aircraft. In 1987, the former Soviet Union provided SA-5/GAMMON surface-to-air missiles that gave Pyongyang a long-range, highaltitude, surface-to-air missile capability. The SA-2 GUIDELINE system provides medium-range, medium-altitude point defense for cities and military airfields, as well as a barrier defense along the DMZ.

SA-2 and SA-3 battalions are concentrated along the coastal corridors, while most SA-5 GAMMON battalions are located near the DMZ and are extended north to cover Pyongyang.

According the the IISS's Military Balance 03-04, it's SAM contingent consists of some 19 Brigades, posessing the same equipment mentioned above.

I would estimate that with this equipment, the US could still penetrate the north with stealth aircraft, but it must be remembered that these are in limited supply (comparative to the size of north korea's list of possible military targets), and would not be able to win air supremacy for at least several weeks.

-koji K.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 6-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
honda cicvics to the af....the tech we have now is still great enough to keep our af....army and navy ahead of the other countries..the goverment pushed way too fast for the f-22 and it has been costing us money ever since..we are still 3 years away from this thing being war capable

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Also they had a show like two weeks ago it was called stealth and beyond on the history channel and they showed footage of the raptor withstanding torrential rains snow and ice covering with temperatures well below zero also it withstood hurricane winds I didn't see any ram peeling off or breaking care to explain that.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
omfg...dude i also saw micheal vick throw a football out of a football stadium on tv???? was i seeing things too lol..is this not topsecret website here...do we not post stuff that alot of others dont know???? do you think the USAf would release alot of the stuff that goes bad with the f-22??..it stood against all those tests..but the biggest test was yet to come..could it fly day to and not break all the time..it does break all the time...its mission rate is below 30%..

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
hey i still havent seen any proof from you to back what your sayingb at least i just dont say stuff so you cannot be taken serious you have to have some pfroof and dont give me some BS about its top secret i can claim to have worked on the B-2 or aurora and i can also say i have no proof cuz its top secret whatever.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
u tell me what proof is to you??????

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Proof is evidence to convince me beyond a reasonable doubt of what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yeah not sh@t if i wanted a definition of no crap u just gave it....but what..if i tell u sstuff not on news thenim lieing if i tell you something everyone knows then im lieing...what could i twell you that u would know that i wasnt lieing

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No if you tell me stuff that's on the news well that is obviously not lying but if you tell me stuff that is not on the news or on any website then you have to back it up if you don't then you are lying.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I went to the thread and clicked on the link is about the F-117 dropping a small dummy bomb on a house by acident it has nothing to do with ram or anything else so what are you talking about?

[edit on 7-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I went to the thread and clicked on the link is about the F-117 dropping a small dummy bomb on a house by acident it has nothing to do with ram or anything else so what are you talking about? [edit on 7-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

Westpoint, maybee it wasn't a bomb but RAM that looked like a bomb? Stealthy No?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
the following is from globalsecurity.org:

The DPRK, with over 8,800 AA guns, combined with SA-2, SA-3, and SA-5, and handheld SA-7 and SA-16 surface-to-air missiles, has constructed one of the world's most dense air defense networks. In the mid- 1980s, the former Soviet Union supplied SA-3/GOA surface-to-air missiles to the DPRK. The SA-3 provides short-range defense against low- flying aircraft. In 1987, the former Soviet Union provided SA-5/GAMMON[edit on 6-7-2004 by koji_K]

Interesting. Do we have any data on the real world perfomance of the SA-5 vs actual hostile aircraft? Particulary ones fired by indegionous crews? The Russians no doubt train the people who buy thier systems, but with the performance of them in recent conflicts one has to wonder if crew training has been a crucial factor in thier perfomance.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
lol for a site like this guys wont take anything with out fkn pics lol

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No the site say it was an 11 inch dummy bomb they even have a picture of the thing and how can you mistake ram for a bomb that site never even mentions ram you again are dreaming up stories.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
no sh@t westpoint i was being a smart ass....let me ask you a question u ever been near a f-117 pos????? i dont think so i worked on them for 5 years and handled everything there is on that flying pos...dont try to tell me what i know

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
No if you tell me stuff that's on the news well that is obviously not lying but if you tell me stuff that is not on the news or on any website then you have to back it up if you don't then you are lying.

That makes no sense. Just because I guy can't or doesn't back it up, he's lying?

So if I say you're a transexual, yet you deny it, since you can't prove it to me on this message board, that means you're lying, right?

This is why West Point is a long shot for you. A military officer isn't supposed to come to such weak conclusions.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Um... no I deny it because all of the evidence out there says other wise to what he is saying and he cant back it up with one bit of evidence he says that he worked on the F-117 foe 5 year yet he cant tell me what clearance he had or what his title was or any other thing to support his claims and im coming to a weak conclusion lets see my conclusion ok I have tons of evidence about the raptor firing missiles being durable angle to turn at high speed without peeling off ram and on the other side I have one person who claims he knows or worked on the raptor and yet he cant back up or proved any compelling fact about what he is saying and you call my conclusion weak.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
wow you saw a aim -9 come from a raptor???? no kidding where did you see that one tv???? west point im about to make you look like a mules rear ok..if we belive all the stuff the reporters tell us and not from people like me who worked on the darn thing then here west point clcick on this link and see whats true..... you think this video is real???????????

www.geocities.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join