It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Twain's War Prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Since the lowly drums are beating, what with all the tension with the Korea's, Iran, China and all. It would be an appropriate time to drop this little thought provoker onto the ATS community.
For those of you that have read/seen before, enjoy. For those that want to see the whole scene I'll put a link to it.
Enjoy?????

www.youtube.com...

The Private History of a Campaign That Failed (TV 1981)
edit on 063030p://11America/Chicago29 by Tinman67 because: added link for more info on full story

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

China says they will abandon North Korea.
2nd

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I had not heard that before... really puts it in perspective, huh?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Interesting, but that wasn't the point

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Now just keep in mind, each and every nation typically has a similar (extremely well articulated and powerful) speech of war promoting their own belief system.

Isn't that F***ing scary? In the name of love? 'drown the sound of ammunition with the shrieks of the enemies cries in pain' ? really? Talking about the widows wandering the destroyed streets in rags? Imagine that being your wife or girlfriend, your daughter... regardless of who is speaking under whatever picture-flag representing whatever cause it is monstrous.
edit on 29-11-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

And that really is meant to be the point. Watch the full movie sometime, or just link to the ending I posted below the video. It is Twain and it is worth the time.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Amen!
I haven't seen this before but I find it funny (and humbling) how he asks those things in God's love.

top topics

join