It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Student Reportedly Holding High School Classroom Hostage in Wisconsin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ok first of all, this is terrible. I'm glad all the hostages were released. Phew! I'm flipping through the channels to see if I can find anything on it, but I can't find anyting on the news about this? Not even on the run thru of news from earlier today.. I live in maine, but they normally cover stuff like this..
edit on 30-11-2010 by Xavialune because: off topic part

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

This is absolutely ridiculous, if this was a middle aged man the stand off would be over by now. I know many here would say I'm unsympathetic but lets be honest people, if your ready to put people hostage, then most likely your ready to kill. This student shouldn't be treated any differently then any other type of criminal. I'd say if there's sharp shooters in place take the shot and have swat standing by ready to run in. Kid's need to realize if they pull some # like this, it's their #ing head!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Good to hear the hostages have been let loose, I've calmed down a bit now... phew.

2nd line.

edit on 30-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I found out in uk that the uk gov is using electronic mind control in schools in 1992.

So if they use it in uk 18 years back, they certainly are using it in american schools too.

Enough said with this story.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"They just spent a whole bundle of money on classroom doors to make them secure, but they don't have metal detectors at the school," said councilman Bradley Behrendt. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Really? Is it just me or does it seem like we have a TSA chairman in the making here.
This whole situation seems very suspicious.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

There's been metal detectors at my old high school, New Bedford High in Mass, since there was a bomb threat that was taken out before it began back in 02. I was happy when they put them into place and sadly this is what things have become.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
...the kid (gunman) died...

online.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
...heres another article just posted a few minutes ago... says samuel hengel was a good kid with no history that would indicate trouble...

www.greenbaypressgazette.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just how did he manage to bring a 9 mm semi-automatic into the school without getting a lot of attention?

How is it that we never had this sort of problem until recent decades?

Kids used to bring guns and knives to school regularily, but never did they turn them on fellow students or anyone else. The used them for hunting. Pocket knives were the norm; every boy had one. Girls carried nail files and rat tailed combs.

Kids have always bullied other kids. So there is nothing new there.
Why is it now such a problem?

As I have contended for years - humans are truely insane and getting more insane by the day.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just a few short years ago this was a young child, a baby. What could happen in so short a time that he would have become so disabled as to not only take chances with the lives of others but to end his own short life in this way?

This is very sad.

I am happy the hostages made it out alive and hopefully well.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
...”he is in 10th grade his name is Sam Hengle he is holding ppl in mrs birds room and there were shots fired one of my family members saw a girl all bloody.” "

The above info was gathered from a poster on Facebook yesterday, and has been proven to be accurate regarding the name of the teacher and the hostage holder. As all the reports had said there were no shots fired until the end, we now have confirmation that at least one shot was fired early on:

www.greenbaypressgazette.com...
"At some point between the sixth period and when law enforcement arrived on scene at approximately 4 p.m., a single shot was fired."

So can it be true that there was indeed a girl "all bloody," as the poster also indicated? I don't know if we are being told the whole truth here.

I also doubt the kid shot himself, as they are saying. I'll bet the cops shot him when they entered the classroom.
edit on 30-11-2010 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I was thinking about that yesterday. Where did all the rifle teams go? What made kids stop leaving their squirrel rifles in their lockers?

There wasnt any event that caused this change. There wasnt some Dunblane or Port Arthur type catalyst. We didnt get these events until after the kids stopped hunting before school and the rifle teams left the schools.

So what happened?

It's like the guy whose bright idea this all was is at fault for these events taking place.

Just from this hunting season:

Student arrested for having rifle in car

Six students suspended for hunting gear

Somebody saw a rifle, claimed it was fired, neighborhood locked down for kid going hunting

The hunters and shooters havent changed. All the lunatics and paranoids have just gotten more paranoid. I've never felt threatened by a gun unless sit was aimed at me. Seems now people see a pointed index finger and they swell with terror and the city gets shut down while all agencies search for the offending finger. Always in the name of "what if?" and "just to be safe."
edit on 30-11-2010 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thisgurighthere has hit the nail on the head.
Its not the same in all communities, but it is an ever increasing situation.
I know personally I worked in a school district where the kids still had off on the first day of hunting season and were alot to wear hats in school because many of them came striaght from the woods to school and then left in the afternoon to go back out. Rifles in the lockers, the did not have that though.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Well I suppose the police finally handled this like they should've handled many other situations with similar circumstances. Don't ask any questions, don't plead with the hostage taker, just put a bullet in his brain. You want kids to stop trying to pull this # at schools? Then do exactly that, show them there's zero tolerance for it and if you do try it you'll have one thing waiting for you... a box. If he shot himself just as well.

Also for anyone that thinks I'm cruel, my high school had an incident like this when I was 17. The plan was stopped but only one day before it was to take place, the cops found over 10 AUTOMATIC weapons at the kids houses and a number of "kill" lists. At that time it infuriated me to no end, that a fellow student no matter how diluted, would pull such a thing on there classmates. I was also a friend of everyone and not one of the jocks that would pick on kids or do other stupid BS. Metal detectors were then put in place at the school and name tags had to be worn around every students neck as a precaution. I wasn't to thrilled about the name tags but I didn't give a crap about the metal detectors. I had a zero tolerance thought process on this then and it hasn't changed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well I come from Mass, number one you have to be 18 or over to own or house a fire arm, which I think is a pretty damn good law. You can't drink until 21(although that should also be 18), so why should you be able to have a firearm under age in different states? I mean it's ridiculous, even if someone had the weapons for hunting; school is no place for one and neither is school grounds, last I checked your their to learn not to worry about shooting a peasant. Like you said you wanna shoot a gun in school? Then join the ROTC and have all the fun you want shooting guns at the school range or other ranges under the supervision of responsible adults (My old HS still has an ROTC as I'm sure most or all do and they have a small arsenal of weapons). Also not every kid carrying a gun is interested in hunting and therefor this isn't such a black and white issue, also I wouldn't want a bunch of kids having a fire fight in a school, lets leave that to the professionals.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.fox11online.com...
At 8:03 p.m. officers heard three gun shots, that's when according to (Marinette Police Chief Jeff )Skorik, officers entered the classroom and saw Hengel standing at the front of the room. Skorik says Hengel then shot himself and the rest of the hostages were evacuated.

If the cops heard 3 shots and then entered the classroom, and then there was another shot as the kid shot himself(allegedly), then that means there were 4 shots. This story is all over the map.

ps
What is it about New Bedford High and black trenchcoat wearing whack shooters?

--In late October of 2001 four or five teens from New Bedford, Massachusetts are arrested for planning an attack on New Bedford High School. The teens "are suspected of a plot to shoot faculty and classmates and then kill themselves" on the roof of the school. They wore long black trenchcoats and died their hair different colors.

--Jacob D. Robida, 18, New Bedford High alumnus, takes an ax and then a gun to patrons at a gay bar on 2-1-06 while wearing a black trenchcoat.
edit on 30-11-2010 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Doesnt all of that block of text go both ways?

Why should every state in the nation follow MA law?

Why do we have to assume everyone with a gun is guilty of a crime before they ever commit one? You say every kid with a gun might not be out to hunt. So is every kid with a gun out to shoot up their school? I love how emotional reaction and ignorance based fear make everyone guilty until proven innocent.

Back when every locker had a gun kids didnt get into firefights. Why would they now? Oh, I know why. Because they're all guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Whoa Whoa Whoa way to take what I said and run with it. I clearly stated that "children" shouldn't be allowed to have guns, that's anyone under the age of 18 in my eyes. I never said every kid with a gun is looking to "shoot um up" as you put it, I stated that kids need adult supervision. I was a kid once as you were (or still are therefor I'd understand you arguing for a lower gun age) and when I was a kid I'm not saying I was a complete dumb-ass but I am stating that an item that could take someones life away shouldn't be in the hands of a child. You disagree hey that's fine, just don't go labeling me as something I'm not, I could just as easily say your terrified of confrontation and that's why you think everyone should have guns... Right? That is pretty much what you did with my reply, correct? Took it and ran with it.

Also I have no idea where you were going with that innocent till proven guilty BS, those words never came out of my mouth or did I alude to it at all. But one way to make that innocent till proven guilty stuff pretty cut and dry, just make the age limit 18 and give hefty fines to both the parents and the child if caught with a gun while underage, also some community service time to spice that deal right up.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Well I suppose the police finally handled this like they should've handled many other situations with similar circumstances. Don't ask any questions, don't plead with the hostage taker, just put a bullet in his brain.

...he shot himself... yeah, i know, that suits you just fine...

...officers responding to a bad deal like this follow a protocal and for good reasons... one reason why killing the hostage taker isnt the top priority is because its not a cop's job to be judge, jury and executioner... they're often put in that position but i dont believe any of the decent ones like it...

...also, everyone wants answers and dead folks dont talk... no one knows why this young man did what he did... there are no reasons that would justify his behavior but knowing the reasons might help counselors and teachers be more aware and thats a good thing... knowing the reasons might also help the student hostages and the young man's family come to grips with what happened but they wont get that chance in this deal...

...its a very sad thing and, imo, people like you make it worse...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Sure he did, the kid fires off three shots and the police are conveniently there to "watch" him blow his brains out. So basically he would've had his brains blown out either way, he just got to the trigger first and yes that would suit me just find, the worlds over populated enough, we don't need another moron with a gun. No matter how young.
edit on 1-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join