It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Student Reportedly Holding High School Classroom Hostage in Wisconsin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thanks!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Update:

5 released leaving 18 in the room, Suspect has a hand gun and is thought to be a student at the school,

police have been talking to his parents to help find a possible motive,

All communications with the police are being done through the teacher.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
photos from the scene posted on fox11 website:

fox11 photos

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It appears a little more postive as he has let 5 hostages go. I hope all get out safely!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by CX

Armed Student Reportedly Holding High School Classroom Hostage in Wisconsin

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: Authorities are investigating reports of an armed student holding a classroom hostage at a high school in Wisconsin.

Police are on scene and no injuries are reported at this time, Marinette County Emergency Management said in a news release, without confirming a hostage standoff.

Police received a call just before 4 p.m. local time of an armed student at Marinette High School. Parents were asked to respond to the county courthouse to receive information on their children.

(visit the link for the full news article)
who cares

Who cares! 30,000 humnas just died this week due to starvation ,its in there gods hands,if its time for them to come home,so be it,they probaly pissed who ever it is off or something.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Responses like this make me wonder if the pole shift hasn't scrambled a few...eggs.... This used to be ats.

Is holding a room full of students hostage something you do when 'they' piss you off??

Funny mortals and there spoiled lil lives.
30,000 humans upon your earth just died due to starvation, about 40,000 homicides world wide, another 20,000,from colera,another 10,000 from cancer aids and all those illness in the last 4 days world wide, and here we are discussing a bunch of bratty snobby kids who probably did something to him, and he was sick of it...no mortal does something like that for nothing.

What you think, he go risk all that just to be doing something out the blue ?
DON’T JUDGE ME, JUDGE GOD FOR PUTTING THEM IN THAT PREDICAMENT , JUDGE THE PARENTS THAT RAISED THOSE BRATS TO TALK AND LAUGH AND BULLY KIDS IN SCHOOL ,JUDGE THAT !

JUDGE THAT KID WITH THE GUN, JUDGE HIS PARENTS ,JUDGE THE PERSON THAT PUT THE GUN IN HIS HAND.. BUT TO JUDGE ME FOR NOT CARING ABOUT THERE LIL SPOILED WAY OF LIFE, IS UN IMMORTAL FOR A GEMINI TO EVEN CARE OR SHARE A TEAR FOR…I WISH I WOULD GIVE A !

3000 thousand kids world wide die every day to the lack of water and food and you think im suppose to be ‘boo whoing’ over there full bellys.lmaf
life is real, get over it!

AND ONE MORE THING,i care if those kids live ,trust me,but to care what god has in store for them ,does not compute within my fealings.I only worry about me and mines thats all i need to care about....period ! you dont know who your worring about,you dont know what they did to even pick aside....PERIOD!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This may be way premature, a few sources are claiming who the teacher is.
Do not know how accurate this is.
Dont know if I should post the name without verification.

update here 845 pm local wisconsin time

All hostages released.
edit on 29-11-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
about 40,000 homicides world wide,

Wouldnt an armed hostage situation gone bad be part of the 40,000 homicides if it had gone that way?
I dont get it, possible homicides -- spoiled kids
actual homicides -- then we should care?

Lets just be thankful that the 40,000 you quoted didnt become 40,025.

MBF

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There is a reason for his actions. Somebody has made him really mad and this is the only way he has to rectify the situation. The sad thing is that in the end, all we will ever see on the news is that he is some nut case with a gun. The situation that let to this needs to be investigated.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Funny mortals and there spoiled lil lives. 30,000 humans upon your earth just died

Are you hinting around that you are not human? If so, I agree with you. There is not much humanity to you.

I hope that all of the hostages really did come thru okay.
edit on 11/29/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here is the profile:

--Friends may notice abrupt changes in mood in the days and weeks before the act. He may have complained that lately he has experienced strange and vivid dreams of a violent nature.

--He will be dressed in all black and/or camoflage, oftentimes with a black trenchcoat.

--Eyewitnesses at the scene will note strange emotional switches during the act. Some will say he looked angry, others will say he looked anxious, confused, or 'like a robot.'

--The media will paint him as a loner, but he will in fact have a circle of friends or be part of a clique.

--Extra ammo/guns/bombs will be found at his home and in his auto(this to 'close the circle' of guilt in the public's mind). The guns will have been legally acquired by the shooter or a close relative/neighbor. He will have brought an excessive quantity of ammunition to the scene. (This is so that, if he has 200rounds of ammo, people will think "Wow, he must have wanted to kill 200 people. What a nut!")

--Literature and/or videos about Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson(infamous American cult leader), or the Columbine killers will be found amongst his possessions.

--He will be computer-savvy, and likely left an online presence. He may have left some kind of manifesto, though it will be incomprehensible/nonsensical for the most part. He will have hinted at what he had planned, but the name of the target itself will not be mentioned. A complete record of what he communicated, and with who, on his computer will NOT be released.

--He will probably have been a player of violent video games, and will have been a fan of violence-themed movies. He will have produced his own videos in which he is seen with his weapons or expressing his hatred and/or violence.

--He will have a strong interest in weapons--guns, knives, swords, bombs--or the military.

--He will have had contact with a military recruiter or he will have spent some time in the military before being seperated under murky circumstances.

--There is a good chance he will have been active in "Live Action Role Playing"(LARP) games. Especially one called "Vampire, the Masquerade." Or he will have been a player in "Airsoft"/paintball games.

--He will have been mentally "treated" at some point by a counselor, psychologist, or a psychiatrist. And this shrink will likely remain unidentified and will NEVER be interviewed, even though he is perhaps best positioned to tell us what the motive is. The perp may also may have taken "anger management" sessions.

--He will have a history of taking SSRIs(selective seritonin reuptake inhibitors), often in combination with Ritalin(methylphenidate).

--There is some likelihood that he was institutionalized or hospitalized at some point before the attack. At any rate there will gaps in the timeline where police cannot account for his whereabouts.

--He probably had some contact with the police/law enforcement before this.

--He might have been involved with Satanism or other strange occultic-type religions.

--If he survived, he will be unable to explain why he did what he did. He may claim that 'voices' in his head told him to do it. Or he may not even remember the act at all. But whether he lives or dies, motive will always remain a mystery.

--He will NOT have acted alone. At the very least others will have encouraged him and helped plan the act and get weapons.

--Afterwards, the politicians will call for increased laws against gun ownership, more armed security personnel everywhere, and metal detectors at the school/mall.

edit on 29-11-2010 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MBF

There will be a press conference in approx half hour to discuss the details...
approx 930pm local time

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thank god the kids are safe, every one can go to sleep,the gunman shot his self and ...the kid was 15,that hurts.may the force be with the lil 15 year old..
i wonder what was going on in his head.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Latest news here...
as everyone knows the situation ended shortly after 8 pm local time.
Gunman was a 15 year old, who was assigned to the 6th period class and was armed with 2 guns, a 9mm semiautomatic and a .22 caliber, both were discharged during the situation. The gunman had inflicted himself with a gun shot and was taken to a nearyby hospital, unclear on what his status is currently. A total of 3 shots were fired by the gunman.

All hostages were freed/released at this stage with no physical injuries.
Believe the teacher to be Mrs. Valerie Burd from a number of sources but cannot be verified at this time.
School will be closed tomorrow with no immediate date to reopen.
Grief counselors will be available to students.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
picked this up on another forum:

"More facebook conversation...but here’s a name...will see what I can find...again caution must be verified.

...”he is in 10th grade his name is Sam Hengle he is holding ppl in mrs birds room and there were shots fired one of my family members saw a girl all bloody.” "

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

saw that too but didnt want to give the kids name yet...
not until there was something more concrete.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You're pathetic.
And maybe a source on your 30,000 number, if you don't mind.
I suspect you're way, way off.

From Wiki
Hunger mortality statistics

* On the average, 1 person dies every second as a result, either directly or indirectly, of hunger - 4000 every hour - 100 000 each day - 36 million each year - 58 % of all deaths (2001-2004 estimates).[9][10][11]
* On the average, 1 child dies every 5 seconds as a result, either directly or indirectly, of hunger - 700 every hour - 16 000 each day - 6 million each year - 60% of all child deaths (2002-2008 estimates).[12][13][14][15][16]

Link

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Stay on topic please.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

You're pathetic.
And maybe a source on your 30,000 number, if you don't mind.
I suspect you're way, way off.

From Wiki
Hunger mortality statistics

* On the average, 1 person dies every second as a result, either directly or indirectly, of hunger - 4000 every hour - 100 000 each day - 36 million each year - 58 % of all deaths (2001-2004 estimates).[9][10][11]
* On the average, 1 child dies every 5 seconds as a result, either directly or indirectly, of hunger - 700 every hour - 16 000 each day - 6 million each year - 60% of all child deaths (2002-2008 estimates).[12][13][14][15][16]

Link

And if i would of said those stats, i would of reallylooked crazy,so i gave it the lowest of all numbers so it could atleast be in there rang of understanding.danm!i can't win for losing,but OK,I WAS OFF BY WHAT.. 100,some thousand.YOU WIN,so be it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I think this describes most of us on ATS....
edit on 11/29/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am always amazed why incidents of this nature can by any stretch of the imagination, be considered " Alternative ' Breaking News ?

The MSM will give more then ample attention to every single gory detail.

Perhaps I need to reread the ATS definition of " Alternative "

Breaking Alternative News (or think of it as Breaking Conspiracy News):

"This form is for the submission of conspiracy themed or other "alternative topic" news and breaking current events that fit within the topical themes of AboveTopSecret.com." The forum also carries this description at the top of each thread: "Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals."

In other words this is for news that has a clear (i.e. not contrived) conspiracy angle. 'Ron Paul's campaign is being ignored by the mainstream meda!' belongs in this forum. 'Ron Paul raised some money' or 'Ron Paul lost again' belongs on the politics board.

We have also been lax in allowing major worldwide events of a non-conspiracy nature to exists on this forum. As always this is a judgement call by the staff. Don't be surprised when such a story gets moved to another news forum when it is no longer "breaking".

So will someone please explain this to me. Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join