It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Archaeologist Admits That Pyramids Contain UFO Technology

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It lost credibility when the author started a sentence with 'hehe makes ya wonder'

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

well after re-reading my post, you were correct on calling me out, i didnt get my whole thought explained as well as i should have. No i do beleive that there should be tangible evidence provided to back up his claim, (assuming he admits to actualy saying it), what i was trying to get at is some (not all) debunkers want you to take them or there source as gospel without any proof of the validation of there point. Yet when and if a "credible" source was to come forward with claims such as these they would be all over it demanding proof, or trying to discredit the speaker as being crazy.

my previous post was supposed to be an exclemation of the hypocrisy that is shown by some when looking for the truth.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

ps. sorry for the poorly thought out previous post my bad.... lol

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

Edgar Cayce made some profound statements and predictions. There is no question about whether Cayce had unique mental abilities. You're right, Cayce isn't the only source of information suggesting 10,500bc, and the other sources are evidence that Cayce did have access to real information.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KrisFromGenk

If anyone is interested there is an ongoing thread that explains the Great Pyramid in detail.

It would be great to see some more input/opinions in regards to factual data.

abovetopsecret.com...

I do not think that the pyramid contains UFO technology, but instead, is a technological device.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I thought this would be an interesting addition. It is not an independent source, but contains a number of details about the conference as compiled by Alexander Light including the program for the conference and some other information that is of interest to anybody following this topic.

Apologies if it has been linked in a previous post.

humansarefree.blogspot.com...

-rrr

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No time to read all first someone has probably mentioned already, they sent the robot into the pyramid shafts in mid May this year and they have never told us what they found. Personaly i believe they had already sent one in prior to this it has been so many years since the exploration began.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan
Harte,
I am curious as to why you didn't make mention of the other texts (Verbatim) the poster commented about. Did you try to divert attention from it by calling out a mistake (if it is) with regards to the other text mentioned? Or is it that you don't know anything about this particular text? I ask because I'm curious as to if he/she might have made a valid point but was minimized by what you evidently think is a glaring error.

Have you looked it up?

Why do I have to do everything?

Why would i research it? I've not heard of very many of even the seminal works in Egyptology. I looked up and found what I found on the first one. That was good enough for me. Not for you?

Funny though. I would think to stop looking after that first farce "Hitat." I mean, who would use a reference like that in the same sentence with another reference that was even worth looking into?

Like:
"According to the Oxford English Dictionary review board, usage of the slang term "cool" has been in decline over the past decade or so. A quick check of the childrens' book 'Pat the Bunny' confirms this."

LOL

I am new here and this my first post. I noticed two members here right away when reading this thread (Harte & rrr). rrr I enjoyed some of your comments and wanted to reply but do not yet know how to navigate here at ATS.

You'll find a lot more of me in the Ancient Civilizations section. They mostly post this pyramid garbage over here in the UFO section these days. See, some of the folks over in the Ancient Civ section would have them for lunch if they tried a thread like this in that section.

Let me say here Caycefan, I am no fan of Cayce. I consider him a fraud. After all, he was a convicted fraud.

Some others posting here have mentioned that the Pyramids align with Orion's belt and that the Sphinx face the constellation Leo rising directly from the east at the time of 10,500bc.

Except, the pyramids are backwards for this alignment. You have to invert the constellation to get them anything near alignment, and even then it's not that well aligned.

Also, some suggest the the erosion of the Sphinx was caused by heavy rain fall which was last present circa 10,500bc.

Discussed here ad nauseum. Try searching with the term Schoch.

Furthermore, Edgar Cayce gave a reading in the early 1900's stating that the pyramids were built in 10,500bc, he also stated the the Nile use to empty into the Atlantic (opposite direction) and that there is a hollow chamber under the paw of the Sphinx that contains the "Hall of records". I believe it was confirmed back in the 80's that the Nile did indeed at one time empty into the Atlantic & also a hollow chamber under the Sphinx exists.

The entire Sahara was once a lush chain of lakes as well, but long before the pyramids were built. There is simply no doubt of this, as I've recently explained in this section (don't remember if it was this thread.) Of course, I and a thousand others have explained this at least ten times each all over this forum in the past. Search term: relieving chamber.

Also, the earliest record we have of any constellation is from Sumer, not Egypt, where the constellation we know as "Leo" was called the "big dog."

Any thing that faces east near the latitude of 30 degrees will be in direct alignment with every one of the twelve zodiac signs once every precessional period. They always pick Leo because the sphinx is part lion. But the Egyptians had no zodiac until the Greeks gave them theirs (along with taking them over) around 300 BC. We have evidence of humans living in the nile valley that dates back to cayce's predicted time and before. These folks were primitive nomads. There's just no doubt.

Predictions such as these in my opinion lend credibility to Cayce.

During the same sessions, he predicted that California would have slid off the North American Plate by now, that China would be a Christian nation by 1960, and several other non-publicized predictions that are famously stupid in hindsight.

The ARE doesn't talk about these all that much, do they?

Harte

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Harte

Now, read this "again and again until it sinks in:"

The book "Hitat" was written bythe Arab religious teacher Muhammad al-Makrizi in the 15th Century AD

Repeat as necessary.

Harte

Lol, you are really funny. I hope things don't change when it comes to egyptology. God knows what can happen to you, an heart attack or a brain aneurysm.

S'ok, Telos.

Hope there's no cave-in in your world! LOL

Harte

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't quote properly so I edited by underlining HARTE's text for better readability.

Originally posted by Harte

Harte,
I am curious as to why you didn't make mention of the other texts (Verbatim) the poster commented about. Did you try to divert attention from it by calling out a mistake (if it is) with regards to the other text mentioned? Or is it that you don't know anything about this particular text? I ask because I'm curious as to if he/she might have made a valid point but was minimized by what you evidently think is a glaring error.

Have you looked it up?

Why do I have to do everything? Why would i research it? I've not heard of very many of even the seminal works in Egyptology. I looked up and found what I found on the first one. That was good enough for me. Not for you?

My mistake. I assumed you are here to contribute and expect people to have questions to your posts. Why else would you be replying to posts in this thread? (that is rhetorical)

Funny though. I would think to stop looking after that first farce "Hitat." I mean, who would use a reference like that in the same sentence with another reference that was even worth looking into?

Even more funny..why waste your time here? (again rhetorical)

Like: "According to the Oxford English Dictionary review board, usage of the slang term "cool" has been in decline over the past decade or so. A quick check of the childrens' book 'Pat the Bunny' confirms this." LOL

Ummmm whats your point? Is it that the usage of the word "cool" is not as common as it once was? Who cares? (once again, rhetorical)

I am new here and this my first post. I noticed two members here right away when reading this thread (Harte & rrr). rrr I enjoyed some of your comments and wanted to reply but do not yet know how to navigate here at ATS.

You'll find a lot more of me in the Ancient Civilizations section.

I think maybe you misunderstood my intent on this comment.

They mostly post this pyramid garbage over here in the UFO section these days. See, some of the folks over in the Ancient Civ section would have them for lunch if they tried a thread like this in that section.

Do you normally come here to read "garbage"?? (Rhetorical)

Let me say here Caycefan, I am no fan of Cayce. I consider him a fraud. After all, he was a convicted fraud.

Was he? What was his crime? What was his sentence? Did he serve time? Where did he serve time? What is your source? (These are not rhetorical but based on your decision to not answer my first question regarding "Verbatim" I don't expect anything more than a smart elic reply)

Some others posting here have mentioned that the Pyramids align with Orion's belt and that the Sphinx face the constellation Leo rising directly from the east at the time of 10,500bc.

Except, the pyramids are backwards for this alignment. You have to invert the constellation to get them anything near alignment, and even then it's not that well aligned.

From the illustrations I have seen they seem well aligned. But I'm not really looking to debate the validity of such illustrations.

Also, some suggest the the erosion of the Sphinx was caused by heavy rain fall which was last present circa 10,500bc.

Discussed here ad nauseum. Try searching with the term Schoch.

To use your words....Why would I research it? (you guessed it....rhetorical)

Furthermore, Edgar Cayce gave a reading in the early 1900's stating that the pyramids were built in 10,500bc, he also stated the the Nile use to empty into the Atlantic (opposite direction) and that there is a hollow chamber under the paw of the Sphinx that contains the "Hall of records". I believe it was confirmed back in the 80's that the Nile did indeed at one time empty into the Atlantic & also a hollow chamber under the Sphinx exists.

The entire Sahara was once a lush chain of lakes as well, but long before the pyramids were built. There is simply no doubt of this, as I've recently explained in this section (don't remember if it was this thread.) Of course, I and a thousand others have explained this at least ten times each all over this forum in the past. Search term: relieving chamber.

I don't see your point. My reasoning for mentioning it is that it seemed like an off the wall prediction to be making in the early 1900's. Whats most impressive is that it turns out it's true.

Also, the earliest record we have of any constellation is from Sumer, not Egypt, where the constellation we know as "Leo" was called the "big dog."

Ruff ruff!

Any thing that faces east near the latitude of 30 degrees will be in direct alignment with every one of the twelve zodiac signs once every precessional period. They always pick Leo because the sphinx is part lion. But the Egyptians had no zodiac until the Greeks gave them theirs (along with taking them over) around 300 BC. We have evidence of humans living in the nile valley that dates back to cayce's predicted time and before. These folks were primitive nomads. There's just no doubt

I admit this may be a point that warrants further consideration.

Predictions such as these in my opinion lend credibility to Cayce.

During the same sessions, he predicted that California would have slid off the North American Plate by now, that China would be a Christian nation by 1960, and several other non-publicized predictions that are famously stupid in hindsight.

He actually said that China would become the "Cradle of Christianity" and depending how you interpret this it could very well come to pass. There are several examples of predictions that seemed "famously stupid in hindsight" that are now known to be fact, making him look famously brilliant. I mentioned a few already, another is that the earths poles would shift.

The ARE doesn't talk about these all that much, do they?

Though I believe this to be a rhetorical question of your own I'll answer it anyway....I am not a member of ARE so i wouldn't know. I am familiar of what ARE is and how it was founded but dont particularly think their mission is the same as Cayce's.

CayceFan
edit on 1-12-2010 by CayceFan because: Didnt post quote properly

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Excuse me, but I did not state that AS fact. It is an OPINION. In fact, I think it is just selfish to believe that the ancient Egyptians were "helped" by otherworldly entities. They were a great civilization with immense understanding and knowledge. They reigned for thousands of years. They didn't need "help" to build their pyramids. Egyptians were great at what they did, and when there is a goal to accomplish, especially under a Pharaoh, I imagine it would get done and get done efficiently, no matter the sacrifices.

Modern research has shown that as little as eight to twelve mencould of actually pulled a 2.5 ton block over an even, lubricated -by water- surface, and twenty men could have drug such a block up a lubricated gradient from the quarries to the great pyramid iin as little as 30 minutes.

If people would just research and get some knowledge on the whole subject, maybe there would be lesser speculation on how the pyramids were actually built. It's not very hard to understand.

And, I didn't "time" my post. I don't even know the number of post's per page. Isn't that jumping to conclusions, just a little bit?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by crimsongod21

I actually feel sad for this poor guy. There seems to be a high probability that this is a hoax from the sources it is coming from...and this guy will now be harrased by people randomly calling at his place of employment and at his home, people sending email after email asking him about this, and trying to track him down. And this will now be forever attached to his name on the internet whether it is true or not.

That is why I was suggesting for people to contact the writers of the articles. Email them, call them, harrass them...they are the ones responsible for putting this information out there. Leave the poor guy alone until you can get confirmation that there is any credibility at all to this story, he may be a victim of a hoax.

And for what...what does all this harrassment of this guy get anyone??? All because there are some people so desperate for soemthing like this to be true that they will invade this mans personal life in hopes that maybe their life will become a little more interesting.
edit on 30-11-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Very well said. As if this poor professor will waste his time speaking/conversing with some loons on a conspiracy forum...

Some people really need to reassess and re-evaluate their lives, and find more rewarding hobbies to take up. Building bird feeders is surely more constructive than hassling a respected academic over an obviously bogus article...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
First, I apologize for not getting a second detailed recap on the remaining pages. I've been in meetings all day, and have another to attend in a bit, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. But if everyone is still interested in having me compile the rest of the information, I'll still do the work.

And thanks a bunch to Mblahnikluver! I'd want you on my team any day, no matter if we ended up at a dead end or not.
We should start an investigative team and tackle stuff like this in the future! Thanks for making the phone calls. I would have offered myself, but I don't live in the U.S., and foreign calls from where I live are outrageous. I really appreciate what you've done, since emails have gotten us nowhere...yet. I'll be checking my inbox again in a bit, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, just to get things back on track....this thread was NOT about "who" constructed the pyramids. I've seen some pretty slanderous posts regarding that, and that's not what this is about. This is about a Doctor (who exists), who was a conference (which actually took place), and was quoted as allegedly stating that the pyramids contain UFO technology. The quote is what we're trying to prove or disprove, even though the source came from a known hoaxer. Because all the other items have been proven, the hope is there that this questioning did take place....two out of three ain't bad!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, and I would probably argue that many sources that are generally considered as "reputable" or "credible" are so because of their higher journalistic standards. Although, imho, even the big players in journalism have lowered their standards considerably over the past few decades, so I can understand why it would be frustrating to see people taking claims as gospel just because they're made through certain channels.

But, in this case, if you go back and read the original article, it wouldn't even have passed a Jr. High School journalism class -- no sources at all, many necessary details missing, etc. Awful! There's a reason the site is banned on ATS.

While your general point stands, I don't think it holds water in this case, y'know?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

No apologies necessary, at least not as far as I'm concerned. Your first recap was incredibly exhaustive, and not much new information has surfaced since it was posted.

And I'd second the request to be able to pin recaps to the top of posts/pages. Can you imagine how much easier it'd be to browse lengthy threads as a newcomer?

Where can we make that an official request?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
reply to post by The Shrike

The pyramids were built using human labor and simple but effective tools which can be seen in museums. They toiled and troubled and sweated their buns off and some died perfoming their duties. And yet some buffoon makes outlandish claims and everyone buys it. Give credit where it's due, in the sweat and tears and blood of simple humans who would laugh at you believers.

This argument can go both ways. I would argue that the burden of proof should lay on ANYONE making a statement, regardless if it suites your tastes or someone else's. There is evidence to support all sorts of things that aren't displayed in museums. A family member of mine use to work for the Smithsonian....oh, the things they have in their vaults!! You'll never see those things on display! But this isn't a museum of natural history forum, it's a conspiracy forum, where people try to uncover deeper secrets. If the man is who the article says he is, I hardly think him a buffoon. And to "buy" anything these days is simply free choice, because nothing can be irrefutably proven unless you were personally there. We're all relying on someone else to provide the proof, and it's a matter of simply accepting or not accepting if they are "reputable" enough to believe. If this is a cover-up by the Egyptian government, I hardly think that the the evidence would be sitting in the museums for all to see.

What you say has some validity. But the bottom line is that, so far, this is an article of faith. It is easier for me to accept that everything built on planet earth was built by humans. We have our written history to fall back on. I know that written history can be altered using Josephus as an example. What he is credited in writing about Jesus can be seen to be alterations. But a lot of people put a lot of store in those alterations. However, there is no way that I can accept anything but human labor for the pyramids and everything else. That is, if in the years that I have left evidence is provided that has to make me change my opinion. I doubt that it will happen and I'll die a happy skeptic/atheist/debunker.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Egyptians, modern technology in an ancient world. Nothing new, just look at the Baghdad battery.
Its the same in all civilisations, the Aztecs, the Dogon of Africa, they all speak of interplanetry travallers who leave knowledge especially in the form of pyramids.

edit on 2-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
When I was in Luxor recently, I asked a tour guide about the Alien side of things when we were in the Valley Of The Kings. He showed me some very aircraft / flying like pictures in some of the tombs.

Abydos? Those are leftovers of one Pharao overwriting inscriptions of another Pharao. Something like that is called Palimpsest.

Explanation of Palimpsest: en.wikipedia.org...

Both sides view of the Abydos Palimpsest: dreamingtraveler.com...

So much of the stuff Daeniken and others claim sounds great and then... it is not. Just like some are first to shout "debunked" or "hoax", some are last to accept facts. Both is wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EarlGray

In your opinion. Others have a different opinion. There are real problems with the palimpsest theory in this case, as the page you linked to hinted at. Therefore, you can't expect everyone to accept this idea as "fact". It's not.

PS. The Valley of the Kings is not the same as Abydos, they are different locations although not that far from each other.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
First, I apologize for not getting a second detailed recap on the remaining pages. I've been in meetings all day, and have another to attend in a bit, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. But if everyone is still interested in having me compile the rest of the information, I'll still do the work.

The idea of doing a recap was a suggestion. Don't take it as a necessity. I never hear regulars on ATS complain about having to actually read the thread before they make a comment. If your interested in a topic, you read the thread. You don't ask others to do it for you, and tell you what it says. I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just saying it's not necessary.

Back on topic, though. I see you haven't heard anything from the good doctor, either. I suspect you guys won't. There seems to be more and more of these fake articles being placed in easy to find places, with just enough truth in them to get the reader to buy into the rest. Kind of like the MSM. At least ATS has enough scoffers and believers, that it usually comes out pretty balanced in the end.

Guess we'll see on this one.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wintercrow

Wintercrow, The topic here is not whether or not the pyramids were built by aliens. To paint me as a believer of some sort of theory on who built the pyramids is also known as the "strawman argument", not to mention is off topic.

I am not the one who created a brand new account and catchy avatar just to make a one line post labeling it a hoax with nothing to back it up. Those are not "conclusions" they are merely observations.

-rrr

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join