It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Archaeologist Admits That Pyramids Contain UFO Technology

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
OP, did this Egyptian archaeologist "admit" this or "proclaim" it? An admission required foreknowledge (and physical proof). Best I can tell, this is nothing but opinion, conjecture and the like. I must ask, as a scientifically minded individual, where is the proof to back this claim up?

As others have already stated, this source is questionable, at best. So, for the source to make an extraordinary claim most certainly requires proof of the same extraordinary level.

Regarding the source....what's the name of his upcoming book?

edit on 30-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
YouTube Links

Tomb of Osris

www.youtube.com...

The mysterious blue stone sarcophogus

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Really makes you wonder...if time travel were possible and mankind had the technology...how long until some egomaniac decides that he wants an entire religion devoted to him? Carl Sagan said it best, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ...think about it...if I took a bic lighter, ipod touch, laptop computer, etc., don't you think that they would worship me as a god? and then...one of my buddies decides he is going to go back in time and do some more "magic tricks" and become another god, and so on...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
OP, did this Egyptian archaeologist "admit" this or "proclaim" it? An admission required foreknowledge (and physical proof). Best I can tell, this is nothing but opinion, conjecture and the like. I must ask, as a scientifically minded individual, where is the proof to back this claim up?

As others have already stated, this source is questionable, at best. So, for the source to make an extraordinary claim most certainly requires proof of the same extraordinary level.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

As far as the claims, they are indeed extraordinary. I think we'd all love to find out what, if anything, supports them. Some are actually trying to find out.

I never heard of any book, nor do I see the relevance to the subject at hand.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I have no books on egyptology ...
I just find the secerecy behind the tomb intriguing ...

My web
www.authorrobertwakefield.com

If you wanna check its not self promotion...

I am honestly looking for anwsers to this mystery myself ..

Cheers
Rob

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
As far as the claims, they are indeed extraordinary. I think we'd all love to find out what, if anything, supports them. Some are actually trying to find out.

-rrr

Certainly any credible source, on such a topic, would not make the claim w/o evidence to back it up at the time they made the claim.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Cairo University facebook page even has the story!
www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I found this to be of significant interest

The First International Conference on Ancient Egyptian Science
April 24 - 26, 2010
Source-
This is the first international conference of "Ancient" Egyptian science. The fact that they are studying the science of the ancient Egyptians is intriguing I think.
But it gets better!

12:30-02:30 Session II: Astronomy
Chairman: Dr. Alaa Shahein & Dr. Magdi Abd el Wahab

Here we have astronomers speaking at a conference to archeologists that is about ancient Egypt. I understand that there is very likely a astronomical connection with these ancient structures and it is nice to see that the experts in this field not only seem to agree but are talking about it at international conferences.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxiTzYoMasterxX
The Cairo University facebook page even has the story!
www.facebook.com...

And once again...no it doesn't.

Those aren't articles posted by Cairo University...just people linking to their page.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

bye bye..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

-rrr

Certainly any credible source, on such a topic, would not make the claim w/o evidence to back it up at the time they made the claim.

Nonetheless, the veracity of the statement is what matters, not the credibility of the source. A source with low credibility may make true or false statements. But if it makes statements naming names, then we have an opportunity to independently confirm or deny. So we can leverage this fantastic opportunity to verify by other means, not jump to conclusions based on your opinion of the source.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is something i have been thinking about through out the day and well i just find it very interesting and thought i would get your thoughts on it....

The source of this article is in question as is the author i get that and thats what makes this so intriguing to me, why if they were making this up why would you use the name of a real person that is some what readily contactable? Most of the hoax threads and or articles i have ever read who list an outside source who is either a complete fabrication or dead and unable to be contacted for obvious reasons.

so why if you were trying to pull the wool over there collective readers eyes would they do this?

i would like every ones opinion on this so please feel free to respond as you see fit

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this univers.

ps. please ignore any spelling or typographical mistakes
edit on 30-11-2010 by crimsongod21 because: fix a confusing spelling mistake.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can't find anything to substantiate this. The original seems to be from a person named Cohen at All News Web. Never heard of it.

In the original link the author Ray Alex who added to Cohen's words without giving credit for the first part by Cohen bothers me. Somebody plagiarized from somebody here. Also on the Ray Alex article he uses a well know bad image of wheat in a jar and presents it as an Alien. I hate people who do that, in particular a image as well known as that one. In a clear photo it's obvious it is wheat and clear photo's exist all over the place.

Can't find anything on either person mentioned in the article. Can't find a way to even figure out if they exist.

I'd say this has zero credibility as it is, unless somebody can come up with proof the Conference ever happened or a transcript. I can find neither. You would think a conference of that nature would have a write up somewhere in the news.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Credible people don't post statements of fact in articles without citation. These are not credible sources by any stretch of the imagination.

The sad part is people will be accepting this as fact and carry that into other conversations for years.
edit on 11/30/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

like i said at the top of my post the author and web page upon wich this article has been found is suspect. Im more questioning the thought process if this is a hoax of using a real living person.

im not debating if this is a hoax or not, i will wait untill the phone call is made to the good Dr tomorrow to pass judgment on that. assuming anything is gained from the phone call.

as some one stated before either this is a hoax or they are terrible terrible journalist, or possibly both we shall soon see, i hope.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Aliens with technology appear and yet slaves haul rocks!. Re-read that last sentence a few times and then come back

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I really wouldn't be too optimistic about people getting in contact with him. People have already been calling him, the university, his home, looking for his address (seeing this on other forums). And so far no contact.

I actually feel sad for this poor guy. There seems to be a high probability that this is a hoax from the sources it is coming from...and this guy will now be harrased by people randomly calling at his place of employment and at his home, people sending email after email asking him about this, and trying to track him down. And this will now be forever attached to his name on the internet whether it is true or not.

That is why I was suggesting for people to contact the writers of the articles. Email them, call them, harrass them...they are the ones responsible for putting this information out there. Leave the poor guy alone until you can get confirmation that there is any credibility at all to this story, he may be a victim of a hoax.

And for what...what does all this harrassment of this guy get anyone??? All because there are some people so desperate for soemthing like this to be true that they will invade this mans personal life in hopes that maybe their life will become a little more interesting.
edit on 30-11-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have emailed the person who supposedly asked the question of Prof Shaheen/Shahein so hopefully there will be a decisive "yes I asked, no I did not ask, I was not there, its BS, I have no comment, I have further info on it, go to Hell, how's the weather your way'. Or maybe he wont reply at all.

Hopefully then we can all put this to rest as this thread has deteriorated into a wee bit of a slanging match!

I have to say again tho;, personally I think its a hoax, wish I didnt think that way but there ya go!

ETA UPDATE:

Email returned. End of story for me anyways.

edit on 30-11-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

All because there are some people so desperate for soemthing like this to be true that they will invade this mans personal life in hopes that maybe their life will become a little more interesting.
edit on 30-11-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

No sir... all because if it's true, and this is not a hoax, it will be the biggest announcement and "discovery" in recorded human history. I think that's reason enough to bother him for a few minutes of his precious time.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

No sir... all because if it's true, and this is not a hoax, it will be the biggest announcement and "discovery" in recorded human history. I think that's reason enough to bother him for a few minutes of his precious time

Like I said...people are desperate to believe in something.

To the point of having no respect for a mans privacy...he didn't post this on his blog...he didn't make an announcement....some blogger stuck his name in his blog.

It's nice to see that people have no concern for other people as long as they see a benefit to themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join