It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Jupiter May Haunt Edge of Solar System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Dark Jupiter May Haunt Edge of Solar System

www.wired.com

A century of comet data suggests a dark, Jupiter-sized object is lurking at the solar system’s outer edge and hurling chunks of ice and dust toward Earth.

“We’ve accumulated 10 years more data, double the comets we viewed to test this hypothesis,” said planetary scientist John Matese of the University of Louisiana. “Only now should we be able to falsify or verify that you could have a Jupiter-mass object out there.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee3b2c4662b2.png[/atsimg]

edit on 29-11-2010 by Jason88 because: change pic

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"This idea was a reaction to an earlier notion that a dim brown dwarf or red dwarf star, ominously dubbed Nemesis, has pummeled the Earth with deadly comet showers every 30 million years or so. Later research suggested that mass extinctions on Earth don’t line up with Nemesis’s predictions, so many astronomers now think the object doesn’t exist."

Could this be Nibiru? Or is Nemesis just that, the planet that will reign havoc on us? What is a dark planet, a celestial body with no starlight? So many question here.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

That's a very good question. Perhaps there are 5 - 10 more celestial objects between the oort cloud and Pluto (and yes I still consider Pluto a planet).

As for this dark object being Planet X... Maybe. I'd be interested to see what this object's surface looks after kicking so many iced objects. Plus, I would like to know if they have projected its orbit.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

In a new analysis of observations dating back to 1898, Matese and Whitmire confirm their original idea: About 20 percent of the comets visible from Earth were sent by a dark, distant planet.

Well that rules out Niburu doesn't it? Or maybe we'll change the rules again so it speeds up to make the 2-year deadline. Or maybe we'll just pretend we had the dates wrong so it can hit another day eh?

Would be interesting to see what WISE has to say when it collects data anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
this is what Boriska - the indigo boy from Mars said

"...We had a special project studying the creation of a second sun in our solar system. And that second sun was supposed to be Jupiter. But so much physical mass was required for this that there wasn’t enough in the whole solar system. So the project never succeeded.”

www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I recall in 1977 some Canbridge scientists mathematically calculated the existence of such a planet by studying the peturbations of Pluto's orbit. They named this unseen giant Poseidon.

Given these calculations exist surely one could take these and more recent calculations to predict where in orbit the body can be located. Evidence of lensing distant stars could prove the planet's existence even if it does not reflect light.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is another attempt to slowly aleart the public to the comming events to either a rouge planet or massive solar flares. Or it could just be the usuall hipe to keep us in a state of fear. The nice thing about the theory of Nibiru is we will know for sure here real soon.....kinda hard to hide a planet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I remember seeing some images NASA immediately jerked off their site of an object they named Lumi 219 or 229 something like that just wondering if anyone has photo's of this saved somewhere. it was around Feb. or Mar. 2010.
It looked like a planet.
edit on 29-11-2010 by thegreatwolf because: I forgot to add a statement

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
very interesting i cant wait to hear some more info on this, and i wish i could i have read about the mars kid talking about seeding another sun or whatever sounds... um interesting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

maybe im just crazy but in that image on your op i think there missing a planet, namely uranus, but then again maybe im just not seeing it. please tell me im not crazy please lol.

as well is obvious the first two planets mercury and venus but thats not as weird as them just skipping uranus right in the middle of the line of planets
edit on 29-11-2010 by crimsongod21 because: add content

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Good thing they got rid of that pesky Pluto! Now we have room!

Psssst, Nibiru exists. Like it or not, we are not alone in the solar system let alone the Universe.
Sorry, I didn't make it up. Just passing it about.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by Jason88

maybe im just crazy but in that image on your op i think there missing a planet, namely uranus, but then again maybe im just not seeing it. please tell me im not crazy please lol.

as well is obvious the first two planets mercury and venus but thats not as weird as them just skipping uranus right in the middle of the line of planets
edit on 29-11-2010 by crimsongod21 because: add content
Ahhh, yeah,
I dont see Uranus either.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

HA! Good catch. The artist forgot Uranus, the 7th planet from the sun.

I don't know what to think, everyday it seems something new in space science is being unveiled to the public - could this massive planet (if it exists) affect us in other ways besides hurling comets our way (which sounds bad enough)? This stuff is amazing - we know nothing about space.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

i would like to see the hard facts you have on nibiru exist, im not saying it doesnt i just havent seen any hard proof as of yet i would love to see it if you have some.

also Lil Drummerboy

im glad to see im not crazy, well or at least that if i am crazy so is some one else, and you know these days who can really tell jk.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

that is one thing i think every one can agree on, we know basicly next to nothing about whats really out there. it seems like every day we hear about something new in our near to slightly distant "space". i can only imagine whats all out there we have no clue about yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Just noticed Mercury is missing too. What the heck!? That is a NASA credited image on the Wired.com website. Are we missing some reason to leave these planets out?

It's like earthlings are on house arrest and we can only travel to the backyard, and see some of the neighbor's yards with our telescopes... it's such a limited view of outer space.

There is something very ominous about this dark planet. I'm trying wrap my mind around it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

HA! Good catch. The artist forgot Uranus, the 7th planet from the sun.

I don't know what to think, everyday it seems something new in space science is being unveiled to the public - could this massive planet (if it exists) affect us in other ways besides hurling comets our way (which sounds bad enough)? This stuff is amazing - we know nothing about space.

Mercury, Venus, Uranus are left out yet Pluto is included? And they wonder why there's a conspiracy craze among the minion!

My proof for Nibiru (someone asked)?
Sorry. I have none.

I no longer rely on others to teach me. I am a disgruntled (and drop out) student of Humanity so......I now learn myself opposed to being taught by others.
So I have no tangible proof. You'll just have to wait and see. That's the best I can do for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
A great, well made video about our sun being part of a binary system. This explains the procession of the equinox.
The Great Year

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Seriously, I re-read the article and unless I'm blind (could be) I have no idea why a NASA employed artist would leave out three planets. So odd, especially as the rest has so much detail.

I'm on the fence regarding Nibiru, I hope it doesn't exist because, well, I don't want Earth destroyed. But then again, if that's where extraterrestrials live, then I'd love to know.

The ever reliable Wikipedia

The work of Zecharia Sitchin has garnered much attention among ufologists, ancient astronaut theorists and conspiracy theorists. He claimed to have uncovered, through his retranslations of Sumerian texts, evidence that the human race was visited by a group of extraterrestrials from a distant planet in our own Solar System. Part of his theory lay in an astronomical interpretation of the Babylonian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, in which he replaced the names of gods with hypothetical planets. However, since the principal evidence for Sitchin's claims lay in his own personally derived etymologies and not on any scholarly agreed interpretations, his theories remain at most pseudoscience to the majority of academics.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Jason88 because: engrish

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

Thanks for the video! At 46 minutes I'll watch it before bed in a few hours if my girlfriend doesn't freak out on me with all my "crazy" conspiracy theories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join