It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Dump North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
This just seems to be another in the long line of attacks these two have had over the years, could it get worse, could it spiral out of control, yes. N. Korea is walking a fine line, not so much with us and the ROK, but with China, China has so many economic ties now with the South it is thier best interest to have the South not the North exist. Chinas leaders recognise this, the times have changed, china isnt the closed door sociaty it was, now its a world leader, with economic ties globaley and regionaly that far superseed the relationship it has with the North. The relationship of China and the PRK is now more of a destitute homeless drunk with delusions of grander begging for handouts from the owner of the neighborhood. China doesnt fear capitalism the way it used to, now that they engage in it so well, they have nothing to fear from anything involving the ROK, and they know it, they probably fear PRK worse now, they could interfear with buisness with thier little games. Watch China, the reaction might come from them, no not military, but i have to think they are getting sick of the games the PRK is playing with their trading partner ROK. Just my thought on this.

For those who dont know
ROK= Republic of Korea aka The South
PRK= Peoples Republic of Korea aka The North

I just wanted to post this, this was in responce to the shelling by the PRK on the ROK last week, in a new world, the old ways just dont work anymore and the Chinese know this. Now with this new tidbit if I were in Pyongyang i would be very worried, the Green Light has been givin to anialation of the PRK, they dont fear S.Korea they would welcome having a united Korea under Capitlistic principals, remember its 2010 not 1950. Mark my words, the green light has been givin, the method just hasnt been decided, but i would put money on the HEAVY influance of China, if not actual military intervention on behalf of ROK or unilateraly, Mark My Words.

Beijing 'Ready To Abandon North Korea'
Share4 Share Comments11:08pm UK, Monday November 29, 2010

Katie Cassidy, Sky News Online

China is ready to distance itself from North Korea and accept reunification with the South, according to more leaked diplomatic documents.

Amid the cables obtained by WikiLeaks are details about Beijing's frustration with its Communist neighbour.

The Guardian, which is one of the newspapers given direct access to the leaked information, reports senior Chinese officials regard Pyongyang as a "spoiled child".

One senior Chinese diplomat is said to have told an American ambassador that younger generation Communist party leaders no longer regarded North Korea as a useful or reliable ally.

Furthermore, Beijing anticipates the regime will collapse after the death of current leader Kim Jong-Il.

Sky's security editor Sam Kiley said the revelation was sensational.

It is an enormous shift from China's public position, which has supported North Korea, to their private position in talks with American officials.

Sky security editor Sam Kiley
"Up until now WikiLeaks has told us things we could assume - but this is explosive," he said.

"This is Chinese officials talking to American diplomats, describing North Korea - a close ally that the Chinese have been supporting for decades and supported in a war with the UN - as a 'spoilt child'.

"They also refer to North Korea's nuclear capability as potentially destabilising to world peace.

"This effectively puts the Chinese very much in the American camp in terms of their analysis, at least.

"It is an enormous shift from China's public position, which has supported North Korea, to their private position in talks with American officials."

Kim Jong-Il was said to have visited China in May

Tensions between the two Koreas ran high last week when the North launched a missile barrage against the South island of Yeonpyeong.

The paper has also published claims about Prince Andrew's "rude behaviour" during a trade mission in Kyrgyzstan.

He is said to have launched an expletive-laden attack against British anti-corruption investigators and journalists for getting in the way of lucrative trade deals.

The latest revelations come after Hillary Clinton said the US "strongly condemns the illegal disclosure of classified information".

She said the release of the secret diplomatic cables was an "attack on the international community".

(i cant get the link to work correctly, sorry, Skynews.com the story title is Beijing ready to abandon N. Korea)

news.sky.com... /Article/201011415841037?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15841037_China-North_Korea_Relations%3A_Beijing_Ready_To_Abandon_Spoiled_Child_ Pyongyang%2C_Says_Guardian

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
fixed link

Last week, I posted my opinion that China wasn't going to support NK while NK ignores the "six-party-talks."

Off to read the link page.

edit on (11/29/1010 by loveguy because: Edit errors

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't know about any green light, but it sure would quiet Kimmy down if his buddies told him to go away and kick rocks in the corner. Having no alternative, he would have to sit down and shut the F up, or risk being consumed by very hot flames. given those choices, I think even an idiot would stop the smack talking.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Great thread
. Here's a link to the sky news article.

This is big news. North Korea is most definitely at a crossroads now and it's interesting to see whether or not they will put the gun down or go out all guns blazing.

Furthermore, Beijing anticipates the regime will collapse after the death of current leader Kim Jong-Il.

Would Kimmy really just go out with a poof?
Anyway, one who knows China's economic relationship with the U.S will know that this news isn't surprising. Another hit for wikileaks I guess, they seem to be fast-forwarding geopolitical events with these releases.

edit on 29-11-2010 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join