It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspired by tea party success, Latinos float ‘Tequila Party’ grass-roots movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Latino leaders in Nevada and around the country are floating the idea of breaking traditional ties with the Democratic Party and creating a grass-roots independent movement tentatively called the Tequila Party. According to Delen Goldberg at the Las Vegas Sun, the leaders want to pressure the Democratic Party to deliver on Latinos' priorities much in the same way the tea party has done with the GOP over the past few years.

News Source

Yes! I love being a Latino! I can't wait to sign up to meet other Hispanics like myself from California. I feel like a minority in my own country. Being mixed with many Hispanic races I love to meet other Hispanics from other countries and from America.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Remember everyone! If you want to have your tacos then supports us! God knows I know how to make the best tacos in California.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
After reading this report, it can be stated that we can only hope that the grass roots are very serious about where they stand. However, based off of the platform and seeing the past Hispanic groups, there will always be a cloud of suspicion that this is nothing more than a means to permit more illegal immigrants into the country, along with an arm of some of the more radical Hispanic political groups, that have shown that they are very racist towards everyone else. The illegal immigration issue will not get solved, until the federal government starts actually enforcing the laws of the country. That would mean, laws like the one that Arizona would be consider illegal, and at the same time Sanctuary cities would also be consider illegal as well. Any immigration laws would also have to be equal across the board, that may mean that even though they pass the reform, the Hispanic community could end up losing in the long term.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I see racism as wrong. It breaks my heart when anyone I know brings up race. of course illegal immigration is rampet! Look what is happening in Mexico. I would we be gone from all the crime around me ASAP. I could care less what I and if I have a family and friends leave behind in the gang war. My family is from all around Latin America and Latin Europe; Mexico and Cuba included. I believe Latino and Hispanic men need to reach out to others and help out.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Am I the only Latino and Hispanic person on ATS? I would like to see what my brothers and sisters think about this article.
Hispanic and Latino Americans
This is what I mean by Hispanic and Latino.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I see the words "tequilla" and "party" and I want to join right away. Do you have to be Latino? Would you accept a Native American?

Seriously, though, what does the party stand for? I'm pretty much anti-amnesty, but military service as a "path to citizenship" is something I fully support. What other issues does the Latino community face that other segments of the population not have to deal with?

Can we add "Free Willie!" to the party platform?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I wouldn't mind at all! Actually Latino and Hispanic are terms from Europe. Italy and Spain. Many of my ancestors (both male and female) married Native Americans from all over North and South America. Where do you think there are many of us?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Am I the only Latino and Hispanic person on ATS? I would like to see what my brothers and sisters think about this article.

Hey brother! You knew I was mexican because we talked about this before

I think this is a great thing for the culture, why not demonstrate some interest in governmental affairs and stand up have a voice? Good for those that stand up for what they believe!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

That's great! Nothing would be better then groups of people worked toward peace then drama and what not!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Since our people on the Western Hemisphere have been conquered/occupied by the East, it is very difficult to trace our lineage. Since I live in California and I look mexican/native american/aztec/mayan I'm going to claim "Indigenous".

By no means, should the people who originate from the East be expelled from here. I hate it when us, Mexicans, tell White people to 'go back to Europe'.... In my opinion, nobody today can make the past RIGHT. So, let us move on and work together to live peacefully like we are in Central and Southern Cali.

And as for this, Tequila Party. I hope they are better at politics then they are at picking names. Tequila Party sounds like a bad night and a big headache. Who is going to take that name seriously?

Only time will tell.

Dios con tigo

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Since our people on the Western Hemisphere have been conquered/occupied by the East, it is very difficult to trace our lineage. Since I live in California and I look mexican/native american/aztec/mayan I'm going to claim "Indigenous".

By no means, should the people who originate from the East be expelled from here. I hate it when us, Mexicans, tell White people to 'go back to Europe'.... In my opinion, nobody today can make the past RIGHT. So, let us move on and work together to live peacefully like we are in Central and Southern Cali.

And as for this, Tequila Party. I hope they are better at politics then they are at picking names. Tequila Party sounds like a bad night and a big headache. Who is going to take that name seriously?

Only time will tell.

Dios con tigo

top topics

join