It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: WikiLeaks Will Unveil Major Bank Scandal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
we want

numbers, names, scams......other than that its not worth it

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Any guess on which bank was the target?

Please let it be Goldman.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleNickels

Actually see the quotes by Assange, he states it is an American Bank.
And one that is still operating.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Actually see the quotes by Assange, he states it is an American Bank.
And one that is still operating.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it was in reply to someone asking why it was only American banks that had been targeted by WL. My links showed that banks in other countries (including Switzerland) had in previous years.

As for the upcoming load of documents, I don't know which American bank it might be about. All of them are pretty dirty these days.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I appreciate your tenacity...however he stated in his Forbes interview it was an
American Bank.

Will we?

Yes. We have one related to a bank coming up, that’s a megaleak. It’s not as big a scale as the Iraq material, but it’s either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it.

Is it a U.S. bank?

Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

One that still exists?
Yes, a big U.S. bank.

The biggest U.S. bank?

No comment.

When will it happen?

Early next year. I won’t say more.

What do you want to be the result of this release?

[Pauses] I’m not sure.

It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume.

blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I read on a thread here (I have searched in vain and cannot find it) that it is Bank of America.
Please, dear Lord, let it be true.

It will make my Christmases, and every birthday for the rest of my life, if it be true...

God Bless~

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Is this what you're looking for?

In a posting Tuesday, Forbes writer Andy Greenberg, who interviewed Assange, said he couldn't confirm that Bank of America will be the subject of the next document release. Assange also told him that WikiLeaks has "potentially damaging" information on multiple financial firms, beyond the "megaleak" in question.

Bank of America may be the biggie, but it sounds like he's got the dirt on more than just one.

This ought to be good. Like watching the nerds kick the crap out of the schoolyard bully.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I would liken it more to watching the entire homeless population
of every major city move into the estates of the Rothschilds, Rockefellers,
Vanderbilts, et. al... as well as Congress having to live on the salary of
a checker at Safeway, if it could have the stagger effect I wish it would to
Bank of America.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
More here on Bank Of America....

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said his next big target will be a "major U.S. bank." As you can imagine, risk-averse investors would like to know which major U.S. bank. The best guess so far is Bank of America. That's due to the fact that in 2009 Assange told Computer World this rather unnoticed bombshell:

At the moment, for example, we are sitting on five gigabytes from Bank of America, one of the executive’s hard drives... Now how do we present that? It’s a difficult problem. We could just dump it all into one giant Zip file, but we know for a fact that has limited impact. To have impact, it needs to be easy for people to dive in and search it and get something out of it.

______beforeitsnews/story/288/118/Why_WikiLeaks_Cant_Take_Down_Bank_of_America.html

And also the reason I am not holding my breath on this one. I still want to see it happen though.

•Assange Is Out of His Mind if He Thinks This Will Take Down a U.S. Bank, writes Bess Levin at Dealbreaker:
I don’t know if Jules is aware of this, but in America, we don’t let banks fail (sorry, Lehman), even if they want to. Take Citi– they’ve tried as hard as possible and yet, still kicking. If Tim Geithner has to place a bank on a floating piece of debris while he freezes his ass off in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean to save it, he will.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Good. That is all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
wow, and now he is on interpols most wanted list over the rape allegations.......you can take on the u.s government apparently, but dont go near the banks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

after waiting in disappointment for the first lot of leaks, i am not going to be expecting much more from these ones, everybody waits in anticipation for a scandal that would expose the injustices of the world. when more likely it will be something like how a top banker took £5 out of a charity box to pay for a taxi or that he called somebody a name in private.

i hope i am wrong. but so far this is like one of those u.f.o. threads where the poster screams "absolute proof aliens are visiting!" to then see a video of what looks like a balloon.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I think Assange has a "hard-on" for America. I believe in what hes trying to do, but the fact that he targets only merica is a little unsettling. Or. I guess, it could be all Americas fault???

MOTF!

You really have to accept the simple fact that, the USA is the most corrupt country on the Planet.

You don't get rich by being honest. And I'll bet every major Corporation has done something
Illegal in it's history. And it's the have nots that are crying foul play on the have mores.
The only thing is, once you're Identified as an Informer in any Industry, your life is over.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Actually, one trend in infosec is that American systems are the most targeted by malware, which means that once zombies are in, it's easy to sell that access to others, who in turn like manning hand it to assange

I can confirm that. Not only is tailored malware becoming more common, but the construction labs sold on the black market are generating some amazingly complex code.

As for the jab at Manning and Assange, that seems a bit disingenuous given that the topic of conversation is the upcoming US bank release.

How familiar are you with the history of whistleblowing?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I appreciate your tenacity...however he stated in his Forbes interview it was an
American Bank.

Please re-read my reply: "...in previous years..."

*sigh*

Fine. These are the other, non-American banks I was talking about: South Africa and the Competition Commission. Bank Julius Baer in Switzerland. Millennium Finance in Dubai. Kaupthing in Iceland.

It's not just the US that's in their crosshairs.

On each one, scroll down to where it says 'Source Document'.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The links you provided in your post, where are they located?
What website do they lead to?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join