It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: WikiLeaks Will Unveil Major Bank Scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Exclusive: WikiLeaks Will Unveil Major Bank Scandal

Forbes.com

First WikiLeaks spilled the guts of government. Next up: The private sector, starting with one major American bank.

In an exclusive interview earlier this month, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange told Forbes that his whistleblower site will release tens of thousands of documents from a major U.S. financial firm in early 2011. Assange wouldn’t say exactly what date, what bank, or what documents, but he compared the coming release to the emails that emerged in the Enron trial, a comprehensive look at a corporation’s bad behavior.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.forbes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Danger of WikiLeaks: Why the organization could be doing more harm than good
edit on 29-11-2010 by burntheships because: fix links

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hard to know what to say at this point...

Except to say that Wikileaks has targeted an American bank.
Of course, not an English bank, or a Swiss bank. Or an International Bank, a Bank of The Banks.

IMO, why take on one lone U.S. bank? Why not target all of them?

“You could call it the ecosystem of corruption,” Assange added. “But it’s also all the regular decision making that turns a blind eye to and supports unethical practices: the oversight that’s not done, the priorities of executives, how they think they’re fulfilling their own self-interest.”

Surely, all of the banks are corrupt.

How about taking on the IMF or the BIS then Julian?

Forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-11-2010 by burntheships because: fix links

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

IMO, why take on one lone U.S. bank?

Maybe because Bradley Manning worked there and downloaded all of their secrets and sent them to wikileaks?

edit on 29-11-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think Assange has a "hard-on" for America. I believe in what hes trying to do, but the fact that he targets only merica is a little unsettling. Or. I guess, it could be all Americas fault???

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Thats a possibility?
Or strictly sarcasm?

His own words...he seems very naive. Very...seriously, there is not a chance The Banks will reform.

Will we?

Yes. We have one related to a bank coming up, that’s a megaleak. It’s not as big a scale as the Iraq material, but it’s either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it.

Is it a U.S. bank?

Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

One that still exists?
Yes, a big U.S. bank.

The biggest U.S. bank?

No comment.

When will it happen?

Early next year. I won’t say more.

What do you want to be the result of this release?

[Pauses] I’m not sure.

It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume.

blogs.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thats a possibility?
Or strictly sarcasm?

I say those who are running the show should stick with what works, the sheeple seem willing to believe in the almighty abilities of Manning, they should pin this one on him too.

In short, yes sarcasm.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

The US is definitely an easy target, but Assange and Wikileaks suffer from one major limitation.

They cannot release what they do not have.

Funny how fast the US becomes the victim in all this. If the next whistle-blower dumps thousands of documents on them concerning another country are we going to hear about how that country is being victimized?

Or will it just be another country that got caught?

Perhaps if the US banks hadn't led the way into the financial mess that we, the rest of the world, now have to deal with people wouldn't be so fast to target thier transgressions.

edit on 29-11-2010 by [davinci] because: Content & Form

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
well i for one would welcome any whistlblower who can show the true extent of what these criminal banks have done.

maybe the u.s government hasnt got the balls too take him down but i worry that when it comes time to blow the whistle on some of the big money players....he may not be so safe.

link   
well i for one would welcome any whistlblower who can show the true extent of what these criminal banks have done.

maybe the u.s government hasnt got the balls too take him down but i worry that when it comes time to blow the whistle on some of the big money players....he may not be so safe.

link   
reply to post by burntheships

Because in order for Assange to become the Alpha male, he has to challenge the biggest gorilla in the jungle.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I was near certain, but you never know.
I just finished reading how Manning was funded by Wikileaks.

I guess Julian found a rat in the Finance Industry somewhere....

Any guess on which bank was the target?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This is another interesting turn of events.

I think I might stop speculating on WL for a while and just wait and see... I keep changing my thoughts on it.

One point though:

We musn't bash Assange and Wikileaks for 'not going after all the other banks' - because WL doesn't 'go after people' (to stay consistent with an honest WL angle). Documents are anonymously submitted.(admittedly, they are released in a priority manner for most effect)

However... from the Mossad angle, perhaps this bank is unwanted competition to a favorite money laundering bank?

I think it can only be JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs.

Too many scenarios running through my head.

Break time.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Any guess on which bank was the target?

My guess would be Chase or BOA.
2nd

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

I agree with that, expose the corruption in The Banks.

Thats why it would make sense to start with the most corrupt banks.
Or the Big Boys Banks...like the IMF, The World Bank, or The BIS.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
\
This is another interesting turn of events.

I think I might stop speculating on WL for a while and just wait and see... I keep changing my thoughts on it.

One point though:

Hang on, that is the point. and you have highlighted it very well.

Deflection and confusion are core tactics in espionage and effective cover for covert operations.

It has already worked on you!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Aw man! Fooled again!

Ordo ab Chao?!

But seriously, its really working well... I can't even remember which Wikileaks thread I'm posting on now.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

perhaps this bank is unwanted competition to a favorite money laundering bank?

Ok ok, I wont bash.

Now, thats pretty much what I was thinking, this might reveal more about who is funding him,

something tells me ...it wont be Goldman Sachs....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
No wonder they want to silence this guy!!!

There's a video of a recent interview of him by one of the TED people, in which he also says he's got stuff on BP - but there's a bottleneck in terms of getting all the information he has checked and made public.

Here's the link: blog.ted.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

perhaps this bank is unwanted competition to a favorite money laundering bank?

Or stepped outside of the rules of the ultra elite?

Confusion and speculation are all wonderful things, but at the end of the day sometimes real people's lives and livelihoods are on the line.

Forget the new forum for wikileaks... It is quickly becoming a kind of divinity, something bigger is in order here, especially when you see how easily they can manipulate the minds of people and governments.

How about....

The Church of Wikileaks

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I hope they get some dirt on CITIfinancial.

I have a good story of how they're trying to screw me over and if they expose this corrupt company I will gladly add my story to the mix to watch them go down!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join