It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN seeks answers from Washington about US spying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

UN seeks answers from Washington about US spying

heck yea, I was waiting on this story

The United Nations wants the US to answer questions about leaked secret diplomatic cables that indicate the US spied on diplomats. Officials asserted that such activities might be violation of international law.

"Senior UN officials yesterday made representations to the US government about a leaked secret cable sent to American diplomats which demanded detailed intelligence on the UN leadership including forensic detail about their communications systems, including passwords and personal encryption keys," the British newspaper Guardian reports.

Haq noted the follow clause of the UN Charter: "The property and assets of the United Nations, wherever located and by whomsoever held, shall be immune from search, requisition, confiscation, expropriation and any other form of interference, whether by executive, administrative, judicial, or legislative action."

www.rawstory.com...

also related article

www.guardian.co.uk...

well ain't that a [snip]
they got themselves into?

All that BS we heard from Hilary and the
WH Press Sec. today did NOT cover this illegal
activity by the US Administration.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Good to hear.

second

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Good to hear.

but I have a sneaky suspicion that
the US will hide behind that National
Security immunity BS. The same BS
we heard from Bush and Cheney
and it'll be brushed under the rug
and we'll never hear about it again.

Pity, that criminals are allowed
to operate legally if elected.

Where's the justice in that?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

National Security immunity BS

I'm not sure I understand? I'm not American...
They're going to have to offer some sort of answers, they can't just dismiss, it won't just go away and even if they try the international community will keep pushing for some sort of explanation or apology.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
I'm not sure I understand? I'm not American...
They're going to have to offer some sort of answers, they can't just dismiss, it won't just go away and even if they try the international community will keep pushing for some sort of explanation or apology.

well that's probably the reason why u don't understand.
I'll try to explain.

Whenever our US Gov does something illegal
or criminal in nature. The Gov steps in the
investigation and halts it and claims that
you can't ask us that or u can't investigate
that cause it would violate State Secrets
being divulged to the public. Bush and
Cheney hid behind this wall of immunity
from prosecution after 9/11.

Basically it's saying:
we are the gov and we can
do whatever the hell we wanna
do with no chance of ever being
caught or prosecuted.

The US get out of Jail FREE card.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

The US get out of Jail FREE card.

I think someone needs to check that card.

It may soon expire.

edit on 29-11-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't really care about the UN or its requests............
We have no business being in it, and they have no business being here.......just a money pit for us, and another way to use the US to do things other countries don't want too..............professional fall guy as it were.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Good to hear.

but I have a sneaky suspicion that
the US will hide behind that National
Security immunity BS. The same BS
we heard from Bush and Cheney
and it'll be brushed under the rug
and we'll never hear about it again.

Pity, that criminals are allowed
to operate legally if elected.

Where's the justice in that?

Yes, or it's just window dressing. But we'll see - UN member states less friendly to US may not let it disappear so easily.

And I have a personal theory that this biometric info was probably shared with Mossad and could have been intended to be used (maybe already has) to frame people and then blackmail them. With this info out in the open, that wouldn't be so easy. Perhaps it may have done some good in that respect. These are all my imaginings, I know, but there has to be some reason they want DNA....it's very suspicious IMO.

I'm convinced there's more to this........
edit on 29-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The United Nations wants the US to answer questions about leaked secret diplomatic cables that indicate the US spied on diplomats. Officials asserted that such activities might be violation of international law.

www.rawstory.com...

All I can hear at the moment is a resounding "deal with it!" comming from the people of America.
After a few moments I am supprised to find my voice was joined in the chorus.

I'm sorry, but I for one am glad our government has tossed around these ideas. I'd be appalled if my government didn't make sure the UN representatives are authentic, with background information required to form important opinions/decisions. I see many reasons in gathering intel secretly. I also see that there could be no reason and that our government is getting this intel for a some unknown future use or comparrison.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Tempest333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I don't really care about the UN or its requests............
We have no business being in it, and they have no business being here.......just a money pit for us, and another way to use the US to do things other countries don't want too..............professional fall guy as it were.

Bingo!

Also, while they re crawling the USs rear end.. how about having everyone fess up to their spying habits. Kinda th pot calling the kettle black as far as this sideshow is concerned. I find it disturbing that the average american is even buying into this play. They should just stand on a stage and do this BS.. except they're bad actors. I cant believe people who profess to be patriots support anything the UN does, much less it demanding answers for things it engages in and promotes itself and within the individual "players".. its so ludicrous.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Advantage because: I cant type and Im sick of correcting myself..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
I think someone needs to check that card.
It may soon expire.

that is exactly what wikileaks
is trying to do

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

intel, yes.

but DNA???

how could you possibly justify that???????????????

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
DNA???
how could you possibly justify that???????????????

they cant
unless they were gonna clone them

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tempest333
I'd be appalled if my government didn't make sure the UN representatives are authentic, with background information required to form important opinions/decisions.

ok then
I'll send them a letter and ask them
to be at ur house next week
for your biometric scan and
DNA submission.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Let's not forget the UN and their pedophile peace keepers and child sex slave rings that not only the UN is involved in but every govt. around the globe and the Vatican too!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
ahhhhhhhhh
and the truth is finally revealed
why there is spying at the UN

Why Israel Is Suspicious Of The United Nations?

1. Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel

2. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.

3. The UN was silent when 58 Jerusalem synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.

4. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives

5. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

6. The UN was silent while for 18 months Israel was terrorised by indiscriminate suicide bombing campaign unleashed by PA leadership.

7. There are 54 Muslims countries in the UN, as well as many more that are Arab oil dependant states.

8. Israel is the only member of the UN that is not permitted membership on the Security Council.

9. Israel is the only country excluded from the U.N.'s regional group system [and therefore] it is the only country of 190 member states that is not eligible to serve on the numerous U.N. commissions.

10. In recent years, the U.N. Commission on Human Rights has annually passed five resolutions condemning Israel. This year, they passed seven. By contrast, each of the following countries/regions has been the subject of only one resolution: Afghanistan, Burundi, Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Myanmar, Russia/Chechnya, Sierra Leone, Southeast Europe and Sudan.

11. Nov. 29 is the United Nations Day of International Solidarity with the Palestinian People. No other people has a U.N. Day of Solidarity.

12. Israel is the only state to which a special investigator with "an open-ended mandate to inspect its human rights record" is assigned by the U.N.

13. Israel is the only state targeted by two special committees and special units of the U.N. Secretariat ostensibly devoted to the Palestinians but in reality dedicated to Israel-bashing worldwide�

14. UNIFIL, the U.N. force stationed on the Israel-Lebanon border, hid a videotape of Israeli soldiers being abducted by Hezbollah in October 2000. After finally admitting to having the tape, the U.N. would only show an edited version (in which Hezbollah faces were hidden) to the Israeli government.

15. UNESCO, in Paris, began passing resolutions about protection of Jerusalem holy sites and access for Muslims in 1968. No resolutions about protection or Jewish access were passed from 1946 to 1967 when Jordan controlled Jerusalem and barred Jews from entering.

christianactionforisrael.org...

now we see the bigger agenda

US is Israel's lap dog once again

edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
well Obama and Hilary,
how does it feel to be totally
screwed over by your Zionist
buddies? Ur the ones left holding
the bag in this fiasco.

Thank u wiki for exposing this

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ahhh I see now

nobody wants to discuss this any more
if Israel is involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The U.S. is the most powerful member of the United Nations. They will simply threaten economies of other states, and grab their unquestioning allies to avert any crisis. The U.S. operates above the law, and that has been proven in the past. The U.N. can ask all they want, they're a paper tiger. While the world is shifting towards multipolarity, it hasn't gotten there yet--we still live in a unipolar world dominated by the United States, until the empire is destroyed economically.
edit on 29-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

But we'll see - UN member states less friendly to US may not let it disappear so easily.

lest we forget so easily that
the US has Veto power in the UN
and can basically absolve itself
of any wrongdoing ???
Basically the same thing Bush
did after 9/11 when he pardoned
himself.

edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join