It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mask wearing protestors in D.C can now be arrested.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
washingtonexaminer.com...

Wearing a mask while protesting outside a residence without telling D.C. police first could now get you arrested. The D.C. Council has unanimously passed a strongly worded bill to deal with an animal rights group that has been known to wear masks and appear unannounced outside District residents' homes shouting things like "You should die." Residents have been complaining to their council members that they felt "terrorized." Critics of the bill say it's too broad and limits First Amendment rights. Read more at the Washington Examiner: washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I've been arrested for wearing a Mask while simply walking down the street.

More then once.

Its a damn shame...

This isn't news...this is societies' way of crapping on Masked individuals.

Boo t them all.

Star n flag.

MM

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Soon it will be "Protestors wearing anything anywhere can be arrested, beaten, manhandled, strip searched, anally probed, defecated on, raped and then shot."

Yes I agree these people are lunatics but should a couple of lunatics cost us our first amendment rights? Just remember you snip here and snip there and eventually all that's left is a pile of confetti.

"He who would trade liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security." --- Ben Franklin.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Would sunglasses and and a beard be reasons for being arrested ? especialy if they were the Elton John type

edit on 29-11-2010 by 10987654321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321
Would sunglasses and and a beard be reasons for being arrested ?

Note to self stay away from DC

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well then.... a perfect time to plan a protest would be Halloween. If you planned on on Halloween night, then everyone would be in fancy dress, and a lot of people would be wearing masks. There would be no way they could cope with arresting the entire group, or would there? I wonder.

That being said, I kinda see their point. Most protestors that wear masks are wearing them because they want the protest to turn violent, cause destruction, and not be recognized. Unlike that poor idiot that had just had his picture taken at the riots in London where he's posing in a police riot helmut he found on the ground and flipping off the camera whilst in front of a desecrated police van. He said his life is now ruined after his face was plastered all over the papers and he is now worried about his future job prospects, whatever they might be.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

I hear ya!!
But you do bring up a good point. Define "Mask". It gets cold in D.C., so is a scarf or ski mask an offense? Heck define "protest". Bet ya someone gets sued before this winter is over.

top topics

join