It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Real, Or Is It Just A Ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ok, so I am mostly an atheist and a bit of a sceptic when it comes to some things. But the other day, in a slightly altered state of my mind shall we say, I found this video. Ok, Davy boy Icke is in it, but it cuts out most of his crap. But there is real science in this. Think about what physics tells us about the measurement problem? Then watch this

BTW I cannot figure out how to put the youtube video up, if someone could do it that would be great, and let me know how it is done so I dont have to ask again

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-11-2010 by thedarktower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

Here's video.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah it's just a ride! Wer'e part of the creator that got caught up in maya, or the energy of illusion, which makes you forget who and what you really are, but the reality is you have always existed and always will, there's no begining or end. Everything is forever.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Yeah it's just a ride! Wer'e part of the creator that got caught up in maya, or the energy of illusion, which makes you forget who and what you really are, but the reality is you have always existed and always will, there's no begining or end. Everything is forever.

usually Im all for science but this video has the science to back it all up. We did come fro nothng, by looking at an atom it becomes into existance, (the measurement problem) and basically its as though we will never understand reality as our small brains cannot show us. Plato's theory of Forms is another example of what i am talking about

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Mind = blown. I love reading and watching things about quantum physics, it really sends shivers down my spine sometimes

I've thought for a long time now the idea that he states in the video about never reaching the edge of the universe, because as we observe that edge, more universe is created in front of us.

I have noticed though over the past few weeks that certain phrases that I use or often say to myself have been popping up in a lot of places by people who I would never speak to. So when I heard about us creating our own realities it sent me a bit west. It's more likely to be due to that whole 6 degrees of separation sort of thing though

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the video man, heard some of this stuff but the way this was put together was quite informative. I had been feeling a bit down and out today but this helped me put things back into perspective so thanks for that.
Everything that happens on this planet is insignificant when compared to the infinite scope of the universe, and who wants to live their whole life worrying about what tomorrow holds when what matters is right now!
May the good times roll on... to infinity and beyond

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Bill Hicks > David Icke any day of the week. It's just a ride

RIP Bill

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
it's not just a ride, its a free ride !

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11/29/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It does raises some interesting questions as science it yet to find any clear boundaries in the workings of the universe. CERN and the Hubble telescope are two good steps in this quest, hard to say how many more are needed. With a solid foundation in science it does help us keep our feet on the ground with the new developments that arise. As for consciousness building our reality this is a drastic simplification. Our consciousness guides our actions and our actions build our reality. No matter how much conscious effort you use, once that car gets out of control you are just along for the ride.

new topics

top topics

join