It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they engage in homosexual acts and worship the devil?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I bet you don't know about The Dark Order of the Druidic Faeries, now do you!!?

of course not, they're secret.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

there's a few of them that have been implicated more than others I can think of right off hand:

temple of set
the matamoros group
the catholic church
the central intelligence agency
the peoples' temple

with these kinds of organizations, you gotta consider that a typical hierarchical membership is not necessary for the activities to occur.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm positive that at some point there was and or is a secret society that does both things.

Unless you were talking about a specific institution, I'd assume there was once a group that did any number of dark, evil things. If you're of the persuasion homosexuality is even evil.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by MMPI2

Ok. I have a challenge for you. First, think about who would classify as a "high level member". OK get that visual in your head. Now go sit outside a masonic lodge..

Get it out of your head that the free masons are the only secret society to ever exist.

I bet you don't know about The Dark Order of the Druidic Faeries, now do you!!?

sorry, I meant to be more generic but missed it. Knowing a little about what we are accused of and them what actually happens, I think that quite a few of the other "secret societies" are getting the same bad wrap. They are secret, they don't let you know what they do unless you are a member, so people automatically assume they are doing bad things. Then soon, bad things turn into what we have here with the thread title. The Temple of Set may indeed practice sex magic. Ask them. Most of the secrets that exist in this world have been told. The problem people seem to have is that if the answer is mundane, it gets discarded and the wild stories just get wilder.

Take the Bohemian Grove. we don't know what goes on there. We know that a lot of powerful people have gone there. Some of those people aren't very popular in the eyes of the public. So we invent stories accusing them of devil worship, homosexual acts, blood sacrifices. Again, all the while we freely admit that we don't know what actually goes on there. Only what Alex Jones has told us. And lord knows he has no agenda.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As the highest level member of the world's largest secret society I can say with some confidence that someone at some point in our 15,000 year history with millions of members has possibly engaged in a homosexual act.

Unfortunately, though, since we are a men-only fraternity it sadly would not include any "Girls Gone Wild" type antics.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The major things that I hear about "secret societies" are things like devil worshiping and homosexual acts being done in their meeting place. Is this really going on or is this just an nonfactual stereotype? Why is it always the devil and never the antagonist of another religion? These are just some basic questions I have. Thanks.

Sometimes all it is is that a group of people with their own interests seek to spend a bit of time discussing whatever pet topics that are in the ethos of the secret society without stupid blabbermouths and timewasters. It may be some form of magic or a fringe religion or something else.. Hasn't younoticed that homosexuality and satanism are now mainstream!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It happens, but not in the Secret Society I belong to.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by arpgme

yea, and I was holding it for a friend too.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The major things that I hear about "secret societies" are things like devil worshiping and homosexual acts being done in their meeting place. Is this really going on or is this just an nonfactual stereotype? Why is it always the devil and never the antagonist of another religion? These are just some basic questions I have. Thanks.

I find it strange how people link homosexual sex and devil worship by default, by implication the former is as bad as the latter, as this statement goes. Would it look better perhaps if there were heterosexual orgies and devil worship? What if there were sewing circles and devil worship? Cooking classes maybe? What would be the implication there?
What if the Devil was just misunderstood? Milton seemed to think so. What if he were a decent fellow, and deserving of some appreciation?

Anyway, this was an argument by analogy, if you see what I mean.

To your question of: "Why is it always the devil and never the antagonist of another religion?"

I would say that it's because the normative religious reference in the west is the Judaeo-Christian paradigm. It wouldn't make as much sense if it was Kali or Ahriman in terms of nomination. We can only understand archetypal concepts via the prism of our cultural context.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by arpgme

yea, and I was holding it for a friend too.

dude, you are cracking my ass up!!!

But, seriously, OP....why would we or anyone else care if someone wanted to worship the devil? Why would we care about their sexuality? I could give a hoot about either.... If you don't like it, don't join. There are plenty of other secret societies that don't engage in either.

Live and let live...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No. Its all nonfactual stereotype.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There are different types of secret societies.

If you're talking about the occult, then yes. The occult is not mainstream, so you will find either "weird" people or mainstream people living a double life. Joining an occult group is one of those "baby with the bathwater" scenarios where people feel more free to act out their repressed fantasies. Finding out that someone is a closeted homosexual, you may just as well discover that he engages in strange rituals.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

If you're talking about the occult, then yes. The occult is not mainstream, so you will find either "weird" people or mainstream people living a double life. Joining an occult group is one of those "baby with the bathwater" scenarios where people feel more free to act out their repressed fantasies. Finding out that someone is a closeted homosexual, you may just as well discover that he engages in strange rituals.

This comment is offensive and asinine on so many levels.....

1. I am a member of 2 secret societies which are considered "occult" in nature. Neither is about or includes "acting out repressed fantasies." In fact, both are about personal spiritual evolution & growth and have nothing inherently to do with sex, fantasies, or Satanism.

2. I have friends who are homosexuals. None of them engage in "strange rituals" of any sort...

What an ignorant comment that was....wow. And to think they actually let you vote....

edit on 1-12-2010 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I find this deeply offensive.

I was a member of the Freemasons for 17 years. I never once engaged in Homosexual behavour and I find that type of suggestion foul and disgusting.

Within the Freemasons we believe in a higher power not any one particular god.

That higher power can be in the form of the Devil if so inclined. Devil worship or alliance is not to be missed.

It has numerous advantages and to some the Devil is the real God. Read the Old testament before the Church changed it and you will find in detail act committed by god that will shock and awe you.

I am no longer a member of the Freemasons as I found a different "society" to accept my membership and the past three years have been rewarding.

As in all walks of life, there are people who will engage in homosexual activities. That is for them and them alone. I myself do not agree with their lifestyle choices and their acts but in reality are their acts any worse than what I may of done. I am not sure. To me homosexuality has been given to much publicity and their are too many activists who lobby for these types of acts for attention.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

You took what I said out of context.

1. I am a member of 2 secret societies which are considered "occult" in nature. Neither is about or includes "acting out repressed fantasies." In fact, both are about personal spiritual evolution & growth and have nothing inherently to do with sex, fantasies, or Satanism.

To you, all fantasies are sexual or sadomasochistic.

2. I have friends who are homosexuals. None of them engage in "strange rituals" of any sort...

What an ignorant comment that was....wow. And to think they actually let you vote....

I said closeted homosexuals, not all homosexuals, and thanks for the personal attack - just another reason to oppose the gay agenda.

edit on 1-12-2010 by vcwxvwligen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How did I do that, pray tell? Your comment seems pretty obvious to me and you even further proved the point in your reply to my post. Offensive and ignorant.

Proof of that statement? Otherwise, its slander....

I said closeted homosexuals, not all homosexuals, and thanks for the personal attack - just another reason to oppose the gay agenda.

You think *I* am making a personal attack on *you*? Is that what you call it when someone gets righteously offended by your ignorant and offensive comments? I'm not the one who just made obnoxious comments about a whole society of people that has NOTHING to do with secret societies and/or conspiracy. And further, I have a couple of friends who ARE closet homosexuals. They HAVE to be because of the nature of their jobs. And NONE of them are in secret societies, engage in conspiracy, OR do "strange rituals." They are good people who go to church (YES...A CHRISTIAN CHURCH!), pay their taxes, give to charity, and have done NOTHING to earn your shallow, crass blanket statements.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I want people to explain to me why the feel threatened by secret societies. Most of them seen to be secret because they seek to go aginst the grain by not courting the publicity that we are told to be the key to success and appearing on TV. I am deeply uninterested in what other people do unless it is in my name so what is the problem?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How did I do that, pray tell? Your comment seems pretty obvious to me and you even further proved the point in your reply to my post. Offensive and ignorant.

For starters, you are making false claims about what I said.

Proof of that statement? Otherwise, its slander....

1. I am a member of 2 secret societies ... both are about personal spiritual evolution & growth and have nothing inherently to do with sex, fantasies, or Satanism.

You were the one who mentioned sex and Satanism here.

You think *I* am making a personal attack on *you*? Is that what you call it when someone gets righteously offended by your ignorant and offensive comments?

So then you felt justified in making your personal attacks.

I'm not the one who just made obnoxious comments about a whole society of people that has NOTHING to do with secret societies and/or conspiracy.

You need to do more research about the secret societies. For instance, you mentioned something about "spiritual evolution." That is Illuminati speak.

And further, I have a couple of friends who ARE closet homosexuals. And NONE of them are in secret societies, engage in conspiracy, OR do "strange rituals." They are good people who go to church (YES...A CHRISTIAN CHURCH!), pay their taxes, give to charity, and have done NOTHING to earn your shallow, crass blanket statements.

When are you going to tell those homosexual Christians that they're friends with a practicing occultist?

For you to bring your friends into this reflects poorly on your character. You may think that you're "protecting" them, but sometimes people should speak for themselves. It's not like you even have a knack for remembering details.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
I want people to explain to me why the feel threatened by secret societies. Most of them seen to be secret because they seek to go aginst the grain by not courting the publicity that we are told to be the key to success and appearing on TV. I am deeply uninterested in what other people do unless it is in my name so what is the problem?

Just because a group takes step to avoid persecution doesn't mean that they are benign, or even beneficial to society. A big problem with Americans is their penchant for inclusion for its own sake. All that does is blur boundaries and lead to ethical subjectivity.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

For starters, you are making false claims about what I said.

Okay...so this is what you said:

Explain what you mean by it??? My interpretation of your comment is:

1. Joining an "occult group" means you are either "weird" or you are living a double life
2. People who practice occult feel free to "act out their repressed fantasies"
3. "Closeted" homosexuals engage in "strange rituals"

So, let's see....
1. I am neither 'weird" nor "practice a double life." I would also not apply either of those terms to others who practice along the same lines that I associate with personally. That's not to say that there isn't someone who could fit one of those categories but that doesn't give you right to broad brush a whole philosophical movement.

2. ATS is filled with threads where posters accuse "people who practice occult" of also engaging in deviant sex practices and/or Satanism. Further, it has been my experience that when someone talks about "repressed fantasies" they are referring to something sexual in nature or some twisted God-complex, thus my comment about "sex, fantasies, and Satanism." If your definition of "repressed fantasies" differs, then please clarify....

You were the one who mentioned sex and Satanism here.

In the context in which you previously used it, that's what I concluded was your definition, not mine. As I mentioned previously....you have not chosen to clarify if that was not your intent. Still waiting.... Furthermore, I believe that was also the topic of this thread....

Still waiting on the apology for your previous slanderous statement.

So then you felt justified in making your personal attacks.

I didn't personally attack you. I said that I found your comments about individuals who choose to practice in secret societies or homosexuality to be offensive and ignorant.

You need to do more research about the secret societies. For instance, you mentioned something about "spiritual evolution." That is Illuminati speak.

A vague statement that really means nothing.... "Illuminati" can mean a lot of things, depending on who is saying it and what their internal definition is....

If you mean "Illuminati speak" based up on the term as it is known on ATS - being some nebulous clandestine Satanic group who practices mind control, rapes and kills children, and has some sort of evil agenda to enslave the world, then you are the one who is off your rocker because such a group doesn't exist. It is pure paranoid fantasy which makes for good fiction, nothing more.

If you mean "Illuminati" as in one who has attained or works to attain spiritual illumination through a series of personal ritual work on the physical, astral, and spiritual realms, well then YES! and I'm damn proud of it. I will openly tell you that I have heavily worked those paths since I was a small child.

When are you going to tell those homosexual Christians that they're friends with a practicing occultist?

For you to bring your friends into this reflects poorly on your character. You may think that you're "protecting" them, but sometimes people should speak for themselves. It's not like you even have a knack for remembering details.

First of all, *you* are the one who attacked homosexuals. That speaks poorly on your character.

Secondly, of course my Christian friends know that I practice ritual and ceremonial magick! They aren't as judgmental as you appear to be. They've taken the time to ask me about it and, after discussion, realize that our beliefs are not so different as you would think.

However, it's not something I advertise when I'm out in public. And before you assume that I don't shout it to the world with a megaphone because it's something you think I'm ashamed of or because it's something that others will see as "evil," that's no where CLOSE to reality. If you knew even two cents of factual information about the "secret societies" you say are so evil, you'd know that the work is of a very personal spiritual nature. My prayers, invocations, and evocations are between me and my maker. What business is it to anyone else? I don't demand that you tell me what you pray about every day, if you even pray.
edit on 7-12-2010 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join