It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord, thank you for this post which demonstrates a calm, un exaggerated, re-telling of one's account with a UFO sighting. At the end of the day you and those you shared this tale with simply do not know what it was you witnessed. However, I find myself disagreeing with your reasoning as to why you remain skeptical that what you witnessed cannot be extraterrestrial in origin.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I remain skeptical. My primary reasons are that we represent a relatively mundane existence when compared against the wonders of the galaxy available to an interstellar species. Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required. I can't imagine any intelligent species wasting that energy on us when the entire galaxy calls.

To put it bluntly, of course you would think that way. You are a human being who uses logic. While one cannot, and should not ever, fault anyone for using logic, especially within the confines of an online message board with the motto "deny ignorance", I fail to consider logic a universal phenomenon. I consider it a global one, for the reason that we humans are only one species that occupy one globe.

It's entirely possible that logic as we know it is irrelevant when considering the actions of an extraterrestrial species. I remember a poster a long time ago who stated very simply "alien life would not travel a few billion light years just to stare into some hick's window." to which I replied, "why not"? The poster's answer was, "because it doesn't make sense". This answer suggests that logic is universal, and it may very well be! But it wouldn't be the logic of one species on a single planet. It would be the logic of a species that has the technology to be far more universal than we. Hence, their universal logic.

In terms of our existence being so mundane when compared to the wonders of the universe, perhaps those "wonders" are "wonders" only because we still have to "wonder" about them. An intelligent being with the capability to traverse the stars may have been doing such for millenia. They've been there, done that, so to speak. Hence, they don't wonder anymore. They know.

Your statement concerning how expensive, energy wise, the technology to traverse the stars must be, is a valid point. Valid if you are a human being with limited resources and limited capability to acquire such resources. Our resources come from Earth while a star-traversing civilization's resources can come from anywhere at all. They might have so much element XYZ available to them that they don't know what to do with it.

In tying things together, I arrive at these "what ifs". What if the way we think as human beings is what draws a star traversing life form to travel untold distances to observe us? What if we, with our "logic" that is so very different from theirs, are their newest "wonder"?

What you saw remains unexplained, but your logic has not convinced me that what you saw could not be an extraterrestrial airborne vessel, based on my logic.

Edit to add: SkepticOverlord, just to be clear, there is no implied need for you to convince anyone of anything by sharing your experience or your reasoning. There is a perceived "us vs them" mentality that exists between skeptics and believers on this board, which I disagree with. Unfortunately, explicitly labeling myself a skeptic makes me a target for this misguided mindset. This post should not be taken by anyone as a "me vs them" attack. I consider myself open to the possibility of intelligent life existing elsewhere, but I am not a believer.
edit on 30-11-2010 by danj3ris because: to avoid a misconception.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
oh my god! something weird happened to me too! it was yesterday.
I was walkin up the road at about 7:45am, when i saw this strange red/white object just hovering in the sky. Theen a few minutes later, there was this HUGE red flash! It was huge! Then there was a white flash also! After a while, the object disappered....
FFFREAKY!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

ill clue you in on a lil secret bro...learned this because there were some fellas that tried this with me...the way you get alot of stars and flags quickly is to have alot of friends and foes...u make a thread send out a message to ur friends asking for help or whatever and everyone helps each other out by starring and flagging..

sometimes I find it counter productive (its kind of annoying when the die hards come in and star their friends just because they are in an argument...god forbid you disagree with some of them), but usually the people who get them are deserving and have developed the friends because they have put time and effort into their threads and posts.

lots of us make threads that dont get noticed.. but usually if there is something to learn or its well thought out or well presented then it will get the attention it deserves...just keep that in mind..i dont have any "friends" on here so dont try to add me..if i disagree with you im not the calvary that will come riding in to star u just because...ill let ya know! haha..
buddy or not..i didnt flag the thread but at least it was well presented...

[/off topic]

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

right on...well said...I happily star you mate. Good stuff.

A new perspective...fantastic.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Bill, Great thread.

I admittedly did not look at who authored this thread. (Shocked) It caught my interest by the number of flags it has received. Well warranted, this time!

The real missing thing in your narrative is how YOU FELT during and since this observation.

Those of us who have been around here a while know that you are, to put it mildly, somewhat proud of, and defender of, your moniker "Skeptic".

For you to relate this for all of us ( friends and foes) was no small thing. There is a sense of paradigm shift. Not just for this site, but for you, personally.

You unmistakably are of keen intellect and clearly in possession of amazing powers of observation. (you have made a good living at just that!).

Now seriously, all speculation of percived intent aside. How did this observation make YOU feel?

It is, quite possible, the sole reason YOU saw it.

...to put it another way, The reaction to what what you saw may be the impetuous for the phenomenologic purpose of their journey. Particularly, if humankind is of their progeny.

So....How does/did it make you feel??

Recently Respectful. Zep

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

So based on your reasoning...people should not bother posting till they are well known so they too will have a thread well responded too?
How many post does it take to become "Well Known" enough to have a successful thread? 2,000 , 10,000 a billion?

And then you contradict yourself

it does not really matter, what matters is the subject and discussion

So is it, "who wrote it" or "subject matter"?
edit on 30-11-2010 by Grayelf2009 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Its not about the stars....just thought the mentallity was that everyone was an equal on this site.
You never know who is behind the mask.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
reply to post by lifeform11

So based on your reasoning...people should not bother posting till they are well known so they too will have a thread well responded too?
How many post does it take to become "Well Known" enough to have a successful thread? 2,000 , 10,000 a billion?

And then you contradict yourself

it does not really matter, what matters is the subject and discussion

So is it, "who wrote it" or "subject matter"?
edit on 30-11-2010 by Grayelf2009 because: spelling

no, i am not saying people should not bother posting, i was saying how many flags and stars you get does not matter. what matters is the discussion what we learn from it etc.

i did not contradict myself, it does not matter how many stars and flags, it does matter about the points raised or information on the subject. how many replies you get is obviously dependent on many things.

this is off topic and my last reply.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Finally a thread worth writing in. First of all welcome to the ever growing club.

Second of all its always the same with skeptical minded individuals like yourself. You portray an image on this site (at least to me) that when people write/wrote of specific personal encounters of UFO's you believe(d) that they were hoaxes or fabricated delusions. Yet here you are, solely because you have had your own experience changing your opinion.

I have had many debates with skeptical people on this site regarding UFO activity and ET presence, and its always the same old lines Why us, Show me proof Why would a group of ET travel all this way just to see us Science does not speak of this, therefore it is not true NASA would of told us by now its the same old thing. HOWEVER.........When these skeptical people see something with their very own eyes everything starts to change....Suddenly these skeptical arm chair scientists, are dismayed because they are found to be in a completely different state of awareness, as though they have stepped out of a bubble in to a different world, a world where science and beliefs (up to the personal experience) is left behind like a discarded dead weight that has ben hanging around their neck. Suddenly things that seemed to fit in a nicely packaged box do not fit easily any more......There are so many questions....yet so little answers.....Lies,Deceit, Money (its always about the money) impede us from finding out anything that may help us, which is one of the reasons, why people come here.

There is such a big push for global understanding that we are not alone. Switch on your television and search the channels, how many SPACE/ET related programmes are on right now? How many films regarding ET and UFO'S are scheduled for release over the next 12 months?

I am pleased that you have had your own experience. Perhaps now when you view threads from others claiming that they have had similar experiences you will be able to empathise with them and grow to understand that we certainly are not alone and never have been, IMHO these sightings and increased UFO activity doesn't mean that a saviour is going to come down to earth and change all our ways for the greater good, far from it!

It is my understanding that above our heads there is a war taking place, a war that we are not privvy to. We are the prize and how oblivious we all are.

Please I implore you, now that you have had your own taster, please try LISTENING to your mind in a time of quiet stillness, it is amazing what you pick up internally when there is nothing to distract you.

Now that you have experienced something out of the ordinary, you will see that it will snowball in to something much greater FATE leads us to where we should be at specific periods of time.

Edit to add after reading all the posts in this thread.

I wonder if you would receive so much praise and thanks and not skeptical snide responses in your thread if you were not the site owner. Oh how fickle we can be at times
edit on 30-11-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

that's interesting.. I don't mean to steal your thread but something similar to what you saw happened here in Kenya as well. I was getting out of the office around 1845hrs and I looked up at the evening sky and since it was clear, I could see end to end and some stars were beginning to show. there is normally a bright planet/star near the moon but when I looked up this time round.. they were two very close together. I stopped to have a clear look, they looked identical and one was moving away from the other very noticeably. My jaw fell open and I can't really explain what it was. It was not a plane and the movement was much to fast . the brightness about it looked planet like.
S & F

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ugh..boy that's just silly ass swamp gas..ain't nuthin compared to what I seen. About 11:30 last night I saw Conway Twitty and Elvis (fat Elvis) indian leg wrestlin' over a damn crack pipe behind the Jiggle Hut. You saw lights but I saw two bonefied stars...why don't them damn aliens send us some sumbichin' womern down here to investigate my manliness? Cuz there ain't no damn aliens, that's why!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Are u sure it wasnt just an especially bright Cable leakage?

Apparently they happen quite often these days.

Dave

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I saw "something" the other nite on Tuesday the 23rd, at approximately 12:25 am. I went with my brother to pick up some furniture a friend was giving me, on the way back with the furniture, I saw what appeared to be a shooting star or a metor, it was quick but it made a very shallow S shaped curves in the sky, and it was gone. It's funny to me because I said "holy #### did you see that?" and he said "what? damn it! I was ashing my damned cigarrete" haha, he was furious, because he said earlier that day he had been thinking about UFO's and when something shoots across the sky he doesnt get to see it but I do. Either way, more than likely it was a meteor, just don't know how common it is for them to make s shaped lines of travel.

Oh yeah, this was in the Orland Park area just outside of Chicago heading East on Sibley Blvd. The object was traveling from SsW towards NnE just in case anyone was wondering, oh and the color was a yellowish hue changing to a bluish one towards the end of it's visibility.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
How come some people see UFO:s and others dont? I think it has much to do with the observer. I have an experience from a country far, far away from America. This was in the age before cellphones with cameras. It was Sunday, I was a traveller, walking around in the city. A lot of people where gathering at the dome in the old town. I stood there, just watching people and admiring the old building. Then, all of a sudden, I saw a black-greyish ball in the sky. From my position it hade the size of a golfball held out with a straight arm. The ball moved slowely across the sky and then just took off. Without a sound, trail or anything. I am sure this object was visible for at least one minute. Of course I tried to get peoples attention, they looked up and "saw" it but they did not care, as if the strange thing in the sky was not really there. It was like "umm, sorry but I have to..." and they just walked away. I was not drunk, on drugs, mentally ill or anything. I have no history of braindamage or similar. I felt just fine, on leave from university, travelling around. I saw what I saw, it was real, period.

I have thought a lot about this event and tried to educate myself about UFO:s. As far as I know, most UFO sightings have been reported by people who are in a relaxed state. Driving a car, walking by themselves in the contryside or just sitting in a chair watching the sky. The correlation between emotional attitude and UFO sitings might indicate that at least some UFO:s are observable only if the mind is relaxed and receptive. To me this means that, at least some, UFO:s are not "normal" material objects. Interdimensional objects? I dont know. I just think there is some kind of bond beween the observer and the UFO and it has to do with the obsevers ability to process information.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Grayelf2009

i believe its because the person who had this sighting is well known and known as a skeptic, it happens on many subjects, it depends who posts it, how well known they are etc.

it happens with comments, i have posted things before and got no stars, somebody posts a page later saying the same as what i said and gets 10+ stars, it happens.

it does not really matter, what matters is the subject and discussion, and what we can learn.

I believe with Grayelf2009, It is because so many ATS members are suckup's -- the sightings are a part of God's appearance on earth -- one of the strongest warning is against suckups -- like church members, country club members, ATS members.

All the flags and stars remind me of kindergarten. They start in kindergarten to make you a suckup.

Did you wonder why God placed a sunspot drawing on the Sun in the shape of the Haitian Islands? It is because the whole Haitian Island is composed of suckups, liars, cheats. 500,000 orphans in Haiti before the earthquake. Just a bunch of Tiger Wood's running throughout the island depositing babies and moving on.

Speaking of suckups. Does the Owner "SkepticOverlord" really look like his avatar -- or want to look that way?

edit on 30-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

edit on 30-11-2010 by Thepreye because: replied to the wrong guy in my excitement

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

You gave a good written description and a pretty good animation, complete with the money shot at the end, to accompany your words, which by the way are good enough for me, good sighting dude, as to what it is who the heck knows, except the occupants of the light, if there were any.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
doubled
edit on 30-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join