It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

We made it to page 5.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I too have had a similar experience SO, although mine was kind of in reverse order as yours.

Years ago, when I first joined the Navy, probably around the early 2000's, while I was stationed at Naval Air Station North Island, in San Diego, CA I saw something to this day I can't explain. I was working for the squadron HC-3 "Packrats" (now called HSC-3 Knighthawks) during the Night shift. We were out on a job, on the runway (or flight line) walking back to the shop located in the hangar bay.

I was an airman back then, walking with my Second Class Petty Officer supervisor when I looked up into the sky and saw what appeared to be three brightly lit stars pretty close together. I remember thinking 'those look unusual...' and seconds later they split apart and started dancing around the sky with each other. As they rapidly moved around each other, I remember yelling "Perry!! Look up dude!!!" As soon as he looked up into the sky, the three lights coalesced into one brightly lit star, and shot off very fast!

That experience really changed how I felt about UFO's and extraterrestial visitations. I always believed life could be out there, but as you said, I really doubted an Intelligent Alien race would have a reason to visit the earth. But, after seeing what I saw, and having my supervisor confirm that we were not, infact, hallucinating - changed all that.

As I see it, I don't understand God, I don't understand the Universe, and in all reality, I might not understand the reason why some highly advanced alien race chose to visit our planet, but I do *know* I saw something beyond *our* current level of technology.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I know you're the logical minded kind of person and have already thought of this but i'm on the side of terrestial object of an experimental nature. However that still raises questions because if they are hiding technology that can give Earth a far superior space program then they are doing the entire human race a diservice. In fact i would argue it is a betrayal of the human race to keep such technology secret.

That's not to say aliens don't exist, i am sure they do, whether they have found us is a very different question.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamAccnrh

How can you expect logical and intelligent people to believe in something that which has no proof?

Maybe it's not a matter of proving this to others at this particular juncture. I know that doesn't help you but.....
This paradigm (one in which we do not comprehend) is not a 'collective' type of realization right now.

I believe it's a quest, evolution and/or enlightenment that strikes different people at different intervals for different reasons. And yet we all keep scanning the skies.....still not accepting what might be out there without a consensus (proof). We're filled with every single (rational) excuse out there so we've become a bunch of hounds chasing our tails looking for logical Human explanations.
And there lays the problem.

I think the mob-mentality (consensuses, if you will) doesn't apply to this situation at this given time. Hopefully that's about to change but, I am (nor the millions of others) are not here (on Earth) to prove anything to anyone.

Firstly, we can't. Secondly, it doesn't validate our experiences any more or any deeper than it already is for us.
This is not about the audience (science) understanding. It's about a personal realization.

Again, hopefully that'll change.

This scenario is very much like The Gods Must Be Crazy
So...it's just one of those things.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As another option, and not to discredit what you saw, but is there a possibility that it was a meteorite entering the earths atmosphere? I've heard of meteorites sometimes breaking apart on entry due to expanding ice and rapid forming of water vapor. Is this a possibility?

Just offering another option. If this wasn't the case then I'm out of ideas. I too am often skeptical about sightings etc. But perhaps one day I will be fortunate enough to have one of my own. Here's hoping!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Grats on the sighting SO!

I am glad that you now are aware of the reality going on above us.

I have seen many events with the "dot of light" doing unimaginable maneuvers and pulling impossible Gs.

However, the most amazing sighting I have ever had was an up close flying saucer-disk. It was really low (possibly 500-1200meters altitude -- guesstimates), it was perfectly silent, and it resembled a wheel with spokes rolling through the sky. The "wheel in the sky" was a perfect metaphor for this flying saucers flight pattern.

It went straight across and that was that, never saw anything like that again. Luckily I have two buddies who saw it, 1) the Army paratrooper still remembers it and we talk about it when we visit. 2) the other friend turned into a hardcore religious fanatic preacher and refuses to talk about it or remember it (according to friend 1's last meeting with him).

Point is, something really odd is going on here at Earth Right under our Noses!! And these sightings are part of it!

I really want to get to the bottom of it and find out who are flying these things, what is their goals or purpose, and what methods are they using to achieve those goals??

Once I saw that flying disk my first thinking responses were "Omg those things are real? I've been laughing at people about that for years..." , keep in mind that's paraphrased. Here at ATS my first thread ever in 2004 described the sightings in detail and so this story may be a bit lacking in it's details, so check out my old thread if you are interested.

That is what got me into Conspiracies and all things bizarre, seeing a flying saucer with my own eyeballs.

It will really change the way you think about everything. It will cause you to question everything. It is a defining event in mental development to see one of these things.

The only photograph I have ever seen that looked exactly like what I saw, was an old black and white "Nazi UFO" photograph. This caused me to take the Nazi UFO stuff seriously. Because I saw something just like it.

It makes me wonder about all kinds of things. Is the story of the Nazi "Roswell" true? Is the stories of the VRIL society and their channelling of "aliens" whom supposedly gave them advancements in spacecraft tech true or false?? Was Operation Highjump really chasing Nazi flying disks to Antartica?

This leads to all kinds of bizarre possibilities. Was Alternative 3 actually real ? (Even if the video was faked, it could have happened secretly).

And then it starts to beg the questions, what does our Gov't really know about these things? How many are ET and how many are human? How far back into our history do these things really go?

Are all of the legends and myths of history deeply tied into visits by ET? Is this what the ancient depictions in stone are trying to tell us? Who really made Tiahuinaco (and places like it)? Why was it built?

What kind of treaties did our Gov't make with them if any were made at all?
Who is really behind our Gov't?

Does this mean the Terra Papers (1st Edition the 2nd is bogus) are partially true after all?

Seeing a UFO means you will now be asking questions like these and many countless others until the day you die or until you find good concrete answers.

And the hard part is, that good concrete answers are not available to us. We have to speculate and wonder.
Only the Govt or ET themselves could give us the real deal, and explain everything to us from square 1.

So congrats SO. I am happy about the fact you saw some really odd stuff.

Now maybe you will take a closer look at some of the UFO stories that have been passed around. Granted, most UFO videos etc are faked. However there are real videos and accounts as well. Usually the true events are overlooked and never get any flags. The fake stuff gets tons of attention though. Figures....

Grats!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
S&F SO~! Wow~! I'm truly glad you had a definite Unidentified Object that was hovering long enough for you to examine/question it. Do you think this 'hovering' at this very time for you eyes to notice it is just coincidence or was it a planned event?
Interesting question isn't?

Your experience is one of many if not 100's of members or 1000's of non-members that have been noticing this over the past year or so; it's almost becoming common place any more weather it's on you tube, ATS or MSM.

Points which keep cropping up are:
~Bright star in the sky, which is not on any application to ID it
~it's too bright even for a star regardless of the time of day/night (which denotes incredible amount energy to display that amount of Lumens at that distance. this very phenomenon that you encountered is the reason I posted this Thread in hopes that perhaps it might explain there is a higher technology being used right in front of our eyes)
~it moves at incredible speeds which doesn't coincide with any known earthly technology, military or civilian (that we know of) (this denotes intelligence or is remotely controlled)
~it either changes shape or splits apart into 3 or more other 'stars' or orbs (denotes intelligence or is remote controlled with predefined mechanical operations to split apart)

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that:

~those that are skeptics, which I was before having my close encounter(CE) 33 yrs ago, will have a CE or some sort of 'sighting' to bring their thinking that we are NOT alone nor are we the only civilization in the universe. It is my belief that (this goes WAY out on a limb) some people are targeted to only have certain UFO experiences ONLY when they're mind is prepared to receive such a phenomenon

~After earthlings are seeded with the knowledge that there are other civilizations with higher technology existing out in the universe, stage 2 will begin of which may or may not be full visitation. (hopefully, we'll know their agenda LONG before hand weather they're human/alien or both)

These are just my opinions and come from having multiple extra-terrestrial / spiritual / paranormal experiences along with reading ancient text which clearly describe 'alien like' beings visiting humans openly.

It is my hope that you and others like you, will have a deeper encounter in which you will be able to KNOW with any shadow of a doubt that there really is other civilizations out there and other worldly technology.

The vid below is something i'm sure you've seen before however, it's something to think about.. Gary snooped around for 2 full years before being caught.. if he's a fake then why is he being charged? There has to be some credible evidence to prosecute ..

edit on 29-11-2010 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am thrilled that you have finally had a personal experience of your own S.O.!
I have seen a few things that I cannot explain over a large span of years, and every event put me in that same state of mind in that I wasn't really concerned with anything but figuring out what I was looking at.
When you are in that moment.. it is really hard to pull yourself away long enough to think about getting a camera and worrying about proof for others. To be honest the idea only occurs to me in hindsite most of the time, but I am trying to be more mindful now. It would have been cool if you had grabbed a video camera, but I have been in that moment enough times to know that was about the last thing on your mind until the event was over.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I think the fact we are a species of intelligence living in a realm beyond our comprehension give us no place to even attempt to say what is right or wrong about the realm we exist in. Unfortunately in our grandeur in what we think is smart or intelligent is also the vice of our species. What it is I presume is the fact that we do not know so therefore it is nonexistent due to the nature it cannot be so, yet our lives our existence cannot be explained yet so wouldn't we therefore as well not exist? It is as well as that frame of mind to have in my opinion, we are ignorant to the idea's of a planescape of existence due to some form of intelligence however you want to define the universe we exist in. It is the aspect of seeing the unknown that or hearing about it that insue's such the rebellious different forms of thought, just for the comfort of thinking we are in control of how we exist, which is up for debate, and has been since we have been able to communicate with words. If you think about it, our minds are a work of art, it is virtually impossible to get minds in many numbers, the amount necessary to come to a conclusion on such marvels on the universe we live in. I do not care how smart you are how skeptical you are or how crazy you are, all in all their is no doubt that the universe realm we exist life we have is based on a creation, and at one point it had to be responding to some form of stimuli itself to be what it is. Cumbersome indeed.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthAboveIgnorance
As another option, and not to discredit what you saw, but is there a possibility that it was a meteorite entering the earths atmosphere? I've heard of meteorites sometimes breaking apart on entry due to expanding ice and rapid forming of water vapor. Is this a possibility?

Meteorites do not hover.

Comets have tails.

Jets/Helicopters/VSTOLs have blinking lights and make a ton of noise.

Ball lightening is plausable, but unlikely and still highly controversial.

Satillites remain stable in their movements, and do not make quick movements or directional changes (even though military sats can probably change direction, their movements will be slow and follow a pattern).

Nothing we know of can be 1 object flying in the sky, and split into 2 objects that dart off quickly.

The only thing close to that is ball lightening. And like I said, thats unlikely and remains a heated controversy.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have never seen any aliens, UFO'S,ghosts, but i have seen a bright yellowish light in front of my t.v. I would not of seen it , if my girlfriend had not woke me up.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

I know you're the logical minded kind of person and have already thought of this but i'm on the side of terrestial object of an experimental nature. However that still raises questions because if they are hiding technology that can give Earth a far superior space program then they are doing the entire human race a diservice. In fact i would argue it is a betrayal of the human race to keep such technology secret.

That's not to say aliens don't exist, i am sure they do, whether they have found us is a very different question.

But aren't you ignoring the many decades of sightings just like this? Aren't you ignoring the countless reported events in history? Like the "UFO battle" event that happened hundreds of years ago in Europe?

If we put the historical sightings into perspective, we are dealing with something far beyond our current government.

We are dealing with either
1) ET
2) Sub-terranian advanced civilization hiding from us
3) People from the future
4) Something even crazier

The only way you could think that all UFO events are Military Black Ops is if you suffer from Amnesia. You have to willingly forget the deep and complex history of UFO sightings that date back prior to the invention of the photographic camera.

Some recent sightings could be black ops, but the sightings in 1700 had to be something else.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe it was a falling star that was approaching you in a downward motion and when you took your eyes off it , that is why you said it seemed to move down. I also think that you saw it break up in two halves as it entered our atmosphere and then it faded out. PEACE.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Basically, stick that in your ATS pipe and smoke it!

Welcome to our world.

Maybe it was a shooting star, maybe it was your time for a revelation. Either way, an interesting tale!
edit on 29-11-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

He didn't say he was a believer. It is like a Catholic who learns all type of terrible things about the Church. All the Priests are liars and cheats; there probably is no Jesus Christ. The Church leaders are all hypocrite -- but he is still a Catholic.

These skeptics are hard headed -- they fall fast. You just as well make a believer out of "The Amazing Randi".

edit on 29-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

He has always been a believer, he just chose to keep lying to him self....like alot of people do,just like i am still doing...sad!

[ You cant trick your self but for so long ]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've only seen one unexplainable areal phenomena in my lifetime, but it was in broad daylight and witnessed by myself, my wife at the time, and my three chidren from that marriage. It was in 1996 and I think it was fall. I was driving the Chevrolet mini-van (you have to remember when this took place) and was about to pull in to the driveway of my deceased parents house that we had just moved into. I had been looking at this thing suspended in the sky for a few seconds and something in my mind was thinking it looked like a bicycle before I consciously acknowledged it. When I realized that I was looking at something that was not supposed to be there I suddenly snapped out of my stupor and really looked at the thing. At that point I asked "what the hell is that?" and I know they all saw it at the time, but only my younger son who is the middle child remembers seeing it now. It looked like a barbell or maybe a triangular arrangement of spheres and tubes that was turned so that it was almost on a plane with my line of sight. My son remembers it looking like a barbell. Anyway, I thought I'd race into the driveway where we could get out of the car and see it without having to worry about oncoming traffic but by the time I pulled in it was gone. We ran over the property from one end to the other to try to see it but it was no longer there. Recently, I was with my children for the holidays and the subject came up for the first time since it happened. My younger son suddenly asked me if I remembered seeing that thing in the air that looked like a barbell and I said "yeah, just as we were about to pull into the driveway" and my other kids were amazed because they had been making fun of him for years thinking he had made it up. For some reason, my oldest son and my daughter who is the youngest don't have any memory of this. My ex-wife hasn't said whether or not she remembers as she is drunk all the time and most of what she says is not based on reality anyway.
edit on 29-11-2010 by wtbengineer because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm ignoring nothing, the battle you speak of that was hundreds of years ago is no dobut lost in mythology, a meteor strike back then would be seen as a battle. In more modern and recordable times, well i am sorry but i come down on the side of advanced human technology. The official history of the Nazi experiments is fascinating enough when it comes to things like the Nazi Bell. They took a ton of the best scientists, locked them up and told them their families would die if they didn't come up with something. That knid of motivation will create some novel technology.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Hello,

I have had my fair share of experiences in relation to yours. Also a resident of Arizona.

Some experiences were very profound however the most odd one was a year or two ago.

A red star lingered in the sky, not like a dim ball of red light but like a giant red light far out in the sky. Red like a street light and as bright as all the stars in the sky. It lingered there for about 30 min, I even got to get a few people to watch it with me. The star moved to the right a little bit, then started to head off until it got lesser and lesser and eventually dimmed to nothingness.

No, it wasn't a star, No it wasn't a plane, and No it wasn't a meteorite. The feeling from it was quite odd, as if what I perceived as my every day reality was set off tangent for a second in the present moment of awe and wonder.
edit on 29-11-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I remain skeptical. My primary reasons are that we represent a relatively mundane existence when compared against the wonders of the galaxy available to an interstellar species. Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required. I can't imagine any intelligent species wasting that energy on us when the entire galaxy calls.

Compared to a further galaxy, we have a HUGE big ball of energy right by us that we all see everyday...unless its really cloudy.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Why does everything gotta happen in Az? lol

Thank you for your recounting of the event. I am rather curious about this effect of "splitting" that is so often described. I have a couple of "theories", but all they are is just thoughts, since there is absolutely no way to really approach proving them.

1) The splitting effect is caused by some sort of physics phenomenon of ftl travel.. maybe a jump to warp or hyperspace or whatever it should be called.

2) Maybe these vessels are actually conglamerations of "pods" and they routinely function in this manner, staying as one unit until needing to run off on missions.

Since this is all highly speculative anyways, what if the splitting is actually not splitting at all? What if it is the same object occupying different space at the same time can't certain sub atomic particles be in 2 places at once or something along those lines?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join