It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks for shareing this observation was very interresting to read. Pretty neat with the ipad at hand so you could check up on the light right there in the moment. Even more amazing? to see a skeptic write such a thread thumbs up. Glad you had the experience. Star and Flag

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skeptic,

I am at a loss for words, never thought I would see this day.

Thanks for sharing.

RT

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would like to share a sighting I had many years ago that is similar to what SO witnessed.

I was renting a house for a week in the New Mexico desert just south of Santa Fe. It was early one morning and dawn was breaking over the horizon. Since I love to witness the sun coming up over the desert in the early morning, I didn't question why on this one morning I had an overwhelming compulsion to get up out of bed immediately upon waking and go look out the bedroom window that was facing to the west. Gazing out the window, I saw what looked to be an early morning star in the western sky shining briliantly in the rays of the sun coming up on the eastern horizon. Or so I thought. When my brain slowly awakened as I was gazing at this star, I realized that what I was looking at was not a star at all but instead an object that looked like and was shaped like a star in the earth's sky/atmosphere, with a top point and two points on the right and left side each, shaped exactly like a star. There was too much light in the sky at this point for any stars in the night sky to be visible. Excited, I asked my then husband to get up and come and look at this object and as we were both looking at it, the star shaped object suddenly started spliting apart, with the top "point" drifting north of the object, the two "points" on the right side of the object drifting further to its right, the two left "points" drifting further to its left, all with precision timing and now hovering equal distances from the center of the star. Stunned at what we were witnessing, I grabbed my camera and wanted to take a picture, but I suddently became very afraid and decided against running outside with my camera to attemp a photo, as these objects didn't appear too far away from where we were located (okay and maybe from reading Communion, that was in the back of my mind.... didn't want that experience!). Within 30 seconds time after the seperation, all of the objects simultaneously disappeared.

Later that morning I called my friend in the area and excitedly told her what we saw. She recommended that we go and take a look at the petroglyphs that were nearby where we were staying because I would be interested in what we would find. It was on private land, and I was not thrilled to be trespassing on someone's land, but we went anyway, I was just too curious (and as karma would have it, ripped my pants on the barbed wire fence to get in!). Looking through the petroglyph rocks at the various drawings the then local Indian tribe had drawn on the rocks, we came across several drawings of the same shaped star object we had witnessed that morning, only these petroglyphs were 5,000 years old! They had drawn pictures of their 'star brothers' on the rocks and indeed there were some strange human like but obviously not human drawings beside the star shaped ships. ( I took many pictures, but unfortunately, lost them all in Katrina, so my ex is basically my only witness to all of this, sorry to say I have nothing to show anyone now.)

Anyway, I have witnesses some unexplainable things in the sky over the years, but nothing compared to that one morning when this object split apart with so much precision and then vanished, It was incredible and very similar to what SO describes. I just don't have any logical explanation that fits what I saw.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
How exciting! There are far too many credible witnesses for me to doubt in the existance of extra terrestrial spacecraft.

While what I saw was extraordinary, and defies explanation based on our best forward-looking speculation on the state of advanced terrestrial technology, it's not absolute that it may be of otherworldly origin.

If "it" were close to my position in Phoenix, it could be something terrestrial on a test run.

It "it" was many hundreds of miles away, the relative speed would seem to rule out a terrestrial origin.

Given the circumstances, it's impossible to tell the difference.

Originally posted by Khurzon
I've seen some odd craft over Phoenix myself, during some late night hours in the past, but never anything like what you've described.

While I observed it in Phoenix, it's impossible to know if it was "over" phoenix. Based on the general direction, it could have just as easily been "over" Denver or Minneapolis for that matter. There was not context from which to judge distance.

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Does this mean you will be now known as Overlord only?

Being a "skeptic" is a state of mind that generally supports the notion of conspiracy theories and/or explanations for events beyond the generally accepted story. The concept of "skeptic" has received some "bad press" lately.

Originally posted by empireoflizards
As far as 'expense' to travel the stars, well, that seems to be as big an assumption as the ones I have already thrown out there. Interesting new ideas in physics are starting to become somewhat looked at seriously that would imply unnecessary limitations in our conventional models of energy systems.

Sure, but there is still a great deal of "expense" related to bringing these conceptual energy systems to reality, as well as creating and fueling them.

Consider contemporary exploration. It's still very expensive to summit Mount Everest, visit lost tribes in Central America, or roam the deepest portions of the ocean. With our current state of relatively inexpensive world travel, many things on this planet are still very expensive to reach. Extend that idea to the massive expanse of our galaxy, and the mind-numbing amount of things to explore much more interesting than us, and it would seem as though "we" would be very low on the list of priorities.

Originally posted by Dogdish
ou remain skeptical?
In light of your OP, I'm not sure that you can have it both ways, realistically.

Given what I know (I started life after high school wanting to be a cosmologist/physiscst), what I saw would seem to be well beyond existing human technology -- IF what I saw was extremely far away. Certainly, if it were close, I would have heard "something" in the cool quiet air of the Phoenix valley. That would seem to support that it may have been quite distant. But in the end, I have no way to know for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required.

Also, I tend to reject any notion that our existence here might be due to any off-planet influence as evolution tells us differently (unless you subscribe to the possibility that all life on earth was seeded).

"expense" and "cost" are terrestrial terms i find difficult to believe would be a cornerstone in any ftl-capable species...

I don't see how seeding and natural evolution could not go hand in hand.

it seems your skeptisism is doing more harm than good to nurturing an open mind and exercising a borad perspective towards life and existence

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So all of a sudden a star/asteroid/meteor whatever passing through our solar system is enough to warrant your belief in extraterrestrials? How does this even defy explanation? I bet Tom Cruise would love to talk to you about such a sighting.

It's obviously either a satellite or an unmarked star, i've seen satellites moving through the sky and they appear exactly like a star only moving y'know?

Open your mind to the possibilities and stop throwing out the most plausible possibilities.

Occams razor my friend, deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Actually if fusion Nuclear technology was mastered energy would be very cheap, and would prob. change the dynamic of life on earth, so based off of this notion in the primitive thinking that is aloud within our realm of reasoning anything could be possible. Whatever the case its extraordinary to see something in the sky that does not look familiar or hold a logical explanation within our reasoning, especially when the centrifuge of thoughts that come to mind hold no complex explanation for it except for unknown. Its almost exciting to take part in such an event even if your outside look in on it. It beckons bewilder and perhaps the notion that their are bigger things then ourselves in the realm of reasoning we think we understand.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i had an encounter of the 7th kind. it happened on a camping trip in northern ontario, canada. i will omit any reference to the people who accompanied me to protect their identities.

after the usual camping hooliganism that goes on labour day weekends, i.e. beer, alcohol, music, hamburgers etc. everyone called it quits and went to sleep.

at about 3:30 am i woke up to go to the bathroom. i didn't have a flashlight that plus the fact the outhouse was a disgusting mess, i walked the trail to an unoccupied campsite. it was a bright moon, so seeing where i was going was not a problem.

as i walked to the campsite, i saw a woman step out of the bushes about 40 ft in front of me and stand there. she was tall and skinny and appeared to be naked.

she had dark, dark eyes, almond looking and shiny. her body looked pale blue, but it was hard to tell in the moonlight. she was completely hairless, aside from what appeared to long black strands of hair on her head. her hair was disheveled and her breasts were plump and in porportion to her body.

she also had a cold, emotionless demeaner and didn't look alive, if that makes any sense. it also felt like i was alone and the world was empty. it felt outworldly.

then i can only describe like a pull, that i couldn't resist even if i tried, but i didn't. it felt like i wasn't moving but gliding towards her. i can only assume i was not in control of my actions or my body, but now was a passenger observing and feeling events around me.

when i got to her, she laid on the floor and spread her legs. i felt detached but aroused and in an almost robotic automated manner i unzipped my pants and copulated with her. she felt cold and scaly, but was obviously aroused, even though outwardly her expression didn't change.

i looked into her eyes and i could clearly see see had no eyelids, just dark almond eyes with no white part.

i felt like a stallion studding a mare. then after about 10 mins, out of nowhere i just spontenously ejaculated inside her and felt a weird energy come over me. i then got up and stood there. i tried to move but i felt a force holding me in a suspended animation.

she got up looked at me and it felt like she smiled, but her facial expression didn't change. she turned around and walked back into the bush.

after about five minutes i could move again, i still felt that empty feeling and i sat down and had a smoke. i had that smoke and was thinking to myself, did that just f-ing happen. did i just rock an alien chick for 10 mins.

the weird part is that it feels like a vivid experience yet detached from my consciousness. like watching a movie of yourselve walking around eating dinner etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
it baffles me how there are still such stern critics on the subject of "extra-terrestrials" or "aliens" ... we have "aliens" on earth, depending upon which country you live. Why is it so ridiculous that there are outer-spacial neighbors or "aliens" who developed similarly to how we did? Hawking believes in aliens, Michio Kaku believes in aliens, the VATICAN says it's okay to believe in aliens... YET... there remain those dusty stiffs who refuse to believe or even honestly entertain the idea of a UFO.

There is life in rocks in lava, under water in the deepest darkest possible local one could imagine, in environments so toxic nothing would be theoretically thought to be able to endure... yet they do... life finds a way...

I think it is ridiculous NOT to entertain or accept the possibility of "alien" life.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is a good enough place to share this latest email I just received:

MOFFETT FIELD, Calif. -- NASA will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. PST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.
www.nasa.gov...

Looks like Christmas 2012 may be coming sooner than we thought!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

It was probably an escaped mental patient from Venus

Sir on some planets we call that rape, if i was you i'd contact your space lawyer and ask him how much time you'd be doing with Insect Bubba before you think your getting off free

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

that was a brave post, and I will take your word for it. I have heard story's like that before. Pretty bizarre man.

Hey you might have an alien baby somewhere up in space somewhere
"joking"

Who knows maybe your alien kid is a ruler over an alien civ somewhere. getting ready to make contact with us via hybrids.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

sounds not to far off from my sighting apart from mine being during the day, not night.

if they are technology from earth or where ever, they are perfectly disguised in a night sky, 99% of people would not pay them attention, unless they were watching them over a long period and witnessed them do things that makes you scratch your head.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Because a UFO is what it is, UNIDENTIFIED. This problem lies between faith and evidence, i see this everday in arguments between christians and atheists.

How can you expect logical and intelligent people to believe in something that which has no proof? Seriously show me one piece of evidence that would change my mind on the matter, eyewitness accounts and photos with "objects" that "look" like spaceships are as unreliable as #.

I personally believe that Aliens exist although i do not agree that they have ever come to or even been near earth, with the exception of those microbes that dude found that one time that were able to reproduce/replicate without D.N.A

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I remain skeptical. My primary reasons are that we represent a relatively mundane existence when compared against the wonders of the galaxy available to an interstellar species. Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required. I can't imagine any intelligent species wasting that energy on us when the entire galaxy calls.

I remain skeptical as to the potential value we might represent to any advanced interstellar species.

Great post SO, but I disagree totally with the notion that we wouldn't be interesting to an advanced race. Actually I disagree that EARTH wouldn't be interesting. I was talking to Richard Dolan about this exact subject last summer at the Roswell July 4th thingy. We took humans completely out of the discussion and he talked about the wonders of earth and the diversity of the plants and animals here...

When we as a species develop the means to traverse the galaxy with a renewable, or easily obtained along the way source of energy, don't you think WE would be interested in a planet as diverse as ours? Of course we would I think....

Or maybe they're wondering how the hell we built the pyramids....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Great report Overlord... One little detail missing I'd truly love to know. Can you give the object's apparent magnitude ? How bright was it in comparison to Capella.?
edit on 29-11-2010 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Im not sure if i have ever seen a UFO, although i want to believe (really). Your sighting could be extra-terrestrial in which case you have become an observer, possibily to serve a purpose now or later for them. However it could be natural phenomenon, ball lighting ect. Its so hard to tell its best to keep an open mind.

Closing: The universe is so big that i am suprised we have not been vistited before...Maybe there already here...LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Given what I know (I started life after high school wanting to be a cosmologist/physiscst), what I saw would seem to be well beyond existing human technology -- IF what I saw was extremely far away. Certainly, if it were close, I would have heard "something" in the cool quiet air of the Phoenix valley. That would seem to support that it may have been quite distant. But in the end, I have no way to know for sure.

What you saw was impossible, but you saw it. The impossible is called "a miracle" -- and "Act of God". UFO Sightings are "Acts of God". There have been millions of them, but no evidence – just lots of controversy – those are the characteristics of “Acts of God”.

Witness of “Acts of God” cause profound after effects – I’ve had lots of them.

Your site is being used by God to announce his absolutely for sure existence. There have been many events discussed on your site, which could not have happened, but they did. These events and the discussion of them will be used as a part of the announcement.

You were contacted on purpose -- so you would realize that what I have said in this post.

I've been working with extraterrestrial presence for 25 years on a daily basis. The selection of your site will make the site owners lots of money.

DON’T IGNORE WHAT I TELL YOU HERE.

edit on 29-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

you was really looking at the whole time a cloaked triangle camouflaged in the clouds letting go 2 probes, its the 3 star method. Good to see your a believer

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

He didn't say he was a believer. It is like a Catholic who learns all type of terrible things about the Church. All the Priests are liars and cheats; there probably is no Jesus Christ. The Church leaders are all hypocrite -- but he is still a Catholic.

These skeptics are hard headed -- they fall fast. You just as well make a believer out of "The Amazing Randi".

edit on 29-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join