It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackghost

Most important post in thread, (besides OP). Star for yousa.
You have to get out there and look to see them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Like you...I would need to see one for myself. So far I haven't. Thanks for sharing this information Sir.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adept2u

Capella Star!!

Ok on October the 9th and 10th I saw what you saw, and I've been seeing it in the direction of Capella. adept2u.blogspot.com...

I don't suppose I have much to add except you aren't alone. I've been about stuck to the sky since before I saw it and ever since then about every night.

Well although yours was in another state on a different date it does sorta, kinda, maybe corroborates OP in that there is something unexplainable (at this time) in the skies lately.

Very cool!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How exciting! There are far too many credible witnesses for me to doubt in the existance of extra terrestrial spacecraft. We have had astronauts, airoplane pilots, police officers, people from all over the world come forward with their experiences. Many who ceratinly know the difference between a plane, weather balloon etc. Many who had more to lose than gain by coming forward.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Really when a member comes forward with an extraordinary claim about anomalous lights in the sky it is how it is presented which makes it or breaks it within this community.

Yes, it's nice that Skeptic Overload didn't title the topic, "Saw real alien craft OMG! Proof Positive! Debunkers LOLZ!" That would have been met with a bit more friction.

Generally, however, if a person sees something, we take them at their word, not having anything really to "debunk." Unusual light in the sky. Not a star, planet. meteor or known satellite. Apparently divided in two with the components taking off. What's to debunk? Could have been a lot of things.

And the witness gets a virtual cookie.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Human_Alien

That is not necessarily true about the bashing,

What bashing? From me? Never (especially on the owners thread)

what set SO's thread apart was the way he describes and documents it, even down to planets I have never heard of before.

Wholeheartedly agree!

stars and flags count which they do, it simply means if you are lying your going to get hung and fast.

You realize SO owns those stars and flags which means diddly to him, right? (I'm just kiddin' withcha. I know what you mean)

I liked that one post who now wants to buy an iPod due to this thread!
Oh the power of suggestion is fascinating.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am skeptic myself, i do my best to convice others they are not real, to put out the flaws in thier obsevrations, yet it almost seems like i am made to think like that, i use to believe in them, untill one night i was walking home and i saw this huge round cloud moving at incredible speeds.

At that moment i had a sudden shick down my spine, as if i felt the presence of them, "it took them a really long time to make it, so why should they share it with a species that wouldnt respect it" It no longer appeared like a cloud, it had lights metal, like a massive ship i see in my dreams, and it was at that moment i stopped believeing.

I must have thought about it in my sleep, because when i woke up, i did no believe in any ufo sighting, and refused to acknowledge the possibltiy of beiong visted by an alien race (or our future desendants) It was as if, i was forced to think it, even to this day, i feel ...wrong, for even typing this out. That i am being judged in some way, perhaps that is merely the logic of my brain telling me its not true and that i am delsuional.

I find the possibltiy of me being mentally insane more plausible then aliens visting, we are ants on a sidewalk, do you stop to ants and say "greetings i bring you trinkets i bring you beads i bring you themonuclear energy dna reading technogloy" no, if that is what you do when you see ants then you have probelms.

So i return to my orginal point, we are not being visted, let it go. There is no point in you wasting what little time you have on this earth or merely hope that someone might vist, there is no point it is not logical. You are wasting your time.

Personally i would be nice to meet one, no matter the situation, just the chance to meet one, would be anyone dream come true, but sadly we are kepted away from a distance because of our violent nature perhaps.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

I think you might be one of them-there implantees with that denial-chip placed in the lower quadrant of your pineal gland!
(Or a Timothy Leery wanna-be and just having a flash-back)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Of course they are real. I didn't mean to sound doubtful. I have NO DOUBT. I just feel cheated in never having seen one myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Fascinating!

I've seen some odd craft over Phoenix myself, during some late night hours in the past, but never anything like what you've described.
I think our military has some of this tech, but nothing like what you describe.
* looks both ways *
I also have a sneaking suspicion that there is some kind of commerce/exchange/interaction going on around these parts... In an "under our noses" kind of way.

Well...things in the sky can be puzzling, but... It's the stuff you see on or near the ground that you really have to pull your grey hairs over,,,

Unidentified Object

It caught me when I least expected;
strangeness...un-identified.
Phantom recollective phrases,
emerging in my mind...

Whats that?! who's it!?
Why and how!?!
Pricklings up my spine...
The dawning realization sowing,
a step into this "out of time"...

Down the hole the rabbit goes...
Over the step the red pill rolls...
Beckons the man in the galaxy robe...
to a place beyond all time.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of ufo's in my life so far. The case you discribed sure sounds like a real 'out of this planet' one..

The most interresting part of your story is that the ufo 'falls apart' in 2 pieces wich each fly away in another direction. I can't think of anything 'normal' to explain that..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Great description of the time/place etc. Does this mean you will be now known as Overlord only?

I have seen things, too. Usually remote, as is yours.

Wouldn't it be nice to see something close enough in daytime to see details?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Swamp gas.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My wife/kid and I saw one up close, up close as in right above the tree tops. Its a case report on MUFON. If this site would let me post it id be glad to share the link with you all to read the case report yourselves and ask questions. Not trying to undermine this post but i guess it will have to wait until i reach 20 posts before i can post it.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Blackghost because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by Blackghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Congratulations on a fine piece of observation/reportage.

My wife has a saying that probably describes what you are feeling about this sighting: "Reality is when it happens to YOU!"

Welcome to the club (smile).....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by dplum517
It will now be much easier for your imagination to accept the infinite reasons of why alien beings would want to come here.

I remain skeptical. My primary reasons are that we represent a relatively mundane existence when compared against the wonders of the galaxy available to an interstellar species. Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required. I can't imagine any intelligent species wasting that energy on us when the entire galaxy calls.

On a technical level...I agree strongly about our mundane existence. However, it's here where my speculation/imagination kicks in. Perhaps every galactic race is unique in development. Perhaps we are exploring avenues of evolution that keep ET's on the edge of their seat. It's been discussed that we have unique 'souls' and unique ways of emotional expression that they could seriously learn from.

As far as 'expense' to travel the stars, well, that seems to be as big an assumption as the ones I have already thrown out there. Interesting new ideas in physics are starting to become somewhat looked at seriously that would imply unnecessary limitations in our conventional models of energy systems. Quantum physics is still only in theory stages, but early experiments seem promising, and that's where it all starts. Again, my speculation, but once a certain level of technology is reached, energy resource becomes no longer problematic. Energy is all around us...a form of dynamic movement within the very space itself that only needs to be tapped. And as for long distance traverse? Again, we are still trying to figure out what 'space', the 'nothing' between matter, really is.

edit on 29-11-2010 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by empireoflizards because: typos

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Seeing is believing my friend. I've done enough research on the subject to feel that there has to be something real going on. Although, I've never seen things in the night sky that made me say for certain that what I saw was out of this world. I think deep down, I can't fully embrace the subject until I myself can witness an extraordinary event like yourself. There is just too many coincidences and plausible witnesses to brush these sightings under the table. I would relish the chance to witness an extraordinary sighting to help justify the amount of time I've spent on this interesting subject. I would also give my left foot if my wife would witness it at the same time. She's a skeptic and gets nervous about the topic. Than I wouldn't have to here her always complaining I read too much on the subject.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I remain skeptical. My primary reasons are that we represent a relatively mundane existence when compared against the wonders of the galaxy available to an interstellar species. Even very advanced technology -- if it exists at all -- capable of traversing the stars will be exceptionally "expensive" in terms of the cost of energy required. I can't imagine any intelligent species wasting that energy on us when the entire galaxy calls.

You remain skeptical?
In light of your OP, I'm not sure that you can have it both ways, realistically.

However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.

All you have is my word; the word of someone who habitually doubted extraordinary explanations of things like this, suddenly compelled to post his observations of something extraordinary.
edit on 29-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: typo

It's either: They were here for a reason, therefore we're "worthy", or; they got here by accident. (Not very becoming in light of their very advanced technology, and completely in the face of the "wasting that energy" theory.)

Which is it then?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
First off I wanted to thank you for the great thread! It's not only great to hear about another credible UFO sighting, but what means a lot to me... is your previous skepticism towards the subject prior to this experience.

Expensive can also be used to describe the amount of energy required to operate such a hypothetical vessel -- weighed against the potential for any gain from expending that energy for simply watching us.

Expensive can also be applied to the process (time, materials, economics) of building such a vessel -- and again, considering if the cost-benefit analysis is worth coming here to see what we're doing (when compared to the unimaginable benefits of high-science elsewhere in the galaxy).

And yes, no matter how much one watches Star Trek or other speculative fiction where the future seems to have no discernible economy comparable to ours, the simple fact is that vessels such as this would require people's time to create... not counting the cost of acquiring necessary materials.

Once the costs in energy, time, and materials are factored, I find it difficult to consider that we pathetic humans lumbering along on this planet would hold a higher level of interest than the plethora of knowledge represented by the rest of the galaxy. But that's just me.

Just wanted to quickly interject here... but whose to say "they" haven't become so advanced, that the costs it takes to produce such a craft and get it here has become so insignificant... over the course of their advancement.... that this really isn't a factor? That because of their advancements, maybe millions of years ahead of ours, they have discovered an efficient means of transportation across the universe

I think IF extraterrestrials exist, which a lot of speculative evidence suggests they do, it is fairly safe to assume that these extraterrestrial species are potentially billions, if not millions of years more advanced than us. And if so, I think it's also safe to assume that with that amount of time for advancement, a ET species would be able to engineer an efficient means of transportation across the universe.

edit on 29-11-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yeah man, booze and cigarettes rule, and people have UFO encounters constantly these days. I had one back in 2007. Cool post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join