It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 17
218
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


That post was a reply to my post that we have proof of UFOs but no proof of Aliens? lol, weird response...

And it's actually not "Gray," it's pretty black and white. Aliens have either been visiting our planet or they haven't. You can't have it both ways. Like I said earlier, we have tons of proof of UFOs but no proof of actual space aliens.




posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


That post was a reply to my post that we have proof of UFOs but no proof of Aliens? lol, weird response...

And it's actually not "Gray," it's pretty black and white. Aliens have either been visiting our planet or they haven't. You can't have it both ways. Like I said earlier, we have tons of proof of UFOs but no proof of actual space aliens.


Tell that to me, my dog, my bruises, my regression session (and many other 'things) from 1997.

I rest my case and we thank you for shopping (for an alternative reality) with us today. Please be sure to pick up your lovely parting gifts.

PS Your avatar just creeps me out for some reason
edit on 30-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: to add PS



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


That post was a reply to my post that we have proof of UFOs but no proof of Aliens? lol, weird response...

And it's actually not "Gray," it's pretty black and white. Aliens have either been visiting our planet or they haven't. You can't have it both ways. Like I said earlier, we have tons of proof of UFOs but no proof of actual space aliens.


Tell that to me, my dog, my bruises, my regression session (and many other 'things) from 1997.

I rest my case and we thank you for shopping (for reality) with us today. Please be sure to pick up your lovely parting gifts.


Oh okay, you've been abducted and implanted and all that good stuff?

Something tells me you can't prove that it was "extraterrestrial" though.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 


Hello to all, new guy on the block here. Just became a member a day or two ago & this will be my first post.
I'm already impressed with the site & many of the comments to the SO sighting.

I've been associated with the UFO phenomenon for over 50 years. I've found that the UFO experience is quite common. Latest results have included that 14% of the U.S. population has seen something they can't quite identify. That figures to over 42,000,000 of us. World wide the numbers are staggering. I'd love to see the skeptic/debunker community take a serious look at the top 5% (or the very best) US sightings (that's over 2,000,000 cases) & then hear the lame explanations. These cases would include close encounters, landing trace events, photos & videos, humanoid or pilot sightings, abductions, and more. These UFO cases would invove law enforcement, the military, pilots, astronauts, and sane people from every walk of life one can name. They can be your brother, sister, or next door neighbor, or you. Congrats to SO---& everyone keep looking up!



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just my two shillings. But it sounds to me like you were just at the right place, at the right time, to witness a NASA / Military exercise or experiment of some sort.

The US has always kept it's latest technology under wraps for obvious, and not so obvious, reasons. And I tend to believe that 90% of sightings amount to nothing, and another 9.9% are NASA / Military related. Although that 9.9% seems to be growing a little.

I wouldn't call my idea salient. But on this thread, I don't think salient is what you're going to get.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Klassified because: to not two



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


That post was a reply to my post that we have proof of UFOs but no proof of Aliens? lol, weird response...

And it's actually not "Gray," it's pretty black and white. Aliens have either been visiting our planet or they haven't. You can't have it both ways. Like I said earlier, we have tons of proof of UFOs but no proof of actual space aliens.


Tell that to me, my dog, my bruises, my regression session (and many other 'things) from 1997.

I rest my case and we thank you for shopping (for reality) with us today. Please be sure to pick up your lovely parting gifts.


Oh okay, you've been abducted and implanted and all that good stuff?

Something tells me you can't prove that it was "extraterrestrial" though.


Pardon me (us) for debating on this thread but.................if it wasn't extraterrestrial that means, I would have to give way too much credit to Humans. And somehow, my inner instincts just can't.

I may be wrong though. It could very well have been and then that opens up a whole different reality wouldn't it? How the hell did they do it and...............why?

I just assume it was off-world that way I don't have that many questions. I would just remain humble in my lack of understanding of alien agendas.

But, I am opened to suggestions though. I've been opened for over 13 years now.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program "Lights of Phoenix"



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Little update speculative pertaining to Decembers' announcement from NASA (which may have some bearing to this thread. Maybe there is a scalar weapon war going on?):


Has NASA found life near Saturn?This one could be a doozy!Dec 2nd News Conference

NASA has called a 2 p.m. news conference for Thursday "to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."

Speculation is growing that NASA has discovered life on one of Saturn's moons.

The space agency did not release more details, but the list of news conference participants is telling, according to blogger Jason Kottke.

kottke.org...



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ok so heres one for you. in 1979 i was about 10 years old and was going to school at west mound street elementry in columbus,ohio it was a brite day sun was shining all was well. or so we thought. we were not alone there was three of us boys out in the field at recess the rest of the class was closer to the school. any way we were sitting against the football tackling dummys. and talking about kid stuff and i dont know why but i happened to look up and all i could see was a big metal flat pie pan looking thing about 10 feet above our heads. it was about 30-40 feet across so i told the other guys. we all looked up and we walked out from under it. at that time beeing as small as i was all i noticed was an outer ring spinning around and some orange paint. so we all ran for the building and as the bell rang we went inside and told the teacher. she went to the window and looked out and seen it to. now buy this time the whole class was at the window and seen it. as far as i know the class next door seen it to, but i dont think any record of it was taken at school. years later under hipnosis i recalled more details. the orange paint that i seen was used by (GE) if you have ever owned a ge cb radio or some of their other electronics you will know what i mean. also i recalled the white helmet that the pilot wore. and the flight suit. so heres a man made craft in 1979 that was built by ge and company. ive never seen it again but that goes to show that we had ufo flight aviable back then.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good on you SO, for documenting this. I can't think of a conventional Terrestrial explanation, and that's unusual. One thing is for certain -- until further evidence comes forward, you saw a UFO (or two).

I gotta say, I'm somewhat jealous.......... you walked outside to look for critters, and there it is. I've been doing NV surveys for almost three years, and spend a fair amount of time watching the skies in our extremely clear air. Nothing of any import for me since I've been watching for it. Eight years ago, m'Bride and I were on the beach (and yes, there was a small amount of wine involved)....... and we saw something that resonates to me as similar to your quicktime video. ........

At first I thought it was a flare.......... it came down, orangeish and slowly and then when it was close to the horizon, it SHOT off to the right (east) parallel to the ocean and turned a purplish color. We watched it the few seconds until it was out of sight.

What to do with such a sighting? I would think of contacting MUFON or similar to at least have it documented and perhaps there are others around you that saw it as well, that would be alerted by reading MUFON's database.

It's sorta life-changing.......... in the way it makes you think. You know?



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
interesting read Op

looking at the bbc website a few moments ago, they had this to add to the ever increasingly laughable backlash

enjoy the chuckle
bbc partial/impartial joviality



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


This should definitely have it's own thread .. if it doesn't already ... Hey! Why don't I check!!!

If it doesn't have it's own thread ... could you please make one for us HA?

Aaah ... found several ...
edit on 30/11/10 by Horza because: reply to self



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Little update speculative pertaining to Decembers' announcement from NASA (which may have some bearing to this thread. Maybe there is a scalar weapon war going on?):


Has NASA found life near Saturn?This one could be a doozy!Dec 2nd News Conference

NASA has called a 2 p.m. news conference for Thursday "to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."

Speculation is growing that NASA has discovered life on one of Saturn's moons.

The space agency did not release more details, but the list of news conference participants is telling, according to blogger Jason Kottke.

kottke.org...


How do you get scalar weapon war from the above? I am completely mystified as to how you made that leap.

IRM



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan


The most sensible post in this thread.

It amazes me that so many people, even so called "skeptics", jump to conclusions when they don't fully understand what they've witnessed. Call it a UFO, but saying it "defies terrestrial explanation" when you don't know what technology or phenomenon is behind this is rather foolish in my opinion. A simple "I don't know" as stated by The Shrike, is the most appropriate answer at this stage.


maybe you just do not understand why people jump to those conclusions, and say it defies terrestrial explanation.
you right to be skeptical, but speaking from my own experience of what i saw it did defy terrestrial explanation, at least that we have been told about.

either way not terrestrial according to what we are allowed to know about. which may be why its easy to jump to conclusions. i do not exactly see governments claiming they are their technology, or informing us about what people are seeing. they act like these things do not exists, so when people see it for themselves and understand the opposite is it any wonder they think other worldly seeing as though all knowledge of such things is denied/ignored by governments of earth, and those who do not ignore it claim it is not them or theirs.


Not meaning to show any disrespect for your opinion because you are entitled to it as is everyone. However, you sound like a young thinker, or a tyro. It is very easy to understand why people jump to conclusions. It has to do with how you've experienced the world. Nowadays, it's fashionable to think of ET as an explanation for everything associated with UFOs. There is another school of thought that is just as far out as ETH. And that is the interdimensional hypothesis. It's as unprovable as ETH but it requires a different way of thinking in that the ETH can be espoused by anyone without any special consideration because it is the most popular explanation and we are swamped by all kinds of sources from TV, newspapers, movies, etc.

OTOH, the interdimensional hypothesis is limited to a smaller amount of sources the most popular being UFOlogist (among many other hats) Jacques Vallee. Look him up.

UFOs defy conventional aerodynamically thinking but to automatically think extra-terrestrial is not staying with the program of common sense, logic, and reason. The do not exist in hearsay. And what do you mean by
"...according to what we are allowed to know about."? Who is restricting your knowledge? What do you want to know and how do you know that someone (governments) know anything you don't? And why do you blame governments for not getting involved with the public about UFOs? Haven't you noticed the critical situation that the various governments find themselves in? All you hear and read about is war, armaments, more sophisticated weapons, etc. No branch of any government is geared to provide the public with information about something that defies explanation. UFOs are our business, the public's. We deal with it because it's the public that is involved.

There are no captured craft, no alien bodies in pickle jars, no one working on back-engineering. These are all romantic notions with not a shred of evidence. If there was evidence for any of this, life on this planet would have changed long ago. Have we changed? Not at all, not one iota. All of us still go to sleep knowing we are going to wake up to the same world as the day before with only new problems to let us know it is still not yesterday.

ETH? No one knows.

edit on 30-11-2010 by The Shrike because: Change meaning.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Some times I like to think that UFO's are our future evolved states muttering through time and space and some times messing up and popping into the wrong time frame. They cannot survive long since everything moves so slow now. How could something, over a vast amount of cosmic possibilities, look so much like ourselves? People who have reported being abducted say they have some kind of ESP. How is it that they hear their voices so clear? What if they are trying to affect their own genealogy in some kind of backwards in causality time experiment?

I think I may have been visited before. I have had white hairs all over my mustache, my entire right nostril is filled with purely white hairs, and some are on the inside of my right eyebrow and eyelashes. Someone in a psychiatric facility once told me that is where they have doctored me. Could I be my own great great...) grandson?

I was playing my heart out on an acoustic with many questions and worries on my mind in a prayer-like state for my granddad to be healed of his physical ailments. I immediately looked to God as if He was in the stars. Two brights lights (keeping in mind how the eye works and plays tricks when looking quickly up into space) were for a split second suspended in time and quickly zipped off like one sees in movies. I had a good gut feeling that maybe some day when my soul defrays into the heavens that I will some day visit myself in some terrestrial form to pick up the pieces where my soul ventured through death itself and life chased me on a journey.

Does anyone else think like this when it comes to life and the unknown? I already can perceive the planet as the opposite of a sphere, like the inside of a do-nut, or like cutting an orange horizontally around and peeling it back in a radial manner. They killed people for saying the earth orbits the sun. I say let's reject science and go back to the basics. Why imagine that space is held outside of a sphere? We all can grasp stars. They are in all of your eyes and I watch life flash between us all.



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think i have the solution to the white hairs in your nose.They come from a rare condition called coc aineitis.This condition is treatable and will go away on its own .



posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It is just a story.

How did this get so many flags?

Ah....its the site owners story.

So that warrants so many flags? I have read other stories on here just as valid (ie, no proof) with little to no flags.

Hmmmm.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodgame
It is just a story.

How did this get so many flags?

Ah....its the site owners story.

So that warrants so many flags? I have read other stories on here just as valid (ie, no proof) with little to no flags.

Hmmmm.


Apparently the word of a mod or site owner is more valuable than the word of other members on this site.
You're deemed less credible and not as qualified to report on the subject.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Not meaning to show any disrespect for your opinion because you are entitled to it as is everyone. However, you sound like a young thinker, or a tyro. It is very easy to understand why people jump to conclusions. It has to do with how you've experienced the world. Nowadays, it's fashionable to think of ET as an explanation for everything associated with UFOs. There is another school of thought that is just as far out as ETH. And that is the interdimensional hypothesis. It's as unprovable as ETH but it requires a different way of thinking in that the ETH can be espoused by anyone without any special consideration because it is the most popular explanation and we are swamped by all kinds of sources from TV, newspapers, movies, etc.

OTOH, the interdimensional hypothesis is limited to a smaller amount of sources the most popular being UFOlogist (among many other hats) Jacques Vallee. Look him up.

UFOs defy conventional aerodynamically thinking but to automatically think extra-terrestrial is not staying with the program of common sense, logic, and reason. The do not exist in hearsay. And what do you mean by
"...according to what we are allowed to know about."? Who is restricting your knowledge? What do you want to know and how do you know that someone (governments) know anything you don't? And why do you blame governments for not getting involved with the public about UFOs? Haven't you noticed the critical situation that the various governments find themselves in? All you hear and read about is war, armaments, more sophisticated weapons, etc. No branch of any government is geared to provide the public with information about something that defies explanation. UFOs are our business, the public's. We deal with it because it's the public that is involved.

There are no captured craft, no alien bodies in pickle jars, no one working on back-engineering. These are all romantic notions with not a shred of evidence. If there was evidence for any of this, life on this planet would have changed long ago. Have we changed? Not at all, not one iota. All of us still go to sleep knowing we are going to wake up to the same world as the day before with only new problems to let us know it is still not yesterday.

ETH? No one knows.

edit on 30-11-2010 by The Shrike because: Change meaning.


first of all what i mean by what we are allowed to know about, is technology owned by humans. therefore not terrestrial (pertaining to the earth or this world) according to what we are allowed to know about.

i do not remember speculating on what they are or where they come from, so most of the rest of your post is confusing, i was simply saying that with the denial of governments to these things, that people DO see and are not hallucinating, it is easy to see why people assume or jump to conclusions that they are not OURS, when they see something that the governments say do not exists or is not theirs.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 


Nice post!!! S&F

The way you discribed this reminds me of something i saw while on holiday
in turkey back in august, i was sat outside on a clear night about 9:00pm it had been dark for less than a hour
when i noticed a bright star that seemed to be movin slowly accross the sky,
at first i thought this was a satellite but quickly realised that this was not the case,
it moved accross the sky and then stopped dead for about 2-3mins then moved
back on its self almost instantly at a high speed moving back about 3inchs across the sky from my view,
it then once again didnt move for about 2-3mins then it made a half circle movement again
at a rediculous speed then movin back to where it was at a slow speed, it kept on repeating
this for about 20mins or so, i went in the villa we were staying in to grab a drink and when
i came back outside it had gone, i was inside for all of 1min!
I was never sure what it was but it sounds very similar to what you seen just a few days ago,
i kept looking for it for the rest of our stay but didnt see anything like it again.
It was not a satellite as ive seen them many times.




top topics



 
218
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join