It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by TheRemedial
I have to ask you, are you sure it was not swamp gas or perhaps a balloon with LED light and a propeller attached to it at the bottom?

Did you review the video I posted that represents what I saw?

It's improbable that the observed right-angle rapid motion I witnessed could have been from the sources you mentioned.

Yea, you are right, but don't you realize that the "drop and split into two" was a trick for you. You are being told "Look you 'SkepticOverload figure this one for you"..

The drop was down, the two directions were opposite from each other. So fast that you could reason that no "humanoid" like creature could not survive it. But easy for GOD's math.

Your Forum has covered other such miracles.

A wave on the Sun,

Black Spaceship like things flying across the Sun,

Spirals in space and on the surface of the Sun,

Rings in Space and on the Sun.

Giant motherships in space.

And many unexplained "sightings" and "encounters".

The God of the Corn Circles and the ET Corn Gods language is very Corny.
edit on 30-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Did the object move when you thought about getting binoculars? That would seem unusual.
By the way, never heard of Nat Shermans, but me and Tecate are close friends

edit on 30-11-2010 by TheApachekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheApachekid
Did the object move when you thought about getting binoculars?

Maybe one or two minutes after the thought. As far as I can tell, it remained stationary for about 20 minutes after I first noticed it... no way to know how long it was there before that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Could it be space bound dedicated technology we as the public just don't know about. After all the best way to keep government secrets from prying eyes would be to hide or operate in area's prying eyes can't easly get to.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
Yea, you are right, but don't you realize that the "drop and split into two" was a trick for you. You are being told "Look you 'SkepticOverload figure this one out".

I respect your beliefs, but being an atheist, supernatural explanations (such as a message from God) for something such as this is not something I would personally consider.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Then the test or operation of such technology wouldn't be visible from the fifth-largest city in the country.

The sudden velocity and sudden (apparent) right-angle direction change (apparently at full velocity) is behavior beyond what even the most sophisticate (informed) conjecture attributes to secret government projects.

For example, if the object were in atmosphere, the friction at such speeds should have caused it to glow even brighter as both objects speed off in opposite directions -- there was no apparent increase in brightness. Following that thought to the next logical place -- the object was above the atmosphere and several miles distant, and indicating then that the speed of the two parts was extraordinary.
edit on 30-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Is it possible that maybe it was something entering the atmosphere, (like a meteor/space junk ect.) then exploding into at least two visible pieces as it burned up, shooting the glowing fragments away from each other before fading out? Sort of like how large professional firework sparks do in the sky when launched up and exploding then fading out?

When camping with friends in the dessert one time we shot off home made rockets in the air at night rigged with fireworks and some had a lame explosion to them which only emitted a few outward sparks. From a far distance this may of looked odd to other campers or drivers who may only saw quick light bursts in the air.

I don't beleive you saw fireworks but it almost seems as if you might of seen something fall and explode rather then purposely split.

Just some thoughts of mine. Unidentified and interesting non the less.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

No stabs. Carl Sagon (I went to Cornell where he conducted his acts), was a religious leader. He tried to get into the NSF -- they said he wasn't a scientist.

Religious leader? What? If you're referring to Carl Sagan (not "Sagon"), he was a director of the Center for Radio Physics and Space Research at Cornell. He held a 'chair'... a full professorship. He was a NASA consultant for over 20 years, working on many, many aspects of the Apollo missions as well as the Pioneer and Voyager probes.

(Apologies to my fellow ATSers for sidetracking the thread. Carry on!)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Yea, you are right, but don't you realize that the "drop and split into two" was a trick for you. You are being told "Look you 'SkepticOverload figure this one out".

I respect your beliefs, but being an atheist, supernatural explanations (such as a message from God) for something such as this is not something I would personally consider.

You believe that ET's are from other planets -- without one shred of evidence. I hear you, you are saying:

"My mind is made up, don't confuse me with arguements for which I have no defense."

How do you explain the miracles which I outlined -- that were uncovered by threads on your Site. Because you are an "atheist" (what ever that is) you are being "visited".

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
Is it possible that maybe it was something entering the atmosphere, (like a meteor/space junk ect.) then exploding into at least two visible pieces as it burned up, shooting the glowing fragments away from each other before fading out? Sort of like how large professional firework sparks do in the sky when launched up and exploding then fading out?

Except that the inertia of the initial "object" wouldn't result in the two break-away pieces moving in straight lines (as best I can tell) both perpendicular to the original motion of the single object.

Additionally, the observed speed -- both objects rapidly disappearing in the distance -- would seem to preclude a natural occurrence that lacks an obvious expenditure of significant energy (no flash at the separation point).

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Wow. That was a fantastic rendition Overlord-Disney! You're definitely in the wrong field!

What was the stretch of time from being aware of this to ......its separation?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

From the time I first noticed the object... 20-25 minutes.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord, I'm in the same boat as you in a lot of ways.

I have a hard time concluding that UFO's are of alien origin or not-of-this-earth technology. In fact, that would probably never escape my lips even after seeing what I have...

That being said, there are certain parts of Oregon I frequent, away from the cities, that have amazing sky views. Absolute blackness in the sky and every star is so bright you have a hard time picking out constellations in the mass of light points. When I go out stargazing, I see things EVERY time. Without fail. The people I take with me see them too and are amazed, if only for a short time.

I also use the 'triangulation' technique. I make a triangle out of individual stars and if the triangle distorts its shape--I know there is movement. Nowadays when I look skyward at night, I don't see individual stars--only masses of pinlight triangles waiting for my motion detector to go off. I guess doing this for 15 years has made me quite efficient at it.

I have taken people with me and we always see crazy stuff. But the problem is, nobody cares. My friends have seen things with me that totally defy any explanation--but at the end of the night, I can't help but get the feeling they have reduced the event to nothing more than 'lights in the sky'. The desire to extrapolate possibilities based on their observations does not exist, that feeling of incredulity and wonder--vacant.

We have seen 'stars' grow to be large distorted white candle-like flames that flicker then go out, we have seen 'stars' move across the sky slowly only to immediately reverse direction and disappear. Just recently, my girlfriend and I saw amazing things during the meteor shower--things that took our attention away from any mundane shooting stars.

I wish more people would go out at night to a remote part of the countryside and just stare. You'd be amazed at what you saw. There is so much activity in the sky that defies explanation.

Maybe if we knew what it 'meant', my friends would have more interest...and I would have more luck passing off my stargazing as a legitimate hobby.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Now let me play prosecutor:

Direct Question:
So is it possible, said-object could've been there long before you first noticed it on this night in question?

(answer here)

Direct Question:
Or are you telling the jury that this said-object first appeared----- before your very eyes----- this evening in question?

(answer here)

Side bar: I think if you weren't the owner you would've been hung out to dry like the rest of us some 172 stars ago. Glad to have a 'celeb' finally! And I loved your video presentation. Will it be coming out in HD soon?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You believe that ET's are from other planets -- without one shred of evidence.

Well, ETs by definition are from other planets. If they exist. What we're dealing with here is the unknown. SO saw something for which no ready explanation exists. We don't know what it was. We don't know where it came from. It remains unidentified.

Personally, Corn Gods are pretty far down my list for plausible explanations, but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

You believe that ET's are from other planets -- without one shred of evidence.

Well, ETs by definition are from other planets. If they exist. What we're dealing with here is the unknown. SO saw something for which no ready explanation exists. We don't know what it was. We don't know where it came from. It remains unidentified.

Personally, Corn Gods are pretty far down my list for plausible explanations, but that's just me.

You sound like the ancient religious leaders defending their many GODS -- they killed anyone who had a different idea. The new (Often right) idea was always "Pretty far down the list of plausible" explanations. It is painful to have to consider something that is not in the mainstream.

DIdn't someone around her say: "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arthurium

Cool!!!
2nd line
edit on Tue Nov 30 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Why are you on this god-kick?
We're talking about lights in the sky, a few days ago, in Phoenix, with a possible object attached to this source and a person questioning what he saw.

Why does your replies have a flavoring of 'god' in them?

I mean no disrespect, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. No one is begrudging that at all. But please don't become to Jehovah Witness for ATS and ram your beliefs down our throats in each reply. It's uncalled for and it's been duly noted.

We get it.

You believe in gods? Great!
Or a God? That's wonderful.

Let's carry on........................

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I'm certainly not advocating killing anyone. "Deny ignorance" for me, doesn't mean every fantastical explanation is just as likely as the reasonable ones. Just because historically some things once thought to be unlikely turn out to be true doesn't mean unicorns live in the next county. If someone chooses to believe they do, it's no skin off my onion.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join