It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I am sorry to see your very well-thought-out, and cogent experience, and description, has (lately) been over-run by the somewhat "hazy" viewpoints of some fringe elements.

Upon reading your original post (OP) I was struck by several emotions....ENVY being the primary.

While I, too, have tried to be "skeptical", I have always harbored this teeny-tiny "hope" that I'd see something. Well, it is what many wish for, especially if they consider themselves "special" in some way....not that that defines me....

I may be opinionated, arrogant, and intelligent....but "special"? Nah....... (BTW, "opinionated" and "arrogant" are usually fairly typical traits of pilots, just FYI....).

Back to the "green-eyed-monster" of envy....I do sit here, as I type, wishing that I too could be witness. I lived many years in the Phoenix area (even was resident there, when the infamous 'Phoenix Lights' incident occurred)...but, was out of town, flying at the time. Nevertheless....I recognized the hype, on that imbroglio.

Let's hope that this experience will find a finality of explanation, eventually. Whether prosaic. or "other-worldly", I like to KNOW. And am open to whatever facts come my way.........

edit on 30 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: bb coding....grrrrr!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by Human_Alien

I think the fact we are a species of intelligence living in a realm beyond our comprehension give us no place to even attempt to say what is right or wrong about the realm we exist in. Unfortunately in our grandeur in what we think is smart or intelligent is also the vice of our species.

Exactly. This intelligence o'ours (which is man-inspired thus man-made) is the very component impeding the ability to move forward. We still rely on our 5-senses/3 dimensions to base reality on. And when any of the guidelines/gauges aren't met we deem it untrue or unreal. So in an ironic twist, intelligence is actually blinding us.

Intelligence is different than Wisdom
Wisdom is innate (Universal).
Intelligence is artificial (Limited to Earth)

And until we bridge that gap with Universal Knowledge (which is a combination of Wisdom and Intelligence) we're likely to be stuck in this ego-ridden world of ours and remain intelligent man-made Neanderthals for a very long time!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
On May 1st, 2010, my friend and I experienced something that changed our lives forever.
We literally witnessed, heard, and FELT something that I can only explain as inter-dimensional.
It was a short creature, and as it moved past us, we would BOTH see it and feel the air change as it moved...
We then heard an odd electrical/frequency noise which would build up and become louder and louder whenever this thing showed itself.

Hmmmm. Interesting.
But what makes you use the word creature? Was it a creature by definition of having features...... or was it a sensation that you're dubbing: a creature for lack of a better word?

For what it's worth, I believe you
cause I can't imagine why you'd want to make that up.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Great post. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have used the word creature to describe things that are alive that I cannot identify with any other name. We are all creatures...cat's, dogs, humans, rabbits, horses... all creatures. A lot of times I can be very specific about what type of creature I'm looking at... and then sometimmmes, the luxury of specifics escapes me
... or so they have in the past.

not that I know what that poster up there was looking at but I would consider it something living and not otherwise identifiable according to our labels and descriptions of things.

Hell, somebody called me a creature one time... an ex boyfriend to be specific, but he was using it in...uh... certain context. It was proceeded by an adjective and expletive or two.
edit on 30-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Wondering and trying to 'logically' figure out why interstellar beings would want anything to do with our mundane species, in my opinion, is inherently flawed due to the fact that one is relying on the logic and reasoning and existing mental framework of the human being of this planet.
Just like when I hear some say that if aliens did exist, why haven't they 'conquered' us by now. "We would have already had a war of the worlds if they exist," is what I hear. Ok...now look at it from the perspective of a species who has no need for conquering anyone, no need to destroy or 'war' with anything because they are advanced enough to realize that each thing has it's place and know that diversity of organisms is the key to a fully harmonious universal system.
We keep thinking with the human thought patterns we've been conditioned to embrace and take as our own, and this limits our perspective, in my opinion. Kind of like religious groups penning human traits such as anger and jealousy on what they say is an all-knowing creator they call God. Perhaps the extra-terrestrial sentient beings value different things than we do, and they are not looking at what they can get from us, but maybe what we can get from them? or something based on mutualism, where both species derive something that is life-enhancing.
For me, widening my perspective to allow 'not-so-human' perspectives (I'm speaking here of the perspectives and ideas that are enouraged and nurtured in this human civilization we've created that encourage the life-limiting perspectives most of humans have) in has helped substantially. And yes, this is possible to do.
& so the blinders come off...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
From the reenactment you created I can say this is just one of many ways the ships maneuver.

Mind set....SO and members needs to open and change their mind set as I see it. Both Earth and this Race have great importance to them but the one thing I want to point out is this ....there are Species here that are just and if not more Terrestrial then you but they are also able to travel the Universe which makes them Extraterrestrial also.

I am just happy this happened to you SO so now your mind will look at this subject a little more differently and I have no doubt this will be with you the rest of your life and now you might see how many people here who have had sightings and or experiences feel.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
The real missing thing in your narrative is how YOU FELT during and since this observation.

Even though I'm skeptical of the interest-level we might represent to a species capable of exploring the galaxy, I still feel such a thing might be possible. So my reaction, oddly, wasn't anything like sweating and crapping in my pants... more like, "wow, there it is."

As to how I "feel," a bit excited to have seen something extraordinary... but otherwise no overt change in anything emotional. I've never considered "extraterrestrials" to be part of anything spiritual, so there would not have been any reaction in that regard.

Those of us who have been around here a while know that you are, to put it mildly, somewhat proud of, and defender of, your moniker "Skeptic".

And all too often people assume "skeptic" = "unbeliever" in respect to the moniker I choose for ATS. In the context of my choice of the name, "skeptic" = "someone who challenges popularly accepted notions," which is the core definition of a conspiracy theorist.

Don't confuse skepticism with disbelief in my case.

For you to relate this for all of us ( friends and foes) was no small thing. There is a sense of paradigm shift. Not just for this site, but for you, personally.

Again, considering the reason I selected "SkepticOverlord," it's nothing close to a paradigm shift.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Perhaps now when you view threads from others claiming that they have had similar experiences you will be able to empathise with them and grow to understand that we certainly are not alone and never have been

As I've said before, and in this thread, I believe the galaxy is well-populated with intelligent life, some of which can travel between the stars. So quite certainly, we are not alone.

I've always supported and embraced the honest and open expression by people with extraordinary experiences. However, if someone lies about their experiences, those will real sightings who have witnessed extraordinary things are best-served when the liars are exposed and expunged.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wasn't going to post this, as I have no pics to back me up.

I am a skeptic to who looks for a rational explanation, but, on Saturday night (27/11/10) I was walking home from work, roughly about 1700hrs, so it was dark. Just above the horizon I seen a large solid red, shimmering light. Immediatley I thought a star, given the way it was shimmering, then I noticed it was moving very quickly from west to east (clouds moving have fooled me often making me think a stationary object is moving), and then all of a sudden it disappeared. Chinese lantern alarm bells started ringing, but it was moving into the wind, plus I have seen plenty of lanterns, especially recently, and this was too dark a red colour anyway. I had grabbed my phone to take a pic, but a SE K800i may take brilliant day time pics, its a fail when it comes to far away light sources.

I had thought something in space (satellite etc) that may have moved into the earths shadow, but the sun was long gone by that point (NW UK).

Hopefully it may spark something in someones mind of a similar experience.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it was on the northern horizon, in the direction of Scotland.
edit on 30/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You say:

we might represent to a species capable of exploring the galaxy, I still feel such a thing might be possible

What evidence do you have that there might be "species" other than those on Earth. Saying such a thing is, in itself like belief in Jesus -- because others told you to -- blind faith.

There is evidence that marvelous (magic) things happen -- with no explanation. Such things have been witnessed forever -- they are called "Miracles" or "Acts of God".

There is no doubt that the show you witnessed was just for you, but a "species" from another planet -- that's just religion, of the Carl Sagan type.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

People keep going on about flags and stars and stuff...........I don't even know what all that means, and don't care really. I found this website when the Time Traveller in the Chaplin movie came around a few months ago and have been most intrigued by this site ever since. This is a great website, but don't ruin it for others with pesky argumentative nonsense, just enjoy what is presented and discuss it with great gusto.....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Oh dont get me wrong! I was not at all putting you down, as a matter of fact I have starred you many times... Even on this thread I think. I was just using your post to make the statement which I think is very relevant as I have seen this many times on the forums.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I like your style! And that Chapman thread was for me a connection to my experiences in Arizona and timetravel. Not that I have personally TTed, but yes, it could be very much connected. I am not so sure about the probes SO witnessed the other night, as that is what the splitting off lights represent to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
There is no doubt that the show you witnessed was just for you, but a "species" from another planet -- that's just religion, of the Carl Sagan type.

Actually, it's science.

The Drake Equation is a reasonable mathematical formula whereby one can easily hypothesis on the number of intelligent species in the galaxy/universe. But it falls short in that it doesn't factor for hyper-advanced species capable of interstellar travel, so the equation may be an underestimation.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thanks SO, for taking the time to document this, and answer member questions on the sighting.

I've had other "sightings" over the decades, but this is the first in which a terrestrial explanation is proving difficult.

Given the area, I'm wondering if any kind of military test might be a terrestrial explanation....? Still, an interesting sighting, regardless of what it might have been.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually, it's science.

I think it's closer to sciencey-looking conjecture.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pisces77
Wondering and trying to 'logically' figure out why interstellar beings would want anything to do with our mundane species, in my opinion, is inherently flawed due to the fact that one is relying on the logic and reasoning and existing mental framework of the human being of this planet.

First of all, while skeptical of the actuality, I've always been open to the possibility.

But my skepticism in this regard stems from a variety of reasons, they are:

1) We've only recently begun to make noise: In the cosmic sense, we've only started to make a moderately noticeable noise a few minutes ago. And even then, the noise (our radio signals) have been mostly bounced back toward the earth via the ionosphere. So not only has the noise been very recent, it's also somewhat weak.

2) Anyone noticing our noise would need to be nearby: Our noise is only traveling at the speed of light, at best the bubble of our chatter has a radius of 60 light years. On a cosmic scale, that's a very small neighborhood of potential listeners. The Drake equation gives us an incredibly low probability of "anyone" in that radius capable of hearing us.

3) If "someone" out there hears us, could they get here? Okay... against all Drake equation odds, "someone" within that 60 light year radius hears our weak chatter... but the odds that "they" would have the means to get here are exceptionally remote.

4) If "someone" out there hears us, would they want to come here? And finally, against the longest of odds, "someone" in that 60 light year radius hears us and has the capability to come check us out... would they? No matter your suppositions for the economic motivations and structure of an extraterrestrial society, there will be significant expense associated with tasking a vessel capable of roaming the stars to come have a look at that odd planet with the weak radio signals.
- the vessel itself will be expensive to create, requiring exotic materials
- the crew needs supplies
- the vessel needs fuel
- someone needs to justify the cost to a decision-maker
- etc.

Again, to be very clear, I'm not saying that extraterrestrial visitation is out of the question, only that I believe it to be highly unlikely. But I've been wrong before.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It is no more science than any of Carl Sagan's baloney. It is "what if" which can't be tested. What if the universe (and us) is just devine math.

I know what science and engineering is. You design it, it doesn't work -- even though you thought everything was thought out. Then you design it again -- some day it might work. You can't test those theories.

All we know is there are marvelous things that happen which we can't explain -- and there are things which are definately miracles (Acts of GOD).

Lots of them exposed on your site -- you just aren't trained to recognized -- my guess is your sighting is one step in your training.

You refuse to recognise that your site has been chosen for a big expoae!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I have always believed that life must exist elsewhere in the universe, even its most basic form. Unfortunatley until I see concrete evidence to suggest we have been visited by an advanced civilisation I will continue to believe that everything has a more down to earth (or just out of the atmosphere). No point in getting ones hopes up just because there isn't an answer there and then to explain something.

I have had lots of thoughts running through my mind on the matter, but thats just dreaming, or looking for an answer. Mankind was from Mars and some disaster pushed us onto the next habitable planet and TPTB decided to start the new colony fresh, with no technological advancements so we couldn't screw it up right away.

Or we were born here, and "they" are from somewhere else in the galaxy, or further, and from time to time "they" keep checking in to see how we are progressing and if we are ready to become part of the "larger" community, or maybe it could be for something more sinister, but I doubt anyone thats achieved that level of sophistcation would have hostile intent.

No matter what the answer, until you can prove to me otherwise, I will continue to live my life like we have never been visited, and if and when the time comes for contact, if I am still alive, then I will welcome it with open arms, and hope I was right about them being non hostile, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join