It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very cool sighting and well documented.
I am wondering if you have done any further research in to this type of sighting. Seems to me I have heard about this type of breaking into two lights type of ufo.
Something I was wondering. Did you attempt to get pics or a vid with your ipad?

edit on 30-11-2010 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Why does everything gotta happen in Az? lol

Thank you for your recounting of the event. I am rather curious about this effect of "splitting" that is so often described. I have a couple of "theories", but all they are is just thoughts, since there is absolutely no way to really approach proving them.

1) The splitting effect is caused by some sort of physics phenomenon of ftl travel.. maybe a jump to warp or hyperspace or whatever it should be called.

2) Maybe these vessels are actually conglamerations of "pods" and they routinely function in this manner, staying as one unit until needing to run off on missions.

In any case, glad this was caught, and might I say, very good formatting of the sighting report.

Because there are major Military bases there.
(Second line)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I am glad you saw it and reported it. These things have apparently been doing this for years. I liked your illustration too.

I offer my similar non-evidence sighting.

It was 1976 and I was laying down in the back of a pickup, that my friend and I had just caught a ride from. Town was 15 miles away, we spied a Jet Airliner at 25,000 feet headed south. Red and blue lights on the wings. I bet it would go straight and my friend bet it would turn (ten bucks) before we got to town.

The red light took an instant 90 degree angle and covered one to three thousand miles in two seconds.
The blue light kept going straight. After some verbal exchanges about how that just happened, the bet was still on.

Just about then the blue light took an instant 90 the other way, it was out of sight within two seconds.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
"Classic"

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A fried of mine had a very similar sighting about 20 years ago in Nebraska. Curiously, there is\was a large Air Force base in the area... Offutt AFB, the Strategic Air Command Center.
My friend was heading out to go to work around 5 A.M. He said he was looking at the stars and noticed an unusually bright star sitting among a group of 'normal' stars in the southern sky. He watched it for a couple minutes, and witnessed it 'drop' a good distance, level off above the horizon, then disappear westward in 'the blink of an eye'.
Unlike Overlord's sighting, it didn't divide into two objects.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I have truly never remembered being what one calls a "sceptic" on the subject of higher beings and possible visitation/contact. I have believed in UFO visitation/contact from the age of 11 years old due to my experience in Las Vegas circa summer of 1973. Our family took a vacation out west to stay the summer in Vegas with my mother's side of the family. While playing in the nighttime street with my oldest brother, we witnessed 5 cigar shaped, illuminated objects flying in fornation almost directly overhead. While discussing how strange and foreign the flying objects looked, the entire formation, in unison, streaked across the sky in a speed I had never understood. The formation then came to a complete stop, again in unison, before slowly travelling at what appeared to me as very close to their original "pre-jump" speed. Before we could wrap our minds around what we had just witnessed, the formation "jumped" again and were gone as soon as my eyes interpreted the direction in which they exited...escaped... or whatever it was this group of objects did to defy every law of physics my brother and I had witnessed in which all matter was subjected to up to this point in our lives. From that moment of the summer of my 11th year on this planet I could no longer have the luxury of being a sceptic. I have accepted my beliefs, placed them gently into my psyche, and it has become ingrained into my persona. Thus, I tend to think (open-minded, maybe?) a certain way/path when I read other's experiences with seeing an object achieve what cannot be possible within human limit. I can always (within parameters of my mind) understand the transformation of their beliefs/thought pattern as it has been forever evolved into a "higher, yet simpler" way of seeing the world in which we live our lives. I have not seen any other "UFO's" in the classic sense of the word, but I have found my life's path (choices I made, for you multi-universe fans) has taken me into the study/teaching of science. I am especially drawn toward the nomenclature of space, the universe, the beginning of life in our universe, and the power(s) involved in the formation of the cosmos. Finally... I have reached my own enlightenment/nirvana/awakening/private Idaho... whatever label your mind feels comfortable hanging on this term of peace and understanding. All is possible when limits and barriers are eliminated and hopefully, someday mankind will eliminate enough barriers to allow himself another jump in the higher evolution of our spirit and the vessel it resides within.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Damersh because: clarification

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I have seen pretty much the same thing about 6 years ago.
That sighting made me find Ats at the time.

The object also moved slowly at first, than made an impossible angle downwards in a much faster velocity and abruptly disappeared to the right.
The only difference was that it didn't split up in two objects.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

now that your head is about to explode trying to figure out what it was, think about something else. How far away it/they were, how bright it/they were, and now......how big they must have been. That is the part that has been fascinating me. Thinking of the monstrous sizes that reports have claimed some sightings to be. I think that is the part we aren't ready to understand.

I am in the same boat as you, saw a sighting once, no pictures, never saw it again. I do have a witness, but he would rather pretend it didn't happen as his mind isn't ready for all that. It was faster than I can explain, and there was two of them. side by side. One zigzagged while it was moving at those speeds. If it was terrestrial, the pilot would have been a small pile of goo after that amount of G forces.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

... If it was terrestrial, the pilot would have been a small pile of goo after that amount of G forces.

No one has ever presented evidence that these events involve species from other planets. There is only evidence of what has been seen -- things that happened, but couldn't have happened, magic -- miracles..

These are miracles -- such things happen frequently -- lots of times discussed in this forum.

The existance of miracles is proof of the existance of a "God".

Throughout history, there have been miracles -- acts of God. These sightings are like modern day Ghosts. But these sightings carry with them messages, contained in the words, numbers, dates we use to describe them -- words like "Drop", "Split", "Fall", "Faster", "911 2001 AD".

edit on 30-11-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord,

I especially appreciate your courage and objectivity in presenting your sighting and remaining a skeptic at the same time.

Being a skeptic doesn't necessary mean to be a naysayer, debunker or simply a dumb and blind for the facts. It means to remain objective and not to jump into premature conclusions. There are a number possible, probable and likely theoretical explanation of the UFO phenomena. And there isn't one single explanation for all UFO sightings. Some of these sightings defy conventional reasoning but it still doesn't mean that they must be definitely of extraterrestrial, interdimensional, spiritual, you name it origin, while at the same time, all of the above remain probable explanations for the different cases. We simply don't know. Maybe someone knows, but obviously, you and I, and many other true ufologists don't.

It is absolutely great that you had a sighting of your own. This tremendously expands one's mind boundaries. But I very much support your remaining a skeptic, in the true meaning of the word. Because accepting any unproven hypothesis as a fact only locks one's mind in the small world of illiteracy and narrow-mindedness.

Good luck with your future research. I believe, now, remaining a skeptic, you will become an even better UFO investigator.

edit on 30-11-2010 by stiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If you weren't such a skeptic there would be 15 mins of footage of the object instead of you going back to you IPAD! Good reporting brother.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
@ SkepticOverLord. As you know faith and belief is nothing in comparison with knowledge. Lord Buddha knew, you too will now be able to say I know.

As far as what you stating that "we mere earthlings would not be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel" I think you are wrong because according to The Thiaoouba Prophecy.....

"You must remember, too, that the planets are categorized and that it is possible for entire populations to emigrate to another, when their planet is in danger, but no-one can do so if the new planet is not of the same category.

‘Being, overpopulated they, having highly advanced technology, they have visited your planet with a view to establish a settlement there - an idea they decided against since your degree of evolution would bring them more harm than good.’

'I know that is not flattering. I'm sorry, but I am saying my peace without hypocrisy. They still visit Earth but only as observers, interested in studying, and learning from you, your errors. They never intervene because that is not their role, and they would never invade your planet, as this would be a backward step for them. You are not to be envied - materially, technologically or spiritually.

Other Races of aliens still visit earth. There are some races of people on a similar level of mentality to yours, visiting Earth.

Gray people are from a "planet of sorrows" too, and on their own planet they have completely lost their immune system, as a consequence of their "civilized" activities. Simply speaking they are going extinct very quickly.

They have the technology to come to Earth and they come here to watch the reactions of our immune system, because you just started loosing yours in 1948. They hope, that by observing our reactions they can help themselves. They have implanted about 150 people world-wide,not 5 million as some say, with monitoring devices. People from Thiaoouba watch this activity too and clearly say that there is no danger." from The Thiaoouba Prophecy by Michel Desmarquet originally published as Abduction to the 9th planet.

If you have not read above book I would suggest you do now that you have had your own sighting.

Interestingly enough i came across the above book 10 years ago after my first UFO daytime sighting in El Paso, Texas above Fort Bliss ( No not the Parachute Knight Team). As you can see from my previous posts my MO is to show the Members of ATS that this book reveals the TRUTH of ALL the Mysteries that we come here to post about. You won't regret reading it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interfacer

Originally posted by etcorngods

Originally posted by network dude

... If it was terrestrial, the pilot would have been a small pile of goo after that amount of G forces.

No one has ever presented evidence that these events involve species from other planets. There is only evidence of what has been seen -- things that happened, but couldn't have happened, magic -- miracles..

These are miracles -- such things happen frequently -- lots of times discussed in this forum.

The existance of miracles is proof of the existance of a "God".

Throughout history, there have been miracles -- acts of God. These sightings are like modern day Ghosts. But these sightings carry with them messages, contained in the words, numbers, dates we use to describe them -- words like "Drop", "Split", "Fall", "Faster", "911 2001 AD".

You say theres no proof they are from other planets yet you say its proof there is a good you sound insane, considering there is ZERO proof of a god either!

Read what I have said. The existance of "miracles" is proof of the existance of God. There is plenty of proof of miracles -- like the sunspots in the shape of the Haitian Islands, appearing on the day of the Haitian earthquake.

The sunspots in the shape of an island group in the Pacific when an earthquake was taking place in the islands.

Like the sunspots in the shape of the Olympic Emblem -- at the start of the Olympics in Canada.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't call anyone "Insane" -- when it is you who is not understanding. Such talk can get you in serious trouble.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
From all the stories I have read and discussions here on ATS, I suspect that what you saw is a classic foo fighter. It is not an extraterrestrial, but a plasma life form that shares our biosphere with us.

Here is a thread I have on this subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-11-2010 by poet1b because: correct a couple of glaring grammatical errors.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join