It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says it may go after WikiLeaks chief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Even if they'd somehow get Julian wikileaks would march on. He is just the face of the site. Someone has to represent the entity. Governments won't be able to shut down the movement.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It isn't the U.S. that is releasing these - it is Mossad.

And ultra-secretive elements within the US agencies are allied with and at times work in unison with Mossad, especially on covert operations like this.

You are right, the elected U.S. government is clueless and not at all involved.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Got to find the sneaky basterds first look at roland powlansky running his whole life still directing movies.... What does roland powlansky and julian assange have in common

And who is Roland Powlansky? Are you just playing comedy or don't you know, what you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well it is quite a mess, any way you spin it.

But, like the article MA posted, it is incredibly coincidental that AIPAC is privy to much U.S. intelligence... and Israel has high level Dual Citizens in our gov't... and that these WL seem to benefit Israel.

Just because its Mossad, doesn't mean it isn't particular sections of our gov't either.

Thats what spies are for.
edit on 29-11-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs

Well it is quite a mess, any way you spin it.

But, like the article MA posted, it is incredibly coincidental that AIPAC is privy to much U.S. intelligence... and Israel has high level Dual Citizens in our gov't... and that these WL seem to benefit Israel.

Makes it even funnier when you look at the report where Hillary Clinton called the Israelis to assure them that there was nothing in the leaked cables that they needed to worry about.

Only time will tell how well the leaks work at influencing diplomacy and relations between countries, and perhaps even broader agendas aimed and North Korea and Iran.

Lots to digest, and a lot of ways it can go.

The public's reactions are the least important.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Quite right... and also Netanyahu's calm and confident rhetoric that Israel has nothing to worry about in the leaks.

I am starting to get overwhelmed with all the Wikileaks threads... we need at least a temporary forum to keep them all together.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Israel has always been brutally effective at espionage. They, however, do not have the resources to manipulate our intel networks to the extent of these wikileaks reports.

Sometimes things are just as they are. There doesn't always have to be an evil diabolical force out there. Governments, while horribly inefficient and often counter-productive, are not necessarily evil or plotting your demise. I know that's going against the grain of your average ATS mentality, but, really - not everything is part of a plan or intended to be evil. It is just people being people for all the good and bad it is worth.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

And I agree, that was my previous stance on the WL... because a planned release by an intelligence agency through wikileaks is a huge pill to swallow.

But, since Mossad was involved in 9/11(not debatable IMO) - it does make me rethink my stance on this particular release by WL.

That doesn't mean all of Wikileaks are packaged... but I think a critical openmindedness is good for the time being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join