It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon mosque attended by bomb plot suspect target of apparent arson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oregon mosque attended by bomb plot suspect target of apparent arson

[url=http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/28/oregon-mosque-attended-by-bomb-plot-suspect-target-of-apparent-arson/?hpt=T2]religion.blogs.cnn.com[/url ]

The FBI announced a $10,000 reward Sunday for information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible for an apparent attack on an Oregon Islamic center that was attended by the man authorities say was behind a foiled bomb plot at a recent Portland Christmas tree lighting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think it's worthy to note that extremism as a reaction to extremism never produces good results, as shown here. Failure to recognize a small group of extremists from a group of people who just want peace will only lead to more sadness and resentment in the world. The fear mongering has to stop somewhere.

[url=http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/28/oregon-mosque-attended-by-bomb-plot-suspect-target-of-apparent-arson/?hpt=T2]religion.blogs.cnn.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

To Piddles: You wrote:" I think it's worthy to note that extremism as a reaction to extremism never produces good results, as shown here. Failure to recognize a small group of extremists from a group of people who just want peace will only lead to more sadness and resentment in the world. The fear mongering has to stop somewhere".
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then let your described "extremism" end with those that seek our demise. When they stop...."We The People" shall stop.....and not until then. Your "small group" from the described "group" who "just want peace" have made this statement I am about to post, their "way of life".
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote: " Can anybody dispute this??? There is no flaw in these statements ( look up some of these Quran references and that is what it says).

CAN MUSLIMS BE GOOD CITIZENS?
This is very interesting and we all need to read it from start to finish and send it on to everyone. Maybe this is why our American Muslims are so quiet and not speaking out about any atrocities.
Can a good Muslim be a good American? This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. . . . Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon god of Arabia .

Religiously - no.. . . Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran)

Scripturally - no. . . Because his allegiance is to the
five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.

Geographically - no . Because his allegiance is to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. . . Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews .

Politically - no.. . . Because he must submit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no. .. . Because he is instructed to marry four Women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34 )

Intellectually - no. . Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. . . . Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist.
Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no.. . . Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore, after much study and deliberation.... Perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. - - - They obviously cannot be both 'good' Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish it's still the truth. You had better believe it. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.
The religious war is bigger than we know or understand. ....

Footnote: The Muslims have said they will destroy us from within. SO
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. CHRISTIANS WAKEUP TIME
Please don't delete this until you send it on

[PS: You say they will destroy us from within - How??? by just breading you out conquering by numbers - think about it -it is already happening they will take over every field including .politics ]
You will not be surprised
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This information comes directly from your group that "just wants peace". What they want is directly in line with what the NWO wants.....world domination. "Won't get fooled again".
My name at this site is "scoutsniper". I have nothing to gain or to loose. I seek truth and I have no trust in any mans words that show contradiction, deception or flat out lies. The "Truth" never "contradicts itself. Time is the purifier of motive. Those that forget the past or do not study history, are Doomed to repeat it.

Scoutsniper

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This site is slowly becoming Islamic Apologist

If it was a church there would be no outcry from you.

CAN MUSLIMS BE GOOD CITIZENS?

look at eupore they are taking over , Islamization.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just chiming in to say that this has already become the worst thread on ATS. Sorry, OP.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

I don't even know if you're worthy of an actual reply. I've literally never seen such extremist "dem goshdarn mooselums gone kill us allllll" crap in my life.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I probably wouldn't care if a church burned down? I beg your pardon, but what kind of statement is that besides a disdainful judgement? I don't want anyone's choice of religion to be persecuted in anyway (criticisms are not persecution). The whole point of this thread is to point out how insanely psychotic it is that someone found out which mosque he belonged to in America and burned it down in response to his crappy attempt to buy explosives; it is quite literally a text book definition of extremism.

I'm using this thread to point out that if there is any kind of psychological problem in America, it's extremism. The situation was diffused, but someone felt they had take matters into their own hands and punish people who really might not even know him outside of their mosque. Doesn't anyone think perhaps this sort of action encourages Muslims who do not support terrorist activities to change their mind?

It seems to only show that Americans want to destroy any every muslim person, place, or thing regardless of whether or not they come in peace.

I'm sorry, that's not America. Most reasonable people understand Christianity says very extreme things but don't follow it. I'm more than certain the same applies for Muslims, as is for orthodox and unorthodox jews, and literally anyone who doesn't follow their religion to the exact T that their respective book declares.

/Freedom of Religion
//doesn't believe in god

edit on 29-11-2010 by piddles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The FBI put a sting operation together on this kid after a friend of his tipped them off to his intentions ...And I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that that friend also attended this mosque. We have gotten intelligence information before this way. That kind of inside informancy is our best chance of catching some of these "sleepers" before they carry out their ill intentions, and shows that not every Muslim is a terrorist. So to target this mosque with arson is an assinine response to this attempted attack.

In fact, the number of extremist fundamental Muslims is a very small percentage of those who practice islam in this world, and should not be used as the stereotype. Sadly, it is the ignorant in this society who will do exactly that to justify their hateful words or actions.

We are not at war with islam ...We are at war with the very small percentage in that religion who are identified by a fundamental extremism that is fueled by a perverse interpretation of the writings of the Koran. Those are the terrorists we are currently fighting against and snuffing out to prevent future terrorist attacks here and around the world.

Those responsible for this attempted arson are no less terrorists than Mohamed Mohamud (the kid they arrested) and they are just as much a problem to our society ...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Office fire at a mosque, where a recent recent muslim terrorist wannabe learned his hatred, has an office fire.

It must have been started by some inbred slack jawed redneck.

And you are not a bigot?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by piddles

Office fire at a mosque, where a recent recent muslim terrorist wannabe learned his hatred, has an office fire.

It must have been started by some inbred slack jawed redneck.

And you are not a bigot?

proof that you didnt actually read the article or this thread. I never named a suspect and neither does the article.

great job, keep up the stupid

top topics

join