It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican calling to designate WikiLeaks a terrorist organization

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
Of course it is considered a terrorist organization, but yet they have no legal means to just shut them down.

hmmmmm

well, time to pass the bill to just shut down any website they want, without needing a court order. Very convenient.

For our safety of course.
edit on 29-11-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

I think they can only shut down US sites - not foreign ones.

second
edit on 29-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
for those out there saying that wikileaks is
a Mossad op i urge u to consider this info

Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, called the release "an attack on the national security of the United States." In a written statement released Monday, he said those behind the leak will have "blood on their hands" and recommended legal action.

Lieberman is a dual Israeli/American citizen
and signed a pledge of loyalty to Israel
and even he denounces wikis actions.
Still think wiki is a Mossad OP???

Well, at least now we have an open admission of what they consider a terrorist.....someone who scares them to death because they expose the Cabal's dishonesty and corruption.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Many of the sites that were shut down by ICE last week were actually Chinese registrars when you did a who is lookup on them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Apparently Julian Assange wants to relocate from Sweden to Switzerland probably after being informed, before us peasants, that he will be targeted as assisting terrorists and his Wikileaks organization would be considered a terrorist organization. Switzerland would be his best option for safety against the claws of the Pentagon.

This is sure one good way to knock him and his organization down for good, no country wants to be seen as the one abetting a terrorist. Julian is a hero for press freedom as clearly outline in the US Constitution Amendment 1.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The way I interpret this is that our government has officially declared the First Amendment the equivalent of terrorism.

Well, based on one of the released docs, the Government is definitely guilty of collusion in supporting terrorists - given that it knew all along that Saudi Arabia was one of the biggest financiers of Al Qaeda and turned a blind eye to it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler

"The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened".
-- Josef Stalin

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Terrorism as a term has yet to be completely defined in a legal sense however, the actions of Assange and his group do meet the majority of the criteria/characterizations for terrorism. The only missing component is violence really.

Wikileaks fits the rest of the mold:
They seem to be politically motivated
There have already been psychological consequences from these dumps (just look at the fuss on ATS with each dump)
Wikileaks is an organized entity with its own chain of command. (not including those pulling the strings for WL.)

The game being played here is completely psychological and the technique is working like a Swiss clock.

The dumps are being aimed at those who already display a distrust for their govt. or at those who are on the fence and with each dump more and more people fall on the desired side of the fence.

Perhaps this is just part of the plan to destabilize the major forms of govt. and the nations that support these forms in effort to lay the groundwork for a new and better model of governance. A model that will work universally from one nation to the next. Just look at the economies of the major EU nations. Look at the economy of the US. We are rapidly approaching the tipping point and wikileaks is pushing with fervor.

We have plenty of people to feed off of this garbage and not enough people asking the How? What? When? Where?Why? of the situation.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Of course it is considered a terrorist organization, but yet they have no legal means to just shut them down.

hmmmmm

well, time to pass the bill to just shut down any website they want, without needing a court order. Very convenient.

second

good point, but all domain names are owned by one company. The Bill will allow them to shut down these domains, no matter where the server is.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by wcitizen

Many of the sites that were shut down by ICE last week were actually Chinese registrars when you did a who is lookup on them.

Wow. I didn't think they could do that. Too much power. They have too much power. They have to be dismantled.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
just watched the WH Press Sec. and he was cornered
with placing a label on wikleaks and his words were

"Let me be clear, anyone who steals and disseminates
classified material is a CRIMINAL."

he himself did NOT use the word terrorist.
Neither did Hilary in her speech.

And both press conferences that I saw,
NEITHER of them addressed the illegal
spying on and biometric data gathered on the
UN Security Council.

Why are all of them avoiding this subject???

I guess you could say that what transpired
in these press conferences was purely

"Damage Control"

edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

hmmmmm

second

good point, but all domain names are owned by one company. The Bill will allow them to shut down these domains, no matter where the server is.

Right. Do you mean all domain names worldwide are owned by one company? Please tell me it's not so, lol!

second.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

just watched the WH Press Sec. and he was cornered
with placing a label on wikleaks and his words were

"Let me be clear, anyone who steals and disseminates
classified material is a CRIMINAL."

he himself did NOT use the word terrorist.
Neither did Hilary in her speech.

And both press conferences that I saw,
NEITHER of them addressed the illegal
spying on and biometric data on the
UN Security Council.

Why are all of them avoiding this subject???

I guess you could say that what transpired
in these press conferences was purely

"Damage Control"

And propaganda. And notice the NLP tactic being used - 'anyone who steals and disseminates classified material is a criminal'. It subliminally suggests Wikileaks stole the material, which of course isn't true - it also totally bypasses the 'whistleblower' protection laws. Crafted disinfo tactics.

And, of course, the age old - attack is the best form of defence.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Right. Do you mean all domain names worldwide are owned by one company? Please tell me it's not so, lol!

www.icann.org...

2nd

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

hmmmmm

second

second.

ICANN assigns domains at the top level. Registrars buy the domains from them

ICANN wiki

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
well it's official

US Attorney Gen. Holder just announced
full criminal investigation of the wikileaks
releases.

www.cnn.com...

be very careful here folks,
this investigation might lead
them directly to your computer
if u d/l anything from wiki or
you took part in distribution
of this info. Here comes the
round-up of internet criminals
coming to a PC near u.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These politicians aren't nearly as concerned about the data leaked as they are about what the leaked data could do to their own political careers.

These people forget their role as our representatives, they have their own agendas and anyone who gets in their way is a terrorist in their mind.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

well it's official

US Attorney Gen. Holder just announced
full criminal investigation of the wikileaks
releases.

www.cnn.com...

be very careful here folks,
this investigation might lead
them directly to your computer
if u d/l anything from wiki or
you took part in distribution
of this info. Here comes the
round-up of internet criminals
coming to a PC near u.

That will be the same Holder who is one of those being investigated in the DOJ investigation into DOJ curroption in the Black Panther abuse of justice allegations.

Just had a thought, perhaps the emphasis on Wikileaks is a distraction from the breaking story about Whitehouse involvement in the DOJ corruption?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's the question I have about this. I did not DL the 'Insurance' file, becuse I worried about that being tied to my IP. However couldn't this have some far reaching affects on those people who did? If WL is declaed a terrorist organization, then couldn't anyone in possession of the 'Insurance' file be deemed to be aiding and abbeting a terrorist organization? Or even more dire: a terrorist?

Just food for thought, I'm curious how this works.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
These politicians aren't nearly as concerned about the data leaked as they are about what the leaked data could do to their own political careers.

These people forget their role as our representatives, they have their own agendas and anyone who gets in their way is a terrorist in their mind.

Yes, they sel their souls to keep their 'career' - because the back handers are sooooooooo lucrative.
They're also terrified that this will encourage more whistleblowers to leak information.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey Eric Holder

why don't u investigate illegal wiretapping
of UN Security Council???

or biometric data gathered illegally by
this administration on UN Security Council
and African Diplomats??

why don't u do that??
Instead of harassing
the populace in general.

And investigate yourself for corruption
violations concerning the Black Panthers?

and the Illegal Aliens you won't prosecute
cuz they haven't broken any law?
Crossing the border is against the law
u scumbag !!!

oh and while ur at it, investigate the CIA
and Mossad for their role in the attempted
assassination of Iranian Pres. Admadenojahd.
And the CIA operatives now working clandestine
black ops to overthrow Iran and North Korea?

And also, why don't u investigate the CIA who
is supporting and funding illegal drug activity
south of the border?

And why don't u investigate how thermite
residue was found on pieces of rubble
from WTC 1,2 & 7?

And why did u supress info relating to Obama
when u went after Blago in Chicago? U dirty
scoundrel. Ur a [snip] hypocrite !!!
and a criminal urself.

Yea, let's get to the gritty here bubba.
Here's where the REAL criminal activity is.
And you're included in the [snip] neck deep.

why don't u do some real police work
for a [snip] change ???

edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think Wikileaks just has a small public relations image problem. If they just change their name to "EnhancedPressReleases.com" they should be OK. You can make any action legal by calling it an "enhanced" something else. It worked for torture and groping.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join