It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea, U.S. 'high-intensity' drills have begun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

S. Korea, U.S. 'high-intensity' drills have begun.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

SEOUL, Nov. 29 (Yonhap) -- A flotilla of South Korean and U.S. warships fired artillery and their aircraft intercepted mock enemy planes in the Yellow Sea on Monday, the second day of what military officials labelled "high-intensity" joint naval drills aimed at deterring North Korean provocations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I wonder how the NK moral is standing up as they watch US/SK fire at mock-enemy planes flying around their section of waters..

I do recall an article, yesterday, stating SK fired, by mistake, into the DMZ. It seems US/SK are starting to ignite something...

However this is the 2nd time SK stated "if you attack us again, we will retatiliate"... Soeul is starting to sound like Pyongyang with their bold, unfullfilled, statements...

edit on 29-11-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
SK, We really really really really mean it this time....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm confused by all this, for the past couple of days I have been reading that these drills are defensive in nature and will not include any live firing of weapons. Who is telling the truth here if their is any truth to be had??

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

SK- We will retaliate!

NK- Liar Liar, Pant's on fire!

SK- oh, that was harsh....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's the same old thing over and over. NK gets pissy because nobody is paying any attention to them, so they blow up something.

Then in retaliation, SK tells them "Don't you do that again or I'm going to spank you!"

NK never gets "spanked" so they know there are no consequences for their actions. It's an unending cycle.

Edit to add; Slayer, your above post is very funny. Exactly what I was talking about. LOL
edit on 29-11-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I thought this was delayed due to inclement weather? At least that was the excuse given for not holding any drills on Yeonpyeong island...

link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
I'm confused by all this, for the past couple of days I have been reading that these drills are defensive in nature and will not include any live firing of weapons. Who is telling the truth here if their is any truth to be had??

They are using drills as a cover to place weapons and assets into position in case there is another provocative move by the North. This is the reason military exercises are considered an aggressive move.

The chess pieces are being reorganized on the board just in case. .

link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

The truth is that it's all computerized. There is no live-fire.

Korea is host to the largest computerized war-game simulations - the ships and units are often real, but the munitions fired, and even some of the threats are all simulated - much like in a combat simulator like Dangerous Waters, LOMAC, etc.

For training purposes - real 'targets' are used to train radar/sonar/etc watch standers how to use the equipment and ID targets.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh you are really in trouble this time NK. Just wait until your father gets home and sees the mess you have made. Are you hungry sweetie, you want some lunch? Jesus tap dancin' Christ!!! Punish the kid already!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
making drills and manoevers in times like that is just provoking..

its childish in my opinion..and shows ,well at least for me..what they want...provoke...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by CanadianDream420

SK- We will retaliate!

NK- Liar Liar, Pant's on fire!

SK- oh, that was harsh....

Spot on Slayer

and that is how this game will continue to be played.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
making drills and manoevers in times like that is just provoking..

its childish in my opinion..and shows ,well at least for me..what they want...provoke...

The exercise has been scheduled and known about for several months. Most of them are annual exercises done about the same time every year.

It is no mistake or coincidence that North Korea's attack on South Korea came only a few days before this exercise was scheduled - it was intended as an attempt to paint South Korea and the U.S. as antagonists to the ill-informed and simple of mind.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
^
^
^

Yes, they do have these drills annually. Although, moments before Obama publically said "We will defend our SK allies" the ACC was on it's way to the Yellow Sea.

Originally posted by LwSiX
I thought this was delayed due to inclement weather?

I hear the same thing.... but, I believe this was a public stall.
SK and NK are both positioning weapons on their borders, we saw from a few sources posted about.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Seems to be the m.o. of TPTB. Drills,drills & more drills. Then the drill goes live and its the real deal. I wouldn't doubt an imminent attack on NK. The perpetual state of war must be done so the world economies don't collapse & the banking cartel finances both sides to keep it going.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aztlan73

I agree, if not for China NK would be toast. Once they give in I would have to say things will be well under way regardless of what happens to the south.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
US should tell China, although I know they WANT a buffer zone, that we will "take care" of NK for you if you cut our debt 25%...

Although, millions of lives would be lost. It's gonna happen eventually.....
I believe we will see the DMZ dismantled and bombed in our lifetime.

N. Korea says it does not fear war, vows to give harsh response if attacked

N. Korea says it does not fear war, vows to give harsh response if attacked SEOUL, Nov. 29 (Yonhap) -- North Korea said Monday it is never afraid of war and vowed to "grub up" the base of its aggressors if attacked, condemning massive South Korean-U.S. naval exercises under way in response to the communist nation's artillery attack.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aztlan73
Seems to be the m.o. of TPTB. Drills,drills & more drills. Then the drill goes live and its the real deal. I wouldn't doubt an imminent attack on NK. The perpetual state of war must be done so the world economies don't collapse & the banking cartel finances both sides to keep it going.

There are no "TPTB" - it's simply the way human civilization is. Everything is constantly changing and toes are constantly being stepped on. As we begin to withdraw from Iraq and try to wrap things up in Afghanistan, the world is starting to allow its limited attention span to drift to other areas of conflict. Suddenly, a 50+ year stand-off has threatened to re-ignite and everyone is backing their horse.

One of the interesting things that may come out of this is a re-evaluation of American industrial practices. Right now, a lot of companies have listened to brain-dead accountants that tell them to go for the cheapest bid as a primary factor - this generally goes to a Chinese company. Many industries have already black-listed Chinese companies due to poor quality control standards and parts that fail in testing and on the line - particularly automotive companies and anything where performance of parts is a safety issue. However, many of your every-day items are made by Chinese companies almost every day.

Companies now have to stop and re-evaluate how they do business. Many get 80+% of their volume from Chinese suppliers and would simply be unable to meet demand if relations with China go tits-up. Even friendly nations, like Taiwan, can fall victim to the changing political/military situation in the Asian pacific.

We will likely see a number of companies start looking for European, Australian, and domestic (U.S.) suppliers and begin distributing volume so that a conflict between China and the U.S. would not lead to stalled production lines - other suppliers could be tasked with picking up the slack and make for a much smoother transition.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

So true, the US has fed the Chinese tiger for far too long and are responsible for what it is today, we have no one to blame but ourselves for this and Bill Clinton and gang for giving away our missile technology in the mid nineties for cheap political donations.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Yes its human nature. TPTB are the CFR, Trilateral Comm., NATO etc. Next the cap & trade situation will create a world government taxing everyone based on global warming. Yes its economic. War is a global economic phenomenon. One hand washes the other.

new topics

top topics

join