It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Gulfsteam C37A (GLF5) 104300 feet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So i was just watching air traffic when a question mark popped up over Ireland, i clicked on it and it turned out it was a United States Air Force Gulfstream C37A (GLF5) the thing that stunned me was the hight it was at or was at, to my knowledge they don't travel at tho's sort of altitudes do they?

edit on 29-11-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

Please move the slider over to view details >>>
edit on 29-11-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: EDIT

edit on 29-11-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's either a mistake or that 'Gulfstream' is really a U2 spy plane... Or maybe something else super secret?

Most likely a glitch though, where does the data come from? Are military aircraft usually listed? (I mean operational aircraft like your F18 and U2's and stuff, not passenger things like Learjets)

edit, apparently they cruise at a little less than half that, 51,000 feet.
edit on 29/11/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

* Maximum speed: Mach 0.885 (672 mph)
* Cruise speed: Mach 0.85 (488 knots, 904 km/h)
* Range: 5,800 nautical miles (10,742 km)
* Service ceiling: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)
* Takeoff distance: 5,150 ft (1,570 m)
* Landing distance: 2,770 ft (884 m)

LINK

I would say it's more likely a glitch.

edit on 29-11-2010 by inthemass because: fix

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I'm having trouble with flightradar24....(public WiFi connection, crappy/slow!! Grrr).

What I can see from your screen shot....look at groundspeed and track info. Zero and 0 degrees. Call sign "SPAR33" (you circled the airplane type). It shows a transponder squawk, and the radar facility (EICM). That is in Ireland.

www.ivao.aero...

- CTR's EIKN, EIDL, EICM, EIKY, EISG, EIWF during promulgated hours of activation.

Also, look at Lat/Long. LAT -31 LON 50 That is wrong, at least for Ireland... (I use N/S E/W....and forget the [-] symbols, which is which). (Obviously, since the Prime Meridian, running through Greenwich, England is 0 degrees longitude). It's a glitch.....they must have a flight plan in the system (they were assigned a squawk)...so either have already landed, and it's old data, or haven't taken off yet.....

I think it's GoogleEarth that uses the +/- symbols....frustrating, when you're used to the more traditional notations....

edit on 29 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
As a former air traffic controller, I'm a bit surprised at the 51K altitude mentioned. Since most aircraft stats. include the absolute or maximum altitude I'm assuming thats what the 51K figure represents. Normal cruise is somewhat below that.

What is more interesting, however, is the ground speed which is noted as "0".

So we are left with 2 possibilities IMHO:

1. Glitch in the equipment/transmission of the data.

2. There is something hovering at 103K feet plus that is disquised in the flight tracking system as a Gulfstream.

Occam's razor can be a bitch..especially when the alternative is so intriguing

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
It's either a mistake or that 'Gulfstream' is really a U2 spy plane... Or maybe something else super secret?

Most likely a glitch though, where does the data come from? Are military aircraft usually listed? (I mean operational aircraft like your F18 and U2's and stuff, not passenger things like Learjets)

edit, apparently they cruise at a little less than half that, 51,000 feet.
edit on 29/11/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

I have 3 other screen shots of the aircraft at lower altitudes,

16325 feet - 4976 m
8000 feet - 2438 m
3350 feet - 1021 m

I'm also unaware of any USAF bases in Ireland

I have no idea if military aircraft are usually listed i have only been using it since last Thursday and i have only seen that one so far, all other aircraft seem to read fine tho i must have clicked over 1000 so far but this just popped up out of nowhere and as a question mark so a little odd,

Website
www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A Gulf Stream with Area 51 engines?

Take off with the jets and turn them off and go electrogravitic from there on.

How cool would that be...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm also unaware of any USAF bases in Ireland

I have no idea if military aircraft are usually listed...

Joint-use, don't forget those....

Anyway, it is common for those types of airplanes (like the Gulfstream G5, in the "civilian" configuration, for VIP transport and such...hence, the "C-37" designation). They operate in "civilian" mode all of the time.

en.wikipedia.org...-_VIP_staff_transport

Well, that's for the REALLY important people!!

The G-V (C37) falls into "cargo transport" category. Though, I guess you could consider the Secretary of State, or of Defense, etc..."cargo"....(sometimes, the Gulfstream ferries them around)...

en.wikipedia.org...-_Cargo_transport

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, since I see you have screenshots of the airplne at lower altitudes.....that leads me to suspect that it flew in, landed in Ireland (see if you can find the airport...could be a civilian field too). The "glitch" is what could happen if crew forgot to turn "off" the transponder after landing. ("Standby" is more accurate, usually, for those types of avionics. Similar to airline-style). Forgetting the transponder is common, is often overlooked. It's one of those "beer" mistakes.....as in, on the crew rest/layover, the offending pilot, after a minor mistake, has to buy the first round.....
edit on 29 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I think it's GoogleEarth that uses the +/- symbols....frustrating, when you're used to the more traditional notations....

As an old friend and Air Force navigator had tattooed on the back of his left hand:

"East is Least and West is Best".........LOL
(Come to think of it, that was for calculating Magnetic Deviation..but it was a funny thought at any rate..)

Edit to Add: And you're correct, the reported position and the coordinates don't match....
edit on 29-11-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

"east least/west best" is what I remember as a memory aid for applying Variation....True versus Magnetic adjustment. Back in Primary Flight School days.......

Guess it was used for Google, too? Doesn't address the North/South dichotomy, though. No matter, I can look it up on....irony....Google!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Only "old citizen" can fly so high and he has new upgrades like RSC. (do so if you are something different). Because Stealth is so 90's...

But from Latvia?

edit on 29-11-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's most likely a glitch as already noted. here is one from last year that was kinda fun..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'll have to upload the other screen shots some time tonight i've exceeded my download limit for today

How i come about the thing was a little odd aswel

I was looking at some radar anomalies over Ireland at the time, there was & still is 2x elongated triangles that kept popping up, one of the coast of Cork Ireland and another of the coast of Galway Ireland they look like radar blocks like you might see if there was a mountain or building blocking the echos, problem was while they looked similar these anomaly was returning precipitation "rainfall" in the shape of a very long elongated triangle, both anomalies look like they are emitted from Shannon airport radar not so far from where the "Gulfstream" vanished,

And can i just add the Radar changes on the other screen shots aswel as the hight and they are...

EICM
EINN
NET2

Will post them up later to go over

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Kind of curious to know if they're landed, why would a transponder register such a high altitude? Wouldn't it be more likely to read zero?

I'm a complete cipher where this sort of stuff is concerned...I still think flying at all is akin to magic

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I know.

ITS AIRWOLF!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

in all seriousness I imagine it is a glitch as when I went on a BA 747 showed up as being at 7000ft and 0 ground speed.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

It's very sad, and shows my age, and my lack of taste in television viewing; that I caught that reference...

Sad, so very sad...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yeah....well, could be nothing other than a software programming flaw, either in the European ATC system, or the interface to what FlightRadar24 uses, or their internal network....

There is also the possibility of simple transient spikes....very brief "hits" of bad data. (When human operators encounter this, they can disregard. We still have the best brains for interpretation...even if digital computers can count faster, they still can't think..).

Since it is part of the ATC system over there....I'm not sure how more (or less) advanced they are, compared to domestic USA. But, it is probably safe to assume that they (like the U.S.) have a combination of older platforms and networks, that are gradually being upgraded with newer and better technology....these types of integrations have to be complicated (and over the last twenty years ago, or so, just following the tribulations in the U.S., there are constant problems).

They don't have the luxury of a full shut-down, nor do they have the ability to have an entirely new system, pre-built and in place, and just "flip a switch" to transition over. Further, over there, they are dealing with multiple jurisdictions, making it even more complicated.

Looking around the Webz, found a link to 'Eurocontrol'....example of their size and complexity:

www.eurocontrol.int...

Just for fun, there is a site called "LiveATC", with some selected audio feeds. Just noticed first time, besides all the USA places to listen in to, they even have International (outside the U.S.) links too:

www.liveatc.net...

Here's Shannon, Ireland. Approach/Departure Control.

www.liveatc.net...

And, Shannon High (sometimes they will handle the Atlantic crossings, outbound and inbound, when flights are utilizing the routes through their airspace):

www.liveatc.net...

( They show a range of frequencies, common for large control areas...never sure exactly which you are listening to, based on the site's info, though....
It appears to cycle through them, maybe...because of the voice changes you hear, in the controllers. AND, sometimes you can't hear the ground's transmissions at all...depends on where this site's monitoring receivers are....might just be a radio scanner system of some sort....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I tried to look up "NET2" for you, to find out what it is. Found it mentioned in a blog about the FlightRadar24 site, posted 31 March of this year:

We don't know the location of more than 50% of the receivers. Another problem is the NET2-network that consists of 20-40 unknown users. And the last problem is that we don't know if a receiver is down or if's just not receiving any planes for the moment. So we have no plans for such feature right now.

forum.flightradar24.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do know that "EINN" is the identifier for Shannon. This Gulfstream could very well have landed there.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Ok here are all the shots i managed to get...

I had a hard time keeping track of this thing it totally vanished a few times and i managed to get that on one screen shot (Screen Shot 2) the images are in "Time Order"

Right so this all happened in the space of 9-10 minutes

Image 1
Aircraft appears
Time 12:42
16325 feet

Screen Shot 2
Target vanishes
Time: 12:44

Screen Shot 3
Time: 12:48
8000 feet
Flight path retracted ?

Screen Shot 4
Time 12:51
104300 feet

Screen Shot 5
Time: not capture properly but it was 110% the last
3350 feet

Does anyone know what the green & red lines mean?

Going by that data its acting like a UFO

Any way go over the data and tell me what you think is going on here

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Mate, you've been a member for 3 years..
You know the score..
It's chinese lanterns
It's swamp gas
It's Venus
It's the GK para troop
And if all else fails,
It's a glitch.....

What you need to do is start your own site..
Then you need zero proof..
Just post that you saw something and presto, no arguments and 150 flags...
Not that I for a minute blame SO..He can't flag himself...
Kinda sad though, all the suck ups..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join