It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science reverse age process in mice!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ATTENTION
Already posted: Thread HERE

Mods, kill this

Sweet...just absolutely incredibly sweet.

Ever wonder what would happen if suddenly the seniors in society were given a treatment and physically they become a 20 year old again? Long has the "fountain of youth" been a fantasy worldwide...well..now we may be on the path to just that.

Source

Scientists have partially reversed age-related degeneration in mice, an achievement that suggests a new approach for tackling similar disorders in people.

By tweaking a gene, the researchers reversed brain disease and restored the sense of smell and fertility in prematurely aged mice. Previous experiments with calorie restriction and other methods have shown that aspects of aging can be slowed. This appears to be the first time that some age-related problems in animals have actually been reversed.

Its a early study, but its very promising...
incidently, mice and humans actually are very close in DNA structure...and just as complex. Its why mice are used alot in testing.

Amazing...time to raise the retirement age to 500
edit on 29-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hmmmm. To a large extent I wish this kind of reserach wasn't happening. We can't sustain the population of the world as it is, without multiplying the problem by several hundred by having everyone live indefinitely.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
at this point we'd probably need to find more planets to colonize in.

hooray for un-aging humans all over the universe!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Already posted

Thread here

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hmmmm. To a large extent I wish this kind of reserach wasn't happening. We can't sustain the population of the world as it is, without multiplying the problem by several hundred by having everyone live indefinitely.

We can...the overpopulation thing is somewhat of a myth..the problem is disproportunate (killed that spelling) resources and wealth.

So, no doubt, these treatments will at least initially be limited to the wealthy, then the semi-wealthy..

This is not immortality btw...even if it works perfectly..just means you will be fit and young until you drop dead from telomere issues...we still won't see 200, but we will be looking 20 at 100 from what I am seeing

and thats a good thing..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

I'm pretty sure ATS allows multiple threads on the same subject.

and considering how many threads about wikileaks are being posted on, I find it a breath of fresh air to see a thread on a different topic.

please allow the mods to do thier job and focus on adding something with your post

scientific reversal of aging is quite the accomplishment

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Science reverse age process in mice!!!
Or
Science reverses ice age process min?

join