It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Official: Obama to Freeze Pay for Fed Workers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Way to little to late.

This administration has already added millions of government workers in its attempt to pull the wool over our eyes. Government has grown while the private sector shrinks daily. Problem is, all the money to pay the government workers comes from the private sector. Government workers simply recycle and create NO wealth (new money through new products and services). Government destroys wealth.

This is the start of the Obama 2012 Election Campaign. Nothing more.

Anyone who has ever dealt with government offices and workers know about the redundancy and incompetence. Why have one person do something, when ten can do it for ten times the money in the same amount of time.

I have a couple of close friends I love, but who brag to me all of the time about how little they do for way to much money. They can miss up to three months work per year without being docked a single days pay. They can retire with 90% Salary at 55 and then take another government job at full pay without loosing any retirement pay. All on the backs of the people who pay for everything, the private sector workers and business owners.

One earns $120,000 per year and gets nearly another $40,000 in benefits. She retires in just three years. Her job? She runs an overhead crane that picks up barrels, moves them to the other side of the warehouse she works in and sets them down on pallets. That is it, that is all she does and has done for many years. She received 3 days of training and has been there since that time. She is also the Shop Steward in the Union, so she gets even more time off with full pay.

Multiply her by millions of people and you see why big government is such a dangerous thing. No offense to my friend, but she is unreliable, has done drugs the entire time she has worked there (she is hooked on Meth from dieting and they even paid for her stomach reduction surgery) and has figured out how to fool the random drug tests; in part because as Shop Steward she knows when they will happen. She brags openly about it.

This is also a way to turn government workers against private sector workers in a type of class warfare. Government workers have been treated so well and do so little for their money, they will never act in a manner that is responsible as they feed at the trough to which they make no contribution. It's the same as the Welfare crowd.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everwatcher33

174k, not bad for a part time job huh? They only work a third or half of the year?

And that includes great benefits, perks and an outstanding government pension! I think a lot of Americans would love to vote themselves a cost of living raise. How many people even come close to making 174K a year!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Everwatcher33

I don't try to hide my bias. And I understand we're in a kind of agreement that this freeze is BS but i think the reasoning behind our agreement is different.

My bottom line is that this has been happening, not only to me, but to a few million other americans as well. That doesn't just make it my problem, it makes it everyone else's too. And yes I do blame the government for my job situation, at least in part. The whole situation would be different had there been a real attempt to save american jobs, but there has not been.

Hello,

Tax payers is a better word to make your point..."(americans)"

Out-sourcing to save money is what I understand happened to the economy, next to Wall Street corruption with the Federal Reserve in-tow...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is complete political theater. Two billion in savings when we are running 1.4 trillion dollar deficits, and printing 100 Billion per month out of thin air to fund it means less than nothing.

To me this is one more illustration they have no intention of even trying to save our economy, they must have come to the conclusion it's too late to do anything. Considering nobody is willing to even consider real reform of our healthcare and social security, they are probably correct.

Anyone who thinks this does anything, is just the kind of fool Obama is making this announcement for.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It's about time. For too long have these bloodsuckers been getting paid far too much money and wasting tax dollars on nonsense.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
For once I agree with the man.

federal employees make too much as it is.

As I understand it though congress is exempt though.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thanks, Blaine for just re-affirming what we all know to be true. Somehow, someway we need a candidate to run for President that will have the balls to take this tiger by the tail. Even though I have no faith in Barry per se, I know they're all the same. Had McCain won I doubt things would be much different. As corny as it sounds, this is primarily a fight of good versus evil. God help us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join