It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

celebs stop using social networking until fans donate $1million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There you go the one's with all of the money Want people with no money to raise a million $ for how or what.

Some one should start a face book page telling then to all go to hell and put there own money it to this BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
HAHAHA their little bullying fans into donating didn't work. There is hope out there!

They had to beg some billionaire to donate 500k.

Celebrities were so frustrated with the time it took to raise $1 million for Keep a Child Alive's "Digital Death" campaign, they persuaded a wealthy savior to give them $500,000 so they could get back on Twitter.

Brooklyn-born billionaire pharmaceutical executive Stewart Rahr donated $500,000 yesterday to meet the $1 million goal, thereby resuscitating Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Seacrest,Daphne Guinness and others on Twitter and Facebook.

The boldfaces agreed to "kill" themselves on social media until they raised a $1 million for the charity, which helps fund HIV/AIDS relief in Africa and India. But it took longer than expected, and insiders say the celebs became frustrated.

source

Epic fail on their end. They want to blame promotions and everything else but themselves and the concept behind it. Thinking their fans would just jump to their demands and donate 1 million dollars is ridiculous. Do they not see how bad it is for us normal folk on the planet? We don't get paid millions to prance around on tv and act like idiots and for no real reason. The Kardashians are the worst. WHY are they on tv?! Oh wait cause their dad defended OJ? Please! They do nothing for society but keep the botox/plastic surgeons in business. I am tired of seeing people like this in the limelight. They do nothing for society.

I'm glad they failed. I am all for helping out others but basically bullying people into donating is not the way to go. Why don't they get off their asses and donate their time? Or how about their own money, they CAN afford it. I bet that campaign cost more than 1 million dollars. It's sad they thought people would really care if they didn't tweet and the fact the celebs were annoyed it was taking so long, a week mind you, just shows they didn't care about the cause whatsoever. It was a publicity stunt for them so they could say hey I care about this! Well it shows they dont because if they did they wouldn't have persuaded some billionaire to donate the money and they wouldn't have been annoyed at a week of no tweeting. They could have split the money up amongst themselves and donated it.

I am so sick of celebs in the limelight for things they don't deserve. None of them care about people or AIDs or starving children. They care about what it will make them look like. I would much rather see every day people doing good in the world, where they don't expect anything in return. These celebs don't care.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join