It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad dismisses Wikileaks cables release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Iran's Ahmadinejad dismisses Wikileaks cables release

www.bbc.co.uk

Iran's president has dismissed as propaganda the leaking of US cables detailing Arab calls for Washington to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the release by the Wikileaks website of thousands of extracts from US diplomatic messages was simply psychological warfare against Iran.

He said the release would not affect Iran's relations with other countries.

The US said the release was "reckless" and put the lives of diplomats at risk.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Is he attempting to create a illusion that all is well there region of the world. Is he sucking up to his oil rich neighbors?? ? Knowing full well they don't trust him???

This has a ton of information on many different leaked info...it has the conspiracy that this whole wikileaks thing is disinfo from our government and more!!!

Enjoy!!!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Other issues reportedly covered in the cables are:

* Iranian attempts to adapt North Korean rockets for use as long-range missiles

* Corruption in Afghanistan with concerns heightened when a senior official was found to be carrying more than $52m (£33m) in cash on a foreign trip

* Bargaining to empty the Guantanamo Bay prison camp - including Slovenian diplomats being told to take in a freed prisoner to secure a meeting with President Barack Obama

* Germany being warned in 2007 not to enforce arrest warrants for CIA officers involved in an operation in which an innocent German citizen with the same name as a suspected militant was abducted and held in Afghanistan

* US officials being instructed to spy on the UN leadership by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton * Alleged links between the Russian government and organised crime, with intelligence agencies using underworld bosses to carry out operations

* Yemen's president talking to General David Petraeus (while he was responsible for US military operations in Central Asia and the Middle East as head of US Central Command) about attacks on Yemeni al-Qaeda bases and saying: "We'll continue saying the bombs are ours, not yours"
* Faltering US attempts to prevent Syria from supplying arms to Hezbollah in Lebanon

edit on 29-11-2010 by LDragonFire because: to add quoted txt

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Wiki-releases planned in advance: Iran‎

Iran's President has questioned the recent leaked documents obtained and published by the Wikileaks website, saying the US administration "released" material intentionally.

In response to a question by Press TV on Monday over the whistleblower website's "leaks," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said "let me first correct you. The material was not leaked, but rather released in an organized way."

"The US administration released them and based on them they pass judgment …. [The documents] have no legal value and will not have the political effect they seek," the Iranian chief executive added at the press briefing in Tehran.

Ahmadinejad stressed that the Wikileaks "game" is "not worth commenting upon and that no one would waste their time reviewing them."

www.presstv.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Is it really that shocking that he would deny these allegations? If he really wants to put his money where his mouth is, he should release information that contradicts what's in the wikileakds cables...if he has it that is.
edit on 29-11-2010 by peter_kandra because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Is it just me, or did the majority of us completely make the wrong call on the effect of the cables being released? While yes ithas candid thoughts from our ambassadors refernce the people they deal with, but so far the stuff coming out seems to ahve the opposite effect, which makes other countries look bad while in turn presents the US as being the one with a coll handed approach to issues, attemtping not to overreact.

Is it just me seeing this?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As I posted on another thread

I love how wikileaks and Assange are the virtual Robin Hoods of the world around here on ATS when they were releasing all the information on The War on Terror, and everyone bought everything hook line and sinker. Everyone stood up for them and ALL of that information was true down to the letter.... Now when people on ATS see this, and it doesnt conform to their US bashing, or pro Iran sentiment, then all the sudden they are a front agency and the leaks cant be trusted..... Seriously people.........you lack the courage of your convictions

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Is it just me, or did the majority of us completely make the wrong call on the effect of the cables being released? While yes ithas candid thoughts from our ambassadors refernce the people they deal with, but so far the stuff coming out seems to ahve the opposite effect, which makes other countries look bad while in turn presents the US as being the one with a coll handed approach to issues, attemtping not to overreact.

Is it just me seeing this?

No, I agree with you completely, especially Saudi Arabia's desire for the US to take care of Iran. If anything it should level the playing field for other countries who always criticize the US (we who live here have enough criticism of our own, we don't need any outside help ). In all fairness though, only a tiny fraction has been released, but you would have thought that something of "history changing" significance would have been released in the 1st batch.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I called this on some thread here.
Some of them definitely seemed geared to garner support for attacking Iran or were leaked to make Iran paranoid.

The thing about these cables from the middle east regarding Iran are almost worthless. They could be straight up lies. These other countries probably support Iran's stance against Israel but want the U.S. money so they could easily fire off a message like "attack Iran" knowing it wont happen and making them look good.

Notice he didn't say they weren't fake, but controlled/organized. Just because they were organized doesn't mean they weren't sent.

We have a lot of sh*t to sort through with this huh?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah this whole thing with the leaks is turning into a huge onion... Just when you think you have it, you peel back the layer only to reveal another layer containing something different.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah this whole thing with the leaks is turning into a huge onion... Just when you think you have it, you peel back the layer only to reveal another layer containing something different.

Isn't that the truth, it looks like a play to drum up support for war against Iran. I almost bet if these neighbors of Iran wants the US to attack, that we could most likely find public comments from these same leaders supporting Iran??? talking out of both sides of there mouths...?

But in the end this whole wikileaks thing sure has taken our interest in the TSA away. Anyone else notice this?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I already have a similar thread here

Second line
edit on 29-11-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Going back to a conspiracy driven thought process the US has been the target of the International Community for many years now about our actions in the world, and how we act "unilaterly".

I am wondering if the leaks, from top to bottom, was a way for the US to tell the world quit complaining about what we do when we do it, because its not the US who is pushing the agenda but instead other countries using the US to push their own agendas.

All the cables released to date, while embarrasing to the US to the extent the info was released, seem to call out other countries in such a manner that it appears to be a shot across the bow. The US telling these countries cease and desist with the bitching and lieing about the US unilateral actions.

The statement All Politics are local comes ot mind. Take Saudi Arabia for sintance and the info about pushing the US to attack Iran. Alone this is nothing new, as we know their goals run counter to Irans. However when its pointed out that Suadi Arabia, along with a few other middle east governments, is in agreement with the "Zionist Regime" in Israel, the ocus moves off Iran, and refocuses anger back to the Governments like Saudi Arabia who now have the problem of dealing with Iran, appearing as if they cant do anything without the US assistance, all the while being tagged with having the same Agenda as Israel, which alone will cause massive issues.

The Theory that there is supposed to be some huge False Flag attack may be accurate, but not in the sense we though, which was military action. The release of this info might be the false flag.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

release fact with fiction, very simple way to get people to either believe everything or nothing, no middle ground for some.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

If nothing else these cables show that the US Government says one thing in meetings with many countries to get what they want, but something totally different behind their backs..

So, is it not reasonable to assume these countries do the same???

That is, tell the US what they wish to hear,
ie: that Iran needs taming, but behind the US's back they believe Iran is in the right??

Sounds fair to me...

edit on 29-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

top topics

join