It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Helicopter/UFO's over Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'll let you move on!

TJ

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
im going to go with chinese lantern....u can see where the flame is at the bottom....and most likley the guy that videod it was the guy that set the lanterns off...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Definitely an interesting video!
I cant wait to see what the "experts" say.
I have to agree with the whole Chinese lantern excuse being WAAAAY over used.
I mean really?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I agree and as I stated earlier, why would you release lanterns in daytime? If it was indeed lanterns why would this helicopter observe for that extended amount of time? Doesn't make sense, maybe it's some new new probe were testing out.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Can someone please remove this butter knife from my eye socket? I had to stab myself from the torture of auto-focus syndrome.

Again, UFO's are not objects that can be easily explained away as RC/UAV craft, which are very common and getting more common these days. Helicopter was observing/filming the RC/UAV craft, probably for promotional/training purposes.

Learn how to put your video camera into manual focus please, I'm running out of eyes to stab.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I agree and as I stated earlier, why would you release lanterns in daytime? If it was indeed lanterns why would this helicopter observe for that extended amount of time? Doesn't make sense, maybe it's some new new probe were testing out.

That's what I'm having trouble with too. I mean, super duper intelligent pilots, manning complicated helicopters, should be able to conclude they are just pesky lantern-toys and move on. No?

And agreed. Why would someone deploy lanterns in the daytime?
Isn't this entire world in a recession? How can people afford to waste what....35-75 dollars a lantern just to upload it on YouTube? I mean, I s'pose it's possible but I just don't think it's that probable.

Eh, what do I know??? (Rhetorical question. No answer required
)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

yes, I see your logic, but, it appears that one moves toward the other, then stops for a few moments, then moves away.

you cannot use air currents to explain this away, if they are being moved by currents, then they will both move, at the same time, and in the same general direction.

I am no expert, but I do have the ability to use common sense, and I know what it is not.

it's not a lantern!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Can someone please remove this butter knife from my eye socket? I had to stab myself from the torture of auto-focus syndrome.

Again, UFO's are not objects that can be easily explained away as RC/UAV craft, which are very common and getting more common these days. Helicopter was observing/filming the RC/UAV craft, probably for promotional/training purposes.

Learn how to put your video camera into manual focus please, I'm running out of eyes to stab.

Oh so now they are filming 'em for training purposes.

Don't they have their OWN military bases for these functions? I mean...it's like saying back in 1997 the military dropped dozens of flares over the city of Phoenix just for practice.
Oooops. They DID say that now, didn't they???

Ugh!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
most of you allways talk about the one with the light source...ye i agree..looks like a lantern..but whats with the other one?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Wow, good post.

that is some very interesting viewing. I do not know what it is, but I'll bet my life it's not swamp gas, chinese lanterns, or ballons. and, the fact that a black helicopter was dispatched to the scene is rather telling that is was not a usual occurence.

it seems to be; unidentified, flying, and yes it's an object.

great find.

S&F for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The fact that the pilot stuck around to watch these things for more than 10 seconds leads me to believe that they did not know what they were observing.
Maybe the pilot was a civilian and happened to be carrying a video camera as well? Wouldn't it be something to see that video???!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Imagine another scenario? Nobody detected anything on radar. Helicopter, possibly law enforcement, is on routine training or on station in area. Pilot and crew visually detect objects showing light source (lanterns) in their proximity. They monitor objects as a potential flight risk, slow down and observe and then go about their routine business.

TJ

edit on 29-11-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

helicopter with no markings?? just out on patrol?? if nothing to see, why didn't the helicopter just move along????

LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ive seen 3 different ufo sighting here in florida.... Don't surprise me not one bit..... I think they are government aircraft most of them we have alot of bombing ranges and air force bases here....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I see black helicopters all the time here in Central FL. I even saw one fairly close, as it landed at the Coast Guard base, as I was driving by (the pad is very close to the road)... So close, that I could make out the Homeland Security emblem on the main door.

I couldn't see the underside well, so couldn't see if there was an ID number, but it didn't look like the belly was white...it looked black.

I've never seen a UFO when seeing them though...but seeing the helicopters themselves...I probably see a few each year.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
Definitely an interesting video!
I cant wait to see what the "experts" say.
I have to agree with the whole Chinese lantern excuse being WAAAAY over used.
I mean really?

According to Harry, the 'lantern excuse' now has sub-categories now.

Lanterns Being Launched

A) For fun
B) For hoaxing purposes
C) For military training

Come on folks...there are 23 more letters left in the alphabet. Care to add on?

(just kidding Harry. Anything is possible)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I figured it out. They're contrails.

as Chinese lanterns are the new swamp gas, let contrails be the new Chinese lantern!!:

Yes I'm being sarcastic!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

if you cant dazzle them with brillance, then baffle them with bull.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think it's not the presences of military helicopters that's unusual rather it's the combination of UFOs (be it lanterns or whatever) and military crafts that seems out of place. Ya know?

And really? You saw the word Homeland Security on the bottom? Man that reeks of fascism but.....that's another story!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I will admit, the one UFO does resemble a Chinese lantern but can we be saying that because we're getting conditioned to THINK that's what these are?

I am old enough to remember Gulf Breeze, Florida flap back in the 80's where Walters UFO photos (which the majority deemed, authentic) had an energy source underneath them.

So I would bet, if we saw them now, in 2010, we'd say they were lanterns too.
So my point is, I don't think it's fair to file all these lantern-like UFOs under one neat concise category of: toys...... and call it a day. I feel we're getting too narrow-minded again. Just like the swamp-gas days.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

if u'll check this video at 1:20
u'll see a duplicate of what is in
ur video in the OP.

It's garbage bag lantern

plus in the OP video
u can see one of them start descending
when the flame burns out

and the helicopter was probably just
following up on a 911 call where somebody
reported UFO's in the area.