It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a sign of population reduction?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Regs-Coke, Diet Coke and Coke Zero; I left a six pack of each in my car overnight in sub zero temperatures; only the Regularr coke was frozen!
I'd rather take the sugar calorie hit thanks and work it off at the gym.
Also - how hard is it to find chewing gum that isn't sweetened?

edit on 30-11-2010 by OptimusPrimate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
An article I found earlier....

Germ busting chemicals used in cleaning products and on food tins could be harmful to health, scientists claim.
The substances- triclosan and bpa can supress the immune system and make people prone to allergies, according to a new study.
The findings emerged from tests on thousands of volunteers in the u.s
Triclosen is found in cleaning products and kitchen utensils while bpa is used to line food cans..

Also another...

Baby medicine containing paracetamol can treble a Childs chance of getting hayfever, a study claimed..
Infant remedies, containing paracetamol, such as calpol, also doubled the risk af asthma.. Allergies are more common in children given medicines I. Their first 15 months..

Both these separate articles were printed In a uk newspaper today..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusPrimate
reply to post by rajaten

Regs-Coke, Diet Coke and Coke Zero; I left a six pack of each in my car overnight in sub zero temperatures; only the Regularr coke was frozen!

That's crazy!! Wonder why it didn't freeze??

Reminds me of an artist here in the uk, she bought a mcdonalds happy meal from mcdonalds and wanted to photograph it over 6 months, watching it decompose..
After 6 months, the happy meal looked exactly the same as it did on the day she bought it.. Nothing decomposed, the bread didn't even grow mould.. And all insects avoided the food, not even ants would touch it!!!
And we put this crap into our bodies!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I do think this has something to do with the modern diet. I have recently stopped eating processed foods and my health has improved drastically, almost instantly after I started.

I am losing weight at a very rapid pace now that I only eat natural foods, and I my thinking is clearer. Also, I am now sleeping regular hours (11 PM to 7 AM in the morning) and it happened naturally.

If it doesn't grow from the earth or walk or swim, don't eat it. Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't have time to read through all five pages of replies, so if I am saying something that someone else has already mentioned, I apologize in advance.

I am an environmental toxicologist, and I can quickly go over a couple issues which I think are directly related to this (as it is in other species).

The first is polyaromatic hydrocarbons... plastic. Plastic has become a way of life in the 21st century, and it is really not good for us. But then again, the benefits of using this material comes with a significant trade off, and that is the quality of life (debatable) is better for having used plastics for all sorts of things. Think of a world without plastic, and it is probably a whole lot less enjoyable. Then again, this material is choking our environment and breaks down to pretty toxic compounds which mimic hormones. So you make the call.

The second are herbacides/pesticides such as atrazine. Atrazine has been clearly shown to cause dysmorphisms in amphibian reproductive development (regardless of what the EPA and the chemical company lobbiests might tell you). There are many other compounds out there which we freely distribute into the environment to satisfy a whole host of human needs. Again, its a trade off. Crop yields are better (debatable, but not my field), people are able to get their 99 cent value menus, but it comes at the cost of hormonal mimicry.

The third are heavy metals. These come from alllll sorts of places, and are also found naturally. Specifically areas where bioaccumulation takes place (like estuaries), these materials build up over time. These directly affect your mitochondria, and subsequently cellular respiration and overall wellness. This most likely has a place in the larger scheme.

All of this being said, I don't have answers. But I will tell you this, I do not cook with or eat with plastic (generally... sometimes it is almost unavoidable). I don't drink soda (diet or otherwise) and I don't eat meat (fish on the rare occasion). I avoid trans fats like the plague and generally anything that has an ingredient list that runs the length of the packaging is out of the question. We make choices about our lifestyles, and you have full control over what you put in your mouth. While we still breathe and drink these chemicals (yeah... they persist in the water supply), we can at least manage one port of entry.

On that note, I am off to isolate mitochondria. A good day to you all.
edit on 30-11-2010 by KringleFantastico because: Added "herbacides".

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by OptimusPrimate
reply to post by rajaten

That's crazy!! Wonder why it didn't freeze??

Reminds me of an artist here in the uk, she bought a mcdonalds happy meal from mcdonalds and wanted to photograph it over 6 months, watching it decompose..
After 6 months, the happy meal looked exactly the same as it did on the day she bought it.. Nothing decomposed, the bread didn't even grow mould.. And all insects avoided the food, not even ants would touch it!!!
And we put this crap into our bodies!!

Much to my horror, I found out yesterday after listening to the Alex Jones Show that silicone is put in fast foods. It is true. I looked it up on the Internet to verify it, and I found this article on Wikipedia:

Polydimethylsiloxane

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I personally think it's because of the hormones that are put in livestock to increase their yield and also poultry.
We not only get red meat and white chicken meat from these but also milk, cheese, yoghurt, eggs and many more bi products. Its been impossible to avoid over the last 2 decades.
And that coincidentally timed in with the beginnings of the first wave of infertility problems.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

i think this is twofold - population redux for sure, also; if you all are familiar with the term chi- i study taichi, and easterm philosophy..increasing chi is the main focous, it increases ones immune responce, sexual power, and intelligence..tptb- also, want us dumbed down for obvious reasons...chi is one of the few things that is free in this world--i recomend getting some..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I wonder.... if men were statistically speaking 20% more fertile, would there be 20% more people? Probably. A scary thought.

Yes, we are under attack! I say show PTB our true power by breeding like rabbits!

But seriously though, generally we're more like a plague to all living creatures even including ourselves. These population booms happened in nature before, especially during Pangea period and they don't last too long. Its sad that we behave the same exact way as animals, breeding, eating, sleeping - until some natural disaster wipes us out. Meantime we'll be busy competing for territory and food, just like animals.
edit on 30/11/2010 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure drug use effects sperm as well, and i feel lots of people in the world are smoking pot and snorting coke these days.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by revlis

funny you say that... i had already thought about that.. even looked into local 'schools' to see if i can join..
i dont know much about it, but what i have heard are all good things..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This topic has been covered beautifully on ATS with lots of information. I am heading to school soon so I can't dig it up. But I believe it is due to women using birth control pills who than pee in the toilets which ends up in our drinking waters.

Something like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Reduced population growth rates are not caused by environmental or medical factors. The amount of infertile people is simply too low to account for this sharp decline or differencies.

So what causes the decline in reproduction rates? Lifestyle People in the past used to have 5-6-7 children by 30. Now it is barely more than 2, and lots of people dont even want to have children at all. Its simple as that, no government depopulation conspiracies or evil chemicals needed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Laptops are really bad for men to on the laps.

It is also took 3 years again for her to get pregnant again.

That was weird. Was a heavy cigarette smoker too maybe that could have been it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Reduced population growth rates are not caused by environmental or medical factors. The amount of infertile people is simply too low to account for this sharp decline or differencies.

So what causes the decline in reproduction rates? Lifestyle People in the past used to have 5-6-7 children by 30. Now it is barely more than 2, and lots of people dont even want to have children at all. Its simple as that, no government depopulation conspiracies or evil chemicals needed.

how do you know how many people are actually fertile? i dont think many men actually get tested and i would imagine not many people under the age of 25, would have been tested either.. this is the generation that it would affect most.. it is well documented that the food we eat is full of nasty chemicals, whether that is part of a grand conspiracy or it is just simply so these corporations can make more money, and will go to any length to do that, doesnt matter.. our food does have harmfull ingredients..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Dont worry, its a good thing, it will stop us from becoming over populated, and incase you have forgotten that is a bad thing "avoid at all costs"

So this population reduction is only for the best, accept it, and maybe you will come to understand such programs are needed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I believe it could be alot of combined things that are making people infertal. Hormones in the water supply is a big factor it's almost impossible to filter that stuff out.
news.nationalgeographic.com... aine.html
www.alternet.org...

Humans are not the only ones being affected either.
www.insiderreports.com...

Will try and find the article about some lake in MI where the male frog population is so low that it may not be reverseable. I wonder if the human race will ever get to that point?

Honestly I look around at the world today and sometimes think... Would it be better if there were alot less people living on this planet? We have done away with natural selection, and from what I can see the one's that mother nature would have weeded out long ago are the people with the most kids...

I know it sounds harsh but this is a subject almost never discussed, and I feel it should be. An ecosystem can only support so much life what happnes when ours is at it's breaking point? Do we just start killing off millions of people? Or do we plan ahead and prepare? I do not agree with the whole NWO de-population thing, but think something has to be done soon. As much as we would like to believe, we are not the masters of our universe there are greater things at play here. Species have come and gone and so will we. GUARENTEED!! My main question will we be our own demise and go out with a bang or will we just fade away?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Thank you for being a voice of sanity and reason in this otherwise ridiculous thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

two kids. have had a cell phone there for the last ten years

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Misterlondon

Got some links for us?

I think there is something to this. We are exposed to so much these days its hard to say where its coming from.

I love my diet coke, but its soooo bad for me.

limit or eliminate your expose to any type of artificial man made anything. Avoid high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, avoid products involved with pesticides and growth hormones. Drink non fluoride water. Buy only organic foods. Supplement Omega3 Fish oils, they have been observed to break down Styrofoam.

It might not be any one thing but the combination of many "things".

I'm agnostic so its not a religious or spiritual thing when I say nature gives you everything you need without having to resort to synthesizing foods.

Hey it may not work, I'm not claiming it will, but I will go as far to claim it won't do any harm to avoid those synthetic man made additives.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join