It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US not interested in Iran's nuclear program - it's all about oil'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

'US not interested in Iran's nuclear program - it's all about oil'

www.youtube.com

After years of waiting, Iran has switched on its first nuclear power plant. The country's atomic chief says the Russian-built Bushehr reactor will soon begin pumping electricity to Iranian cities. For more insight, RT talks to journalist Afshin Rattansi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

So what are your thoughts on this.

It is pretty obvious that:

1. Iran has every right to build peaceful nuclear technology.
2. Iran is against WMDs, officially and morally./
3. US push to isolate Iran due to its nuclear activity is way beyond hypocrisy and poses a double standard scenario.

It is clear non of this fuss is about Iranian nuclear pursuits, because US knows there is no nuke threat coming from Iran.

What is it then?

Thoughts?

oz

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why under-estimate Iran so much? Off-course they want, and will eventually get, nuclear weapons. It's just naive to think they will only pursue nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

Iran, naturally i guess, want's to be the biggest player in the middle-east. What better way to do this than get nukes? Once this is achieved the game is changed and no other country in the region could possibly threaten Iran.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Absolute rubbish. It's about many things. Where is the proof to backup your totally outrageous statements?. Proof as in names, key dates & official documentation!. Gut feelings & youtube videos are not proof either

edit on 29-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Iran is against WMD's

?

Oh I doubt that!

Yes this plant will provide power, but your a fool to believe the military wont benefit greatly either.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

AGE OF NUKES IS OVER

Iran's president says Tehran rejects nuclear weapons, as both immoral and unpractical tools that powers build, stockpile and use to threaten others.
"The age of the nuclear bomb, the worst and ugliest weapon known to man is over. We reject atomic weapons both in moral and practical terms," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a press conference in New York on Tuesday afternoon. "We believe those who build, store and use nuclear weapons to threaten others are committing the ugliest deed of all," he added.

Ahmadinejad described Washington's decision to disclose the number of its nuclear warheads as a step forward, but asked the US administration whether it took pride in possessing such destructive power. "Just two bombs created that atrocity in two Japanese cities. Now do you think it is a source of pride to own 5,000 new generation warheads with greater destructive potential?" he asked. Ahmadinejad said US nuclear weapons were a global threat, especially to the people in countries where they are stored.

He also commented on remarks by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon about the need for Iran to" restore trust within the international community on the peaceful nature of its nuclear program." Ahmadinejad said if the UN headquarters were in Tehran and Iran held veto powers at the Security Council, Ban would not have spoken as he did on Monday. He pointed out that Iran's atomic activities were under the full supervision of the UN nuclear watchdog and said that it was not up to Iran to prove its innocence.

"The US government claims that Iran's nuclear work has diverted from the peaceful path. We ask, 'What evidence do you have to prove that,' and they say 'We have no proof, but we are sure that you have deviated, you prove otherwise.' How can we move forward with such logic," asked Ahmadinejad. The Iranian president was in New York to take part in the UN nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) review conference.

www.indymedia-letzebuerg.net...

AND

Khomeini WMD HARAM

Khomeini dismisses the nuclear program as a "suspicious Western innovation" that has no business in his Islamic Republic. Besides, weapons of mass destruction are haram, or forbidden, according to the teachings of Allah.

www.spiegel.de...

This whole claim that Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon has no back bone.

I can also make accusations about any nation, and any person, but if you have no evidence to back up your accusation, you have paranoia issues, and need to visit the doctor./

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

We all know that every government, my own very much included, often says one thing and means the complete other.

Honestly, if you think just because Iran's leaders say they are not interested in nuclear weapons, they are not, then you are mistaken.
edit on 11/29/2010 by jonny2410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by oozyism

We all know that every government, my own very much included, often says one thing and means the complete other.

Honestly, if you think just because Iran's leaders say they are not interested in nuclear weapons, they are not, then you are mistaken.

How about this..

Why would they want nuclear weapons?

You don't seriously believe that they want to nuke Israel

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You don't seriously believe that they want to nuke Israe

Ahmedinnerjacketdad did threaten to blow them off the map. Don't give me interpretation BS he said it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

How about this..

Why would they want nuclear weapons?

You don't seriously believe that they want to nuke Israel

I don't believe Iran would ever wan't to use nuclear weapons unless it was as a last resort. Their leadership is not stupid enough to preemptively attack with nukes, and almost certainty, cause the destruction of iran within hours.

The reason they want nuclear weapons is strategic. As i said earlier, Iran is trying to increase its influence in the middle-east and become the biggest player. What better way to cement yourself as the most powerful country in the region than by having nukes? Once they acquire them it's a whole new ball game.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The whole reason we are conserned is because the Iranian president is a fcking nutjob... He hates the US and all the are affiliated with us. I suggest that you look into the president of Iran A LITTLE MORE

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I don't believe Iran would ever wan't to use nuclear weapons unless it was as a last resort. Their leadership is not stupid enough to preemptively attack with nukes, and almost certainty, cause the destruction of iran within hours.

The reason they want nuclear weapons is strategic. As i said earlier, Iran is trying to increase its influence in the middle-east and become the biggest player. What better way to cement yourself as the most powerful country in the region than by having nukes? Once they acquire them it's a whole new ball game.

Yes I agree they want influence, but I don't think in this day and age you need nukes to have influence.

Look at N-Korea for example.

Do you think Iran is retard and doesn't have the ability to observe and learn?

Iran has gained influence in S-America, among its neighbours, and wider neighbours without any nukes. Please visit "Iran Gamble Pays off" in my signature, it has extra details regarding the spread of Iranian influence. Non of that influence came through nukes.
edit on 29-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by oozyism

Ahmedinnerjacketdad did threaten to blow them off the map. Don't give me interpretation BS he said it.

Sure he did.

and

Ahmadinejad invented the ATOM bomb

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I don't think you can compare North Korea to Iran.

North Korea has always wanted to be left alone. They practically stop their citizens from leaving! The fact they have developed nukes did not isolate them at all, they were already incredibly isolated. It's like a totally different world inside NK.

Iran getting nuclear weapons will not isolate them, and they know this.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

I don't think you can compare North Korea to Iran.

North Korea has always wanted to be left alone. They practically stop their citizens from leaving! The fact they have developed nukes did not isolate them at all, they were already incredibly isolated. It's like a totally different world inside NK.

Iran getting nuclear weapons will not isolate them, and they know this.

Iran going nuclear will isolate them, because finally the West will have a credible excuse.

Right now it has no credible excuse, already it is trying extremely hard, and it is working to some extent.

Imagine what the situation would be like if there was credibility.

+

Why would Iran need nuclear weapons? It is already doing great spreading its influence. It is making smart policies, without nukes.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by oozyism

Got a link for that or is it just more ignorant hyperbole from phatty?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Given Iran's supreme leaders radical ideology, nuclear capabilities could be dangerous in the hands of a regime such as the Iran. Not that Alhemedajad is bad or anything, he is just your average politician. He comes with open arms, and a great big smile on his face, that's his job. He's a tool, just like Mr. Obama.

But according to law, as a member of the Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran rightfully has the luxury to peruse a peaceful nuclear technology program (ie;energy). But is strictly restricted from manufacturing weaponry.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Persia is smart dude, they'd be stupid to NOT be trying to build a nuclear weapon. Its the ultimate defence, and a seat at the world table.
But, I believe that Iran had the materials to make a bomb a long time ago. North Korea openly trades with Iran.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia has asked the US to attack Iran to stop it from developing Nuclear capabilites. Other countries in the Middle East mistrust Iran as well. www.guardian.co.uk...

Edit: It doesn annoy me that the west should be blamed for any anger directed at Iran. The media just helpfully ignores the fact that Saudi Arabia wants the US to attack Iran and that other countries in the Middle East mistrust Iran too.

edit on 29-11-2010 by monkey_descendant because: added opinion

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join