It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's handling of Afghan child detainees queried

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Canada's handling of Afghan child detainees queried

www.cbc.ca

The Canadian Forces have for years arrested children suspected of working with the Taliban and handed them over to an Afghan security unit accused of torture, CBC News has learned.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is disgusting, this is done even though they clearly knew how corrupt and *Snip* up the Afghan government and its security forces are.

We know of cases of rape and torture under the Afghan army and security forces.

Considering the amount of corruption in Afghanistan, how do we know children are not being raped and molested by the puppet forces and getting away with it? DUUUH corruption.

This whole *Snip* up situation makes me sick.

Thoughts on this messed up situation?

Oz

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/30/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Awh common Canada, torturing brainwashed children for the use of information is plain WRONG!

I am Canadian. A few friends of mine are in Afghan right now. They say its not too bad in terms of morality, but it definitely has its moments.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Torturing brainwashed children is the opposite of cool. They're kids; give them a sandwich and kick around a ball with them, and they'll probably talk. Aside from all that, what kind of useful information can one really expect to glean from a child? Kids easily get things mixed up and are notoriously bad with details.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Torturing brainwashed children is the opposite of cool. They're kids; give them a sandwich and kick around a ball with them, and they'll probably talk. Aside from all that, what kind of useful information can one really expect to glean from a child? Kids easily get things mixed up and are notoriously bad with details.

I really don't care about information, because the insurgents are not gonna give important information to children.

I'm more concerned about rape and molestation, which is horrendous acts against humanity. Not to mention torture for pleasure.

Imagine how much rich psycho are paying money in Afghanistan to fulfil their psychotic and horrifying dreams??

I've watched Hostle, and I actually see the possibility.

It just makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Trust you man, to be here with rape and molestation guns ablazin.

My god, is there anything you WONT succumb to? wow... what a base anarchist.

You said it buddy

I really don't care about information

You just dont care unless you get a damn hit.. you're god damned sad son.. SAD...
edit on 29/11/2010 by badw0lf because: ugh i puked a little bit..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by oozyism

Trust you man, to be here with rape and molestation guns ablazin.

My god, is there anything you WONT succumb to? wow... what a base anarchist.

We have many, many cases of rape and torture under the hands of Afghan security forces. It is in the above source I posted. Stop acting stupid.

By the way, do you know what corruption means?
Here, I will help you with the answer: It means you can do what ever you want, and get away with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
We have many, many cases of rape and torture under the hands of Afghan security forces. It is in the above source I posted. Stop acting stupid.

I'm Australian. Not from, Afghanistan. if Australia was suffering the things you suggest Id be there bloody well fighting against it.

Now YOU are a self confessed citizen of Afghanistan. Yet you're over in Canada crying about it.

Want to help stop the war, sonny, go effin put some blood and sweat in for your country, or you can sit back like the wee coward you are and howl about how bad it all is from your air conditioned bedroom.

You don't want to fight for your country, but you sure want to squeal about how bad everyone else is.. Yawn oozy Yawn.

By the way, do you know what corruption means?
Here, I will help you with the answer: It means you can do what ever you want, and get away with it.

No it doesn't. Actually, you describe Islam that way, if you really think about it.

Corruption is a deviation of a set of ways or standards. Like you can corrupt the flow of water, you can also corrupt a lawful investigation.

you're weird ozy.. just weird..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

I'm Australian. Not from, Afghanistan. if Australia was suffering the things you suggest Id be there bloody well fighting against it.

Sure you would

Now YOU are a self confessed citizen of Afghanistan. Yet you're over in Canada crying about it.

I'm not crying about it, I'm criticizing the horrific situation in Afghanistan, which your soldiers and Canadian soldiers went to bring Democracy:

Want to help stop the war, sonny, go effin put some blood and sweat in for your country, or you can sit back like the wee coward you are and howl about how bad it all is from your air conditioned bedroom.

Actually sometimes words help situations more than guns, me coming from a war ravaged country knows that more than you I suspect

You don't want to fight for your country, but you sure want to squeal about how bad everyone else is.. Yawn oozy Yawn.

I've lived longer in New Zealand than in Afghanistan. I'm not going anywhere granny.

No it doesn't. Actually, you describe Islam that way, if you really think about it.

Wow, you actually don't know what corruption is
why am I even talking to you

Corruption is a deviation of a set of ways or standards. Like you can corrupt the flow of water, you can also corrupt a lawful investigation.

you're weird ozy.. just weird..

Afghanistan is #1. or #2. in the world regarding corruption.

It is corrupt from top to bottom. That means you can rape a little child, pay couple of bux to the cops and get away with it.

I don't even know why I'm talking to you

[oozy shakes head]
edit on 29-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oozy, Canadians are not torturing these children. They are not even questioning them.
Instead, they are handing them over to Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security.
So the country's laws are being kept, and the children are in the care of their fellow Muslim countrymen.

Now I seem to remember you objecting to people pointing the finger at Iran for murdering homosexuals, saying it's their country, their religion, and we have no right to interfere.

Now Afghanistan is handling a problem in their own country by their own laws, but you want to stop them.

What's the difference?
You wouldn't mind Iran hanging these kids if they were gay, but instead they're gun-toting soldiers and you object to Afghanistan subjecting them to a bit of harsh questioning.

Admit it. You're only commenting to spread lies about the Canadians.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Opposition legislators blasted the Canadian government on Monday after it emerged that Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan captured children suspected of working with the Taliban and then handed them over to an Afghan security unit alleged to have abused prisoners.

ca.reuters.com...

It seems these kids are simply suspects, not even convicted of any crimes.

That is absurd, to hand them over to an inhumane and corrupt security force, not to mention a security force which is known for torture, rape and drug abuse.

May GOD help the future generation of Afghanistan.

May GOD help them gain justice.

Ameen.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I've watched Hostle, and I actually see the possibility.
It just makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

So your basing this on a movie you watched
nice
acutely pathetic

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Opposition legislators blasted the Canadian government on Monday after it emerged that Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan captured children suspected of working with the Taliban and then handed them over to an Afghan security unit alleged to have abused prisoners.

ca.reuters.com...

It seems these kids are simply suspects, not even convicted of any crimes.

That is absurd, to hand them over to an inhumane and corrupt security force, not to mention a security force which is known for torture, rape and drug abuse.

May GOD help the future generation of Afghanistan.

May GOD help them gain justice.

Ameen.

Justice, in a muslim country, means being treated by their laws.
Gays are murdered by the government in Iran, and that's fine with you, because being gay is against the law there.
Being a child-soldier is against the law in Afghanistan, so these children get questioned. Not murdered, questioned.
Why do you support the law in one country because their country, their law, their business, but protest it in another?

What makes you think these Afghani Muslims on the security force would be raping these boys?
Is raping boys something you think Afghani muslims do?
Are you racist or something?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
to my stomach thinking about it.

So your basing this on a movie you watched
nice
acutely pathetic

No, Hostle as I said is the worst possibility.

Rape, molestation and torture is a day to day reality in Afghanistan, in the hands of puppet security forces.

Do you want to refute the above?

If you want to talk about how hostle is possible, then we can also go there, it isn't that hard.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozy, if the Afghan security forces are that way inclined, they could simply arrest the kids themselves..
What Canada or any other country does is irrelevant..
They are simply going by the law as it is..
Your beef is with the Afghanistan forces, not anyone else..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by oozyism

Oozy, if the Afghan security forces are that way inclined, they could simply arrest the kids themselves..
What Canada or any other country does is irrelevant..
They are simply going by the law as it is..
Your beef is with the Afghanistan forces, not anyone else..

Who put these corrupt forces in power?

Common man, Afghanistan is invaded and occupied, and a puppet regime + puppet security forces installed.

The people who put the puppets in, must take care of them. If they won't, they should leave Afghanistan, and let Afghans take care of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

ooozy, it is Afghani's who are allegedly abusing these children.

Your constant insistence to apportion all blame for anything and everything on any available 'western' goverment / agency rather than accepting at least some responsibilty is, quite frankly, becoming tedious at best, ignorant and bigotted at worst and you are starting to lose what credebility you have ever had.

Maybe we should just pull out and leave the whole squalid, amoral mess to yourselves and see what levels of depravity, brutality and repression you can sink to on your own.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

ooozy, it is Afghani's who are allegedly abusing these children.

Your constant insistence to apportion all blame for anything and everything on any available 'western' goverment / agency rather than accepting at least some responsibilty is, quite frankly, becoming tedious at best, ignorant and bigotted at worst and you are starting to lose what credebility you have ever had.

Maybe we should just pull out and leave the whole squalid, amoral mess to yourselves and see what levels of depravity, brutality and repression you can sink to on your own.

1. When did I say it isn't Afghanis?
2. Who brought the puppet regime + the puppet security forces to power?

The answer to 2. is obvious and I think me and you both agree to that. The occupying forces brought them to power, that being said, shouldn't the occupying forces be responsible for these atrocities as much as their puppets?

Isn't the occupying forces still in Afghanistan? If they weren't then I would understand to an extent. If they are, they should do what they are there to do. If they won't, then they shouldn't lie about what they are there to do.

No one likes liars, users and a$$holes.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Is raping boys something you think Afghani muslims do?
Are you racist or something?

What are you even doing in this thread?

I'll make it as simple as possible:

1- You do NOT troll.

2- Read about Afghanistan, it's culture and a thing called bache bazi before you spout absolute bullcrap again or decide to participate in a discussion on Afghanistan. You're free to stay ignorant though.

3- Lets see here. Why are the occupying forces in Afghanistan? According to us conspiracy nuts
it's to do with resources and geopolitical thingies m'kay. According to the official story it is to spread freedom and democracy. Which one do you believe?

4- The Canadian(irrelevant as ANY forces there should have done the proper research) military should NOT hand over children to well KNOWN child abusers and human rights abusers. If the Canadian military is there to keep the pedophile squad happy like the US military is keeping poppy farmers happy...well, you do the math. What do you THINK will happen to the generation growing up in that hellhole?

THINK.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Instead of directing your anger at Canada and 'The Allies' direct it at those that are actually committing those horrendous crimes.

And if you are so concerned about the future of Afghanstan why not do something real and pertinent and return there and be an agent for change instead of your imaginary role as ATS's very own Islamic Defender Of The Faith which is quite frankly becoming boring and predictable.
Whatever potency, validity or justification you have or may have has been lost in your bigotry, hypocrisy and ignorance.

A shame, I genuinely had faith in you.
It appears it was misplaced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join