It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys think of wikileaks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What do you guys think of wikileaks? Do you believe there is more to the site? Maybe the government is in a race to destroy all of the people in control of the site? I wonder where the site host get all the information from.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm not really sure what to think about it all. On the one hand its seems a little fishy to me that such a thing could exist with out the governments shutting it down. Like maybe they set it up to keep the people distracted with the promise of their dirty little secrets so that they can put some form of plan in action while the world is occupied with the leaks. But then maybe there not behind it and someone just wants the public informed about what really goes on. I'm sure we have all guessed about things that may or may not be going on when it comes to the governments and this might be are chance to get real answers. I guess we really wont know for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think it was meant to pull some of us back to the mainstream side, and I think it did.

I can't believe all of the people here that are afraid of Iran. lol

Probably the same ones that believe the entire network of US mainland defense was breached by a bunch of 130lb goat herders who lived in caves.

US/israel pro-war propaganda 1, ATSers and world 0.

edit on 29-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
All I can say is America's not like it used to be... In the good old days anyone who worked for Wikileaks would have accidently stabbed themselves 15 times while shaving.

Sending the guy a computer virus and calling him a Rapist and a Nonce.. just isn't the same

Peace..

N.B. Nonce = Paedophile

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What good has come out of the releases? I think this organization is helping push a agenda of net control.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

(Off topic but I love the Avatar
That guy in the red shirt:lol

This is just the tip of the iceberg, like the Titanic, the US will be seen by the World to sink to new low levels that will only weaken its position on the World stage.

Whilst alot of the information released so far is just imo gossip, there are some serious issues that have left the USA wide open to attack.

I'll be watching the developments in Saudi Arabia with interest.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

The avatar is actually a school girl. Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. Anyway I believe there is something fishy. Maybe a diversion from the U.S. on potential enemies around the world. China, Iran, North Korea and who ever else they can get their big meaty claws on. America has the brain worms.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's Wikid and it cant spell... oh and it leaks?

Ionno... tbh

it's not brought the world to it's knees.

why should I think anything of it?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Hi Romantic, it was Jeanius's avatar i was refering to

Yours is very hypnotic.

What do you mean by, something fishy? In what way?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If wikileaks really did release information that cost lives, then lives should be taken at wikileaks in my opinion. That is they should be arrested and charged with treason and the death penalty in my opinion. In a real world war scenario, they could all become just tragic accidents as more and more wikileaks personnel decision makers bite the dust as governments protect their national interests. What's a few people at one company compared to thousands of soldiers? If a country is willing to go to war, then wikileaks is part of the war. That's what I think. I lot is done when it comes to national security and this organization thinks it is beyond the threat of several governments. If they had done this to China, they would probably be shot as soon as possible and would have a price tag on their heads. Who knows, maybe there is a price tag on their heads now. Maybe the price tag will come later when the blame for someone death(s) can be put on the leaders of wikileaks.

Something about the whole thing smells fishy though. Either the leaders of the US are now "bleeped my own word" or they aren't really interested in winning any war. War is not pretty. Sometimes you have to do bad things to win a war if such a thing is possible. One of those things is to kill and destroy the enemy and possibly those who aid the enemy. Anyway that's my opinion. There could be some hidden agenda here since governments have known about wikileaks releasing this information for a while and nothing drastic has happened to anyone at wikileaks that I'm aware of. There isn't even any campaign to shut them down along with their funding that I know of. It smells fishy.

The other alternative is that Obama lied again about this release of information. Stating that it will cost lives and who knows what else may be just a lie. I could believe that. I don't know what to believe anymore.
edit on 29-11-2010 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I think Julian Assange is doing a great job of letting the people know what their governments are really doing. And in my opinion is doing what needs to be done. Good on him.
I think it could start a lot of arguments between countries, but if that happens, so be it. They've brought it on themselves. For the people that wonder why the government hasn't shut down wiki leaks. They've got world wide servers, all encrypted. It'd be very hard to shut em down. Assange knows what hes doing.

Some people here say they want the truth, then Assange releases the truth, and they moan about how it shouldn't have been let out because it'll do more harm then good. Make up your mind people.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I like the fact that all this information is coming to light even if it is absolutely horrific for my country (the U.S.). On the other hand, I don't like how much this will probably do to make my government go crazy and start censoring everything that they possibly can.
edit on 29-11-2010 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

From what i know, if usa wanted it stopped it would never get out. I personally think its some sort of ministry of truth like in 1984, and we know these people like that book.

Whether assange is in on it is hard to say.

But i think wikileaks is just some sort of ministry of truth.

Trust us in saying that if america wanted to stop this they would off, there is no where on earth a single person could hide against these people.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
wikileaks is a shill for is-ra-el . it doesn't take much to conclude from their leaks that it looks more and more like a mossad operation

GORDON DUFF: WIKI-LEAKS IS ISRAEL, LIKE WE ALL DIDN’T KNOW

Even the cover story, the mysterious Assange fleeing the murderous CIA, working to save the world is lame. WikiLeaks is lame. Please, everyone, go to the site and read everything there. I have seen more confidential information on a weather report. Assange is hardly a James Bond figure. Woody Allen is masculine in comparison.

Journalists all get leaks, and frankly, we don’t print most of them. Some we can’t trust. Some are just too dangerous. Some are simply illegal. Some are blatantly self serving Israeli propaganda coated with a veneer of anti-Americanism. This is “Wiki-leaks” material. What is important is what they don’t print. The only things that come out about Israel, the country most vulnerable to leaks, the country always up to the most skulduggery, is an occasional harmless story like their major leak on East Jerusalem settlements. It hit the New York Times first.

When you read Mr. Assange’s output, you are looking at one of the Mossad games, nothing more. They send some stories to Fox News, some to CNN, some to the Washington Post or London Times. They have their pick as their friends and co-workers own those outlets and so many more. The game today is using Wikileaks, given its 15 minutes of fame for trashing the US in Iraq with the helicopter video, to spread imaginary stories about Pakistan, the only nuclear power in the Middle East capable of standing up to Israel and the enemy of India.

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
ya know, technically, wiki leaked these docs, but then well....
all the news channels, the web just keep passing them on....
I kind of think that if I were to post a comment about some little classified tidbit that was leaked,
that maybe I would be breaking the law???

they aren't even trying to stop the media here in the country from passing the info on!
so, I think it's a major distraction...so what else is happening?? what laws are the crazies in washington passing this week? what's the fed and treasury doing today???

if wikileaks wanted to to some good, they'd forget about the danged wars and start tracking all the billions that is being passed around the upper echelon of society!
not endangering the people who serve in our military by angering the entire world!

and if our gov't is involved in it, just so they can have something to occupy the masses while they put in place their next money making scheme, well......
maybe they should have brought our troops home before they ticked off the whole world??

edit on 29-11-2010 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join