It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ordered diplomats to spy on Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Funny spying is not spying unless you get caught, or leaked on.
Not many people outside of Canada have heard of CSIS, pronounced Sea-Sis (Canadian Secret Intelligence Service) Everyone has heard of the CIA and FBI. I wonder if that's because CSIS does a better job at the secret part.
As far as Harper speaking out against this. Laughable at best, Harper has no walnuts when it comes to bucking up to his "bestest buddies" to the south. It's a shame that people think Obama and his administration had anything to do with this. That entire administration has got to be pawns and on a need to know status in all of this secret spying stuff. The CIA on the other hand should be made accountable. You spy you run the risk of getting caught. You get caught you get caught, you should have to face the fiddler.

Warm up the water boards
we Canadians got bones to pick

edit on 29-11-2010 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Alright you cannuks.
Our first clue was Celine Dion! Come clean, we down south know you're all part of Al-Caenada

Seriously though
If this turns out to be true the Obama administration is more turned around than I even thought possible. Spying on Canada while ignoring real threats.

edit on 29-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
they don't call it Kanukistan for nothing

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
We Canadians are good at dealing with these things under the radar and not making a spectacle of it.
If the USA wants my name and number, they just need to ask. If they want more, they are infringing privacy and should be sued as a country.

Acting holier then thou while giving other countries trouble for doing the same makes you look like an even worse bad guy.

What will the American People do about this? Their government did something their people do not agree with in general, as their is no laws to support it.
Why do we Canadians need to do anything? We got nothing to hide or worry about we are peaceful. Its a nation searching for secrets that has stuff to hide more then anyone.

Canada is about the world as a community and providing true peace and security, not about being a police state or getting revenge nor insulting their neighbours through words or actions.
edit on 29-11-2010 by CanuckCoder because: grammar

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sparrowstail

Alright you cannuks.
Come clean, we down south know you're all part of Al-Caenada

This may be true but we look just like you and are on average more polite and apologetic than you which will make infiltration and domination much easier. We will lull you into a lager ale induced coma then the rest will be history.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
lull you into a lager ale induced coma then the rest will be history.

I rarely remember anything from being in that state anyways.

ETA: I think the CIA calls what happens while in that state plausible denial-ability

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
SPY???

Many big companies in the US hire people to find that same information on there employees.

Yes its nice to know if a member of the Canadian government gets $100.000 in his bank account from some big business just before he gets there government to pressure the US over some trade agreement that would support the same big company in making money in the US.
The US would then know who the member of the member of the Canadian government was really working for.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The more i think about it, the more I think it's for use of diplomatic, and possibly political blackmail purposes.
Think about it-you have some embarrasing dirt on a Minister or perhaps even a Party leader...could come in handy to blunt opposition to...oh I dunno, keeping troops in Afghanistan for example, or rolling over on some NAFTA issue.

I certainly hope we're playing the game by the same rulebook if thats the case!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join