It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ordered diplomats to spy on Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Obama ordered diplomats to spy on Canada

cnews.canoe.ca

OTTAWA - The Obama administration ordered diplomats to spy on foreign governments and dignitaries – including here in Canada – as a way to provide key biographical data to the Central Intelligence Agency.

The July 2009 directive to embassies around the world, including the one in Ottawa, asked diplomats to go beyond collecting the usual information of name, title and phone number. Diplomats were also asked to pass along “Internet and intranet ‘handles,’ Internet e-mail addresses, web site identification-URLs, credit card account numbers, frequent flyer account numbers, work schedu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well I guess we are not immune when it comes to the U.S. wanting to know everything. I once liked Obama and thought he would make a difference but now I wonder exactly who he is working for. Change you can believe in? I don't think so. I guess he does have puppet masters that want to know everything.

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Well technically it said "The Obama administration "..
Question is, did Obama order it or someone in his administration??

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Except the headline reads "Obama ordered diplomats to spy on Canada" so like you said which is it?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Either way if it's Obama or his Admin, he knows about it and it's RECENT, as he hasn't had an admin long.

This is BS, spy on our closest friends?

Who are we? israel?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Who are we? israel?

They wish...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Either way if it's Obama or his Admin, he knows about it and it's RECENT, as he hasn't had an admin long.

Who are we? israel?

Presidents come and go and most say they are mere puppets so who really is spying??

BTW, what friends do Israel have to spy on?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if Canada were to deport some diplomats. I mean if they are spies, we shouldn't allow them to stay. But I guess they could pull diplomatic immunity. Harper wouldn't have the stones to do that. He probably won't even make a statement.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I would be the most surprised person on earth if Harper took his panties off and actually made a statement saying how he doesn't agree with this...more than likely he will just invite them back to his house and offer his credit card statements to them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Hmm.. I wonder why? Do you think something gave him a reason.
What are you Canucks up to up there?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I agree, there probably will not be a statement by Harper or anyone in the Canadian government.Harper and his staff lack any courage or the interest of the Canadian people what so ever so it is not like anything will be done with this diplomatically with the USA .If there are any statements, it will only be to discredit the wikileaks... and any of their sources, and claim that any info that is being circulated is a hoax.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

As for my southern neighbor's government spying on us up north. I am not happy about, not surprised, as an individual I am helpless against it. It is happening everywhere. But how can we even prove that this is a factual document? I am still not convinced with this whole wikileaks phenomenon. I find it a bit odd, almost fishy.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add content

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

LOL!! That was great and I bet that you are not far off the mark with that comment. I'd like to know why they would want this info anyways? I mean frequent flier points info, strange.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is pretty crazy.
I'm totally in favor of kicking these people out of the country, a spy is a spy, that's all there is to it. Doesn't matter what kind of information they're stealing. Ambassadors should be working with Canada and try to have the best relationship possible, they're using their Embassies as spy networks.

Also

Another series of leaks is thought to deal with Canada's "inferiority complex".

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8165041/Embarrassment-for-Coalition-as-Wikileaks-prepares-to-release-secret-US-papers.html[/u rl]

Inferiority Complex? Yeah Right...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Dude , that is the BEST avatar EVER! Is that Benny Hinn?

Oh yeah, and spying on Canadian diplomats is deplorable, but still dissappointed by the WL 'revelations'...nuch like the third installment of the Matrix. Reads more like the National Enquirer

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Oh and what inferiority complex would that be, the one that kept our economy from crashing unlike other Countries around the world. Or the fact that we could put on a safe and successful winter olympics. Not to mention that we are the best Country in the world. Go Canada!!! That inferiority complex?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Who are we? israel?

Don't be so naive:
Learned during my military career: All country's "collect" on each other; sometimes its "open sources" (newspapers;contacts; diplomats etc).sometimes not. Where do you think we/ they get information fox and msnbc news ??? there are no "friendly" intelligence services.
edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Hmm.. I wonder why? Do you think something gave him a reason.
What are you Canucks up to up there?

Makes them easier to black-male..or discredit

One day oblahblah and his shadowy overlords might need support / silence on some poo poo US issue (Iran / N Korea wars?), or just some good ole dirt as leverage for favorable business considerations.

Or, or.. the 4th Reich cancer declared "Mission Accomplished" and is spreading north.. they put a fork in this place: it's "done"... time to move on, eh..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Gee Whiz America.

Minimum brofist this time, for sure....

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't really get the suprise factor here...after all, we are the 51st state/13th Federal Reserve District, aren't we???
I'm not a fan of it, but no sense denying reality...to be quite honest, I'm awaiting the day we are annexed in the name of 'Homeland Security'

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So our northern brothers are upset about Obama ordering the diplomats to spy on them. But let me ask you something. Do you honestly believe your government hasn't done exactly the same thing?

You'd be naive to believe that they don't. EVERY intl agency spies on every other country. They don't like being surprised when another country does something they didn't already know they was going to do. and it doesn't matter if they are an ally or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join