It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to scare yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
After the week we've just had watch "1984" on netflix or online

John hurt is
Doubleplusgood

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

you think that will scare anyone? Saw it when it first came out did not even scare me then. Why? because it is a movie and as much as the "Tin Foil Brigade" on here would foolishly & wrongly have you believe it is (or parts of it) are not real & never will be. "Big brother" is a BS reality TV show. Now that is scary. Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Enjoy your laugh. Glad I could entertain you.
You are oblivious. Ask the brits here how funny they think having cctv cameras on every block is.They are laughing so hard they can't walk down the street with out peeing themselves.
Oh noigel I think 'oive peed m'self
The govt has taken trillions of dollars out of public trust and handed it to their buddies.
Yet another gutbuster.lol:

edit on 29-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)
:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

You are oblivious

you are paranoid! lol

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

You are oblivious. Ask the brits here how funny they think having cctv cameras on every block is.They are laughing so hard they can't walk down the street with out peeing themselves.
The govt has taken trillions of dollars out of public trust and handed it to their buddies.

:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

:

I've seen that movie... long time ago. Good movie.

Perhaps not on the same scale but I think there are examples like this even in "free society"
The funny thing is Big Brother doesn't do a very good job at controlling the masses. It just manages to drive a few people crazy.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by 46ACE

You are oblivious

you are paranoid! lol

Its not "paranoia" if they really are out there

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

:

46ACE, I saw "1984" years ago. Thanks for reminding me of it. Both Orwell and Huxley (Brave New World) saw clearly what the future was likely to bring -- both so far ahead of their time. Elements from both "1984" and "Brave New World" have been unfolding here. There was an excellent ATS thread on this not that long ago.

I will be surprised if you get much of a response here on this topic. People here seem to focus more on the latest example of how "1984" and "Brave New World" scenarios are manifesting in the world.

Your instincts are right. Good reasons to be alarmed at what we are seeing now. It will only get worse -- as technology becomes more efficient at spying.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've seen the film and have read the book; both were great in their own way.

I live in the UK and those CCTV cameras hardly register with me as I walk around town. You don't really think about them being there.

However, there is a new twist in how we as citizens are going to be monitored. A new Company called InternetEyes which has been set up to allow small shop owners to subscribe to it where anyone on the internet can monitor the live cctv images. If you see anyone doing anything illegal, you can alert the moderator and they contact the shop owner.
Cash rewards are available to those that spot and report a crime in progress.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There is a similar system set up between the Texas and Mexico to report possible illegal immigration.

However, this new Company sems to be breaking our Data Protection Act, so it may not be long until that scheme is stopped.

www.ico.gov.uk...

www.ico.gov.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

:

46ACE, I saw "1984" years ago. Thanks for reminding me of it. Both Orwell and Huxley (Brave New World) saw clearly what the future was likely to bring -- both so far ahead of their time. Elements from both "1984" and "Brave New World" have been unfolding here. There was an excellent ATS thread on this not that long ago.

I will be surprised if you get much of a response here on this topic. People here seem to focus more on the latest example of how "1984" and "Brave New World" scenarios are manifesting in the world.

Your instincts are right. Good reasons to be alarmed at what we are seeing now. It will only get worse -- as technology becomes more efficient at spying.

Thanks for the support.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

proof of "Big Brother" ... Think not ..... paranoia

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by 46ACE

proof of "Big Brother" ... Think not ..... paranoia

"big brother "is a well accepted metaphor for a "totalitarian society gone off the tracks".
Not an mtv grade reality tvshow.Not a person.

To quote my teen age daughter:" whatever..."
You are certainly welcome to disagree without name calling.

new topics

top topics

join