It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know how or why this happened...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The chemical name for Adderall is Dextroamphetamine, key word "amphetamine". Similar to Crystal MethAmphetamine. Everything I have read leads me to believe you had a little touch of the meth psychosis.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Hi there. Thought id Star your thread because its quite refreshing to the usual topics on ATS as of late.

It seems that you've written quite a compendium of knowledge.

Looking at your comments would I be correct it saying that you expand on each of your ideas by using diffrent reasoning or at least cherry picking a parallel topic that logically backs up your original thoughts so that they make sense to you and the reader? For example, a crude way for me to explain what i mean is that since A + A = A then B + B must equal 'B'....

Still, its quite refreshing to hear and im intrested in reading more. Even if you do ramble into the region of thousands of words.

eee.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by siouxm

I would be interested in reading your book. Please let me know when it is published and where it can be purchased.

If anyone is interested the CreateSpace link is www.createspace.com... CreateSpace.com is also owned by Amazon.com, so it was free to put it on Amazon.com and I put that link in my signature. The Amazon one lets you look inside the book if you want to. I don't know how they choose what pages to post, and no one asked me for my input, so if a segment seems like it's got out-of-left-field references (like HTEC and other odd acronyms) then they chose a page that's in the more technical section of the book where I had to tag things that don't have terms associated with them, but that exist nonetheless. Believe me, figuring out how to delineate these things from other, less specific, things that are related, without confusing anyone, was pretty challenging. I think that between the glossary I built, and an army of analogies, I got it pretty nailed down for most readers. That said, it takes six full sections to fully present the premise. It's not an extension of an already known premise, and the sub-structure is where it starts being unique for pretty much everyone I've ever shown it to.

The shower effect is due to the negative ions that are created by the water being pushed apart by the shower head. Negative ions are "feel good" ions. They are known for improving how we feel as well as increasing brain activity. I have most of my "epiphanies" in the shower. I find this effect is heightened if I have had a vigorous workout prior to the shower.

edited for typos

edit on 29-11-2010 by siouxm because: (no reason given)

I have to admit that it was like that. Epiphanies. Not as if a voice was in my head, or anything like that. The weird thing was that I would think that I had it all worked out, with nothing that could be considered a loose end, but then I'd be in the shower, and suddenly the issue of what causes physical existence in one full contextual environment to be isolated from physical existence within a different full contextual environment would alert me to the fact that it's an issue, and just before the answer would pop into my head with - "Of course, it's the difference in the Causal Unit Rate of Change." - which wouldn't make any sense with an aspect I'd been dealing with before that instant, but would completely solve a critical logical association issue that I hadn't even known that I had with the premise until it hit me in the shower.

To be honest, I've been having to hit the Internet and try to become more educated with what other people have done with logic and philosophy, and especially what passes for Metaphysics, so that I can target this thing toward the right audience. I really thought it'd be a lot easier that it's being, but when it comes to Metaphysics, there seems to be two diametrically opposed camps out there, and this thing will probably piss them both off. It'll definitely freak out the religionists, but I expected that. It's the New Age people that I expected to see this as intriguing, but I guess I didn't understand their point of view very well until lately.

I welcome anyone's thoughts on this premise after they've taken the time to really investigate it. I'm hoping to - at least - start some real genius off in a new and fruitful direction. That'd be the best. I think that people would like to be able to see that the hard evidence of what they believe about themselves and their ultimate purpose is scattered all around them, and is familiar to their daily lives. We all know too much about reality for the old narratives to be helpful anymore.
edit on 11/29/2010 by NorEaster because: typos

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Hi there. Thought id Star your thread because its quite refreshing to the usual topics on ATS as of late.

It seems that you've written quite a compendium of knowledge.

Looking at your comments would I be correct it saying that you expand on each of your ideas by using diffrent reasoning or at least cherry picking a parallel topic that logically backs up your original thoughts so that they make sense to you and the reader? For example, a crude way for me to explain what i mean is that since A + A = A then B + B must equal 'B'....

Still, its quite refreshing to hear and im intrested in reading more. Even if you do ramble into the region of thousands of words.

eee.

The whole thing is based on two types of extremely primitive logic. Unaffected logic, or (I call it) absolute logic, and affected logic, or (I call it) relative logic. And from there, I simply examined what can possibly affect logic, and what the effect of it has to be (taking into consideration that physical existence has achieved an amazing degree of consistency and organized structure, and what it takes for that structure to exist and persist).

It's an extremely primitive way of thinking, and only considers the impact of pre-elemental imperative expressions, and relative qualifier constants that have proven themselves to exist at each level of progressive development regardless of contextual setting. Nothing was assumed. Even the nature of truth, logic and how the being state emerged as a result of the relationship between the two is fully explored.

As the examination continues, the increase in existential complexity never really overshadows the raw existential drivers and qualifiers, and until the emergence of conscious Intellect, it's all still pretty easy to point to. Of course, Intellect and the dynamic expression changed everything, but still, it's never hard to see why it came into existence. Again, progressive development in service of the essential imperative Survival, and the ways that each unique expression of Survival balances as part of a imperative recipe within the full effort of that which exists to somehow remain in existence. In the end, it's all pretty elemental. Even if some of it puts on a hell of a floor show in the meantime.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nougat420
The chemical name for Adderall is Dextroamphetamine, key word "amphetamine". Similar to Crystal MethAmphetamine. Everything I have read leads me to believe you had a little touch of the meth psychosis.

I'm going to assume that my 20 mg of Adderall isn't the same as smoking meth. I'm just going to assume this. I hope that's okay with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Is that your book in your sig? Because if it is imma order it and post back here and tell you my opinion. I often think it's all that you posted and more and that's why we sleep. Because we need that aspect of the universe we don't understand. It's great to ponder and theorize, but death unfortunately will be the only time we see any anwsers...

I see it is your book. So, as soon as I get my money in order after christmas after christmas I'm going to give it a buy.
edit on 29-11-2010 by agentofchaos because: Add something...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Is that your book in your sig? Because if it is imma order it and post back here and tell you my opinion. I often think it's all that you posted and more and that's why we sleep. Because we need that aspect of the universe we don't understand. It's great to ponder and theorize, but death unfortunately will be the only time we see any anwsers...

I see it is your book. So, as soon as I get my money in order after christmas after christmas I'm going to give it a buy.
edit on 29-11-2010 by agentofchaos because: Add something...

Hi

I would be grateful for your thoughts on what I've discovered. I've been thinking of putting together a list of 5 very specific questions that would help a reader make sure they got the full gist of the premise. Especially since the amount of background information required to help the reader back out of the road we've been on (to allow them to then start down the road we should've taken) could become distracting if a person isn't careful. I guess I need to trust that I did a good job in alerting the reader to this, but I would imagine that it's natural to doubt yourself when trying to teach for the first time. I've been pretty good with traditional fiction, but this has been a brand new experience for me. Non-fiction puts a lot of stress on a writer. You find yourself researching every word to make sure you can't get called out on being irresponsible or misunderstood. It's as if you write with the whole world looking over your shoulder and going "...hmmm, are you sure you want to suggest that?"

I'm definitely available via U2U if someone has any questions about a section that's not making sense or is being too vague. I just want other folks to be able to digest what I have and contribute their insights toward properly developing it. Like I said, there is a truth that does exist, and I see a very plausible direction opening up here. The 21st century mind is not being well-served by 2,000 yr old allegories anymore. It's also not having much luck with convoluted, esoteric theories that insist broad assertions that can't even be logically supported. The human psyche needs belief to be based on reasonable extrapolation, and now that we've progressed beyond our ability to reconcile our beliefs with what we've established as fact, it's not a case where we have to throw out the facts to allow the beliefs to survive. We have to adjust our beliefs to the facts as they exist.

Both religion and certain "quantum" theories insist that we suddenly embrace what can't be proven and can't be reconciled with the basic facts of what we know to be dependable and replicable. Yes, matter is 99% space between interacting bits that are made up of 99% of space between smaller bits, but that doesn't mean that matter doesn't exist. It also doesn't mean that fully developed consciousness is the primordial essence that bases the whole of existence. The fact that physical matter is mostly open space does not require either of these broad assumptions to be true, and raw, simple logic suggests that neither is true. And the simple sub-structure of logic is required to be stable and reliable for anything - especially a fully developed and highly sophisticated thing like consciousness - to exist. Highly functional existence doesn't simply exist. It is the result of progressive development - just like things are at all levels of reality.

The fact that some folks are starting to put scientific terms on notions that have always been based on magical thinking, is an indication that we've finally come to a point on this road where we viscerally know that we can't proceed any further. And yet, we hate the idea of having to back all the way out until we hit a crossroad that will get us over to the road we need to be on. Still, this road is going to keep shrinking on us until it becomes a footpath. And it's never going to lead us to where we're trying to get to - to the truth of who and what we are, and why the hell we exist in the first place as we do.

I'm seeing this as a very new approach to what's become bogged down into frustrated semantics and philosophical gymnastics, and what'd be exciting is for others to see where it leads them. This is definitely a new road. I'd love to see where it goes with enough minds pointed in this direction.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My god man, you're intelligent!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
My god man, you're insane!

There, fixed that post for you.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

In 2003, I was a corporate marketing director . . .

I began reading this thread with some interest, but as I progressed through the posts, it seemed that you were still maintaining a presence in marketing. This thread appears to be nothing more than an effort to sell a book.

Still, I suppose it's interesting that the 'Essence of All,' the 'Nature of God,' and 'Man's Place in the Universe' that you claim to have discovered (and are willing to share for $19.95 plus tax and shipping) apparently have no compunctions regarding greed, capitalism, etc.

I do have a theory, sort of, but to explain the source of the information, I'd have to figure a way to bridge about 60,000 words worth of background information before that theory would make any sense at all.

. . . extremely hard to defend without the 100,000 plus words of logical background and pages of empirical evidence . . .

Purely as a matter of curiosity, about how many words does your trade-size paperback contain?
edit on 12/2/2010 by Wonderer77 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer77

I began reading this thread with some interest, but as I progressed through the posts, it seemed that you were still maintaining a presence in marketing. This thread appears to be nothing more than an effort to sell a book.

Still, I suppose it's interesting that the 'Essence of All,' the 'Nature of God,' and 'Man's Place in the Universe' that you claim to have discovered (and are willing to share for $19.95 plus tax and shipping) apparently have no compunctions regarding greed, capitalism, etc.

And I have what requirement to hand you all that I've worked on for free? Seriously. You figure it all out for yourself then. And if you do, then you can offer your counter presentation for free, and have at it. I honestly don't care.

I do have a theory, sort of, but to explain the source of the information, I'd have to figure a way to bridge about 60,000 words worth of background information before that theory would make any sense at all.

. . . extremely hard to defend without the 100,000 plus words of logical background and pages of empirical evidence . . .

Purely as a matter of curiosity, about how many words does your trade-size paperback contain?
edit on 12/2/2010 by Wonderer77 because: Typo

The book is over 118,000 words, and most of it could've used less brevity, but I refused to indulge the lazier readers with endless digressions concerning the tie-ins between the foundational premises and how they are reiterated at progressive levels of existential development. Yes, this makes the examination a little harder for the reader, and probably will cause some to have to either maintain a note pad for references and page numbers for those references, but if I wrote it like most of these kinds of books, it couldve easily gone 500 pages.

I'm not stupid. I know that Americans expect everything for free, but like I said, I really don't give a sh*t if you read it or not. I'm posting a new thread as a result of what went down this last weekend, and mainly last night, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm now doing what I have to do in connection with what I've got here. Screw it. I opened this f*cking door, and now I have to deal with it. I won't do it for free and screw anyone - on this side or the other - that has a problem with that. From what I've learned, I could easily tell everyone to go blow themselves and be just fine, but there are people that I love that just plain don't have the same understanding that I have about reality, and I have to worry about them.

They say that you can't hurt a man that doesn't care, and I wish I could be like that man. I know I don't care about you or much of anyone else, but I do have a select few that have buried their lives inside of mine, and it's for them that I'll let these bastards make me look like a screwball.
edit on 12/9/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

And I have what requirement to hand you all that I've worked on for free? Seriously. You figure it all out for yourself then. And if you do, then you can offer your counter presentation for free, and have at it. I honestly don't care.

I think I've presented the bulk of what's necessary in counter presentation above.

In actuality, I have no argument with your right to write (and self-publish) a 'book' and attempt to sell it through appropriate free marketing venues; further, I support that you may claim to have discovered anything you want. It is unfortunate, though, that it appears to be in an effort to mislead the more maleable and gullible into buying it.

My issue is that you use a forum such as this in an effort to sell your book.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I think I've presented the bulk of what's necessary in counter presentation above.

In actuality, I have no argument with your right to write (and self-publish) a 'book' and attempt to sell it through appropriate free marketing venues; further, I support that you may claim to have discovered anything you want. It is unfortunate, though, that it appears to be in an effort to mislead the more maleable and gullible into buying it.

My issue is that you use a forum such as this in an effort to sell your book.

You actually have no idea what's in the book, so you're assumptions are based on pretty much nothing at all. Lots of these people hawk books that other people wrote on this site, and I don't give them any trouble over it. Most of that crap (like Eckhart Tolle and the superposition nonsense) is complete garbage, but I don't get righteous over their desire to share what they believe to be true with others on this site. I just happen to be unique in that I was the only one on Earth to be able to write this book. Believe me, there's nothing anywhere that approaches this topic in any way like this. So, what's your issue with me offering a new point of view that you (honestly) have no idea about? If people can post links to this guru's book or that metaphysicist's seminar offering, then why am I not supposed to tell anyone about what I've discovered?

To be honest, you sound a little threatened. Maybe you should be. Hell, if this turns out to be true (and so far, the logic holds up a lot better than 90% of the physics theories that exist, and as well as the other 10%) then there will come a time when it'll become obvious, and all those infantile religions and over-dramatic superstitions that everyone chases will collapse around the heads of the people who've lived off them for so long. Yeah, this thing is just that obvious and just that central to what we already know is true. The traditional lunacy would never survive a point-to-point examination.

And, as far as this forum - the Gray Area forum - I've been dealing with some really messed up stuff in connection with this book, and this is the forum where you ask other ATS people what the hell could be happening . This thread is no different than the ones where some guy is claiming to have been abducted by 3-headed Elvis impersonating spacemen, except that I actually have something other people can examine - that I can't explain - that is the result of what my experience has been. Christ, that should be even more legitimate that some guy announcing that his tinnitus has caused him to be "the chosen one".

Y'know what? I'm going to walk off on this thread and this forum, mainly because I'm not in a proper frame of mind to deal with people like you. I checked back on this forum to try to see if anyone could help me with a potentially dangerous escalation in this situation, but I'm thinking that this is probably not the place to get any answers concerning things that haven't been beaten to death on the shelves at Barnes and Nobles or posted ad nauseum on YouTube by 20 yr olds who've just discovered their navels. There are more serious places to look for information.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I remember as a child, I watched some television episode on psychology, and read a few articles. After that, when people acted strangely around me, I would try and find out "why" they acted like that. Over many years I developed a kind of "model" that I used to "explain" the actions of people (sadly, mostly exclusivley to explain their negative behaviours). Anyway, over many years I regained a kind of critical empathy, and I went on a kind of "mission" as I developed a kind of framework to explain the human condition. For example, when you talk about the collective consciousness, I was reading a book on evolution, and after that, I would tie my observations of people into the book, and it was like the entire content of the book and the life's work of the authors was streaming into my mind. After a while I delved into perception, as all my theories were kind of "mental notes" - these mental notes became so numerous, that there was layers upon layers of "explanation" - Every month it seems to be accellerating, even generally unrelated subjects (I studied economics at university) are being tied into my overall framework. First it was my eyes, then my mind, my imagination, then all the way to explaining my most primal instincts. It has given me an extroadinary amount of self-control, as well as the awareness to grasp all the antecedents of my actions, thus creating a shield against the manipulations of modern soceity. I seem to have accelerated my ability to program myself, as I tie my intelligence to my instinct to survive, and my instinct to produce (plotting to eat, plotting to reproduce - or reasoning and fantasy). When I find certain actions or attitudes to have an effect on my survival, I can cancel them out from my experience of reality. I have reached the level where I can sort of imagine my own mind, like a library or a machine, and I can examine my whole being in all its complexity, I start to perceive things at very high frequencies of thought, like "aliens" or "extradimensional' beings, like thier thoughts are very high frequency, and as I think thier minds give me more information, like a universal world of knowledge in the pursuit of continued evolution.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'm going to assume that my 20 mg of Adderall isn't the same as smoking meth. I'm just going to assume this. I hope that's okay with you.

Gosh, I like your style.
I hope you don't mind if I adopt your phrasing for various situations in my daily life!

edit on 12/9/2010 by new_here because: trimmed

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I can relate to a lot of what you described. I can tell when someone isn't being genuine-- when their spoken words don't match their thoughts. It's hard to explain. It's more than just body language. It feels a lot like I am perceiving a second unspoken dialogue at the same time I am hearing their words through my ears. A really good friend/co-worker of mine was convinced I had ESP because I would tell her what I thought our "evil" boss was going to do next, and she'd go, "NO, surely NOT!" But then it would come to pass, time and time again. I've changed jobs now, thankfully! I knew too much... lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join