It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communal Living Discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This post was inspired by conversations with a friend about current events and what it means to be happy. I’ve seen the idea of communal living tossed around here on ATS before, but I wasn’t sure if it’s gone any further than that or not. It’s always been my plan to open one, but time is running out and cash isn’t the easiest thing to come by in a dying economy.

We’ve been discussing disappearing off the face of the planet as far as other people are concerned or leaving the country. In order to do that I’ve been trying to make some residual income but thus far the internet god Googleopules has taken pleasure in smiting me. That bring us up to this moment, a long journey I know.

Here you can discuss your ideas, what you’d be willing to donate, and even branch off into separate groups. Too many people in one place attracts attention and one Waco was enough to get the message. If for any reason you don’t feel comfortable posting here, feel free to drop me a private message.

What we are not looking for are people who are skeptics or those that dabble in conspiracy theories. We need those that understand that the word “theory” is attached for the skeptics and that “conspiracy” is easily exchangeable for “truth”. If you’re religious or believe that God is hiding in a book, stay home. It’s nothing personal, but the whole idea of starting a commune is to gain some peace and put some distance between ourselves and the demons.

If you’ve had your Oneness realization or started your spiritual journey / self-discovery, you’re more than welcome to come. This helps ensure peace and understanding. I would have no problem whatsoever helping you find your true self and would prefer to be in the company of those that feel the same way. With that in mind, there will be no followers, only equal leaders.

Before I get to the communal ideas section I’d like to state a couple things. First, I have no desire to live like a bum as you shall see and boredom is a word you can forget what you leave. Second, before any apocalypse-like event occurs, I have every intention of helping people. We’d like to pass out free DVDs, fliers, and talk to those we can.

Communal Ideas:

- Comfortable housing that is well concealed and feels like a home. I will not be discussing the method of concealment on here so please do not ask. Ideally, everyone would have their own room and their own space. Also, there would be multiple lounge areas with TV’s for DVDs and gaming consoles. Me and Super Nintendo plan on riding out the apocalypse together lol.

- An independent source of electricity and water (probably solar power). If you have some sort of Tesla like idea for generating power, I’m open for suggestions. However, if you bring me a potato with some wires in it connected to a light bulb, I will make you eat both the potato and the light bulb.

- A stockpile of food and other supplies such as medical, toiletries, non-fluoridated toothpaste, etc. Spam, dried noodles, and other grains I am considering. I’m aware that Spam doesn’t taste good and it’s probably not a meat with origins on this planet, but it’s cheap and has things like fat and proteins that the body needs that are hard to find in nature. Plus, it will outlive most of us.

- Aquaponics, both indoor and outdoor, and a traditional garden. I’d like to eat as little meat as possible but the aquaponics will probably incorporate Tilapia. Also, we will be implementing food preservation techniques such as drying.

- Goods to trade when paper money becomes worthless.

- A means of transportation whether it be a wood-burning car or a fuel reserve.

Come up with some good ideas and I’ll add them to the list.

One last thing I want to mention before summing this up is that I’m open to business partners. The idea that I have and am currently implementing works and should remain viable until the economic collapse. The problem is it’s a soul stealing occupation and I’m lazy about things that destroy me. Some say it’s just the way I was born. Anyway, if you’d like to help, get paid, and make the above a reality I’m down. I’ll even help others start their own projects, but nothing silly. I’d hate to split a minimum wage paycheck between 8 people.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Reserved.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hmmm...Communal Living.

Interesting ideas but there are a few fears that will scare off most people. It sometimes seems parallel to cultish behavior... however, there ARE working examples.

I would LOVE to be able to come up with the cash to buy a small piece of property and build a modest tiny house and implement solar power and attempt to become independent of the idea of living paycheck to paycheck and being dependent on the monetary system. I have fantasized about it quite a bit I must say....even thought about getting horses (and I'm kind weary of horses). I live in a an area where there are a lot of horse farms and west of here there are A LOT. I have absolutely nothing against technology but some technology is much smarter than others. I can't for the life of me figure out, if I was growing my own food and what-not, how I would pay for internet.
... but I would still love to take as many steps in that direction as possible.

I'm pretty weary of other people too... I don't just immediately start trusting people but some things would be critical. I have dabbled in a very small bit of electronics repair and i enjoy doing it but I have to say that I follow directions much better than being able to diagnose and come up with my own ideas. I have downloaded some instructions on building one's own solar panels... and I'm not sure how good they work and they naturally would not be under warranty but if I had my own place and wasn't renting... I would certainly be trying my hand at how to build and repair such things. Even though people are hard to trust, knowledge minds are an extraordinary asset and I'm not the most mechanical thinker by any means and have not had a chance to see if I have a green thumb... but i pick up on things quick, although it's always better to already have someone who can tell you all about such things... all the systems you would need for basic survival and avoiding contamination and pests and all sorts of things. If you intend to not be vegan, you might even want to consider fish farming or something like that. there's a lot of things I would love to learn in light of going green... a lot of food processes and what-not...but noooooooo... I gotta think about REAL LIFE.

Here's what I might plan to do... hook up my printer and start printing out a bunch of "green" instructions about various things to have them on hand in the event of no power or no internet in the future. hopefully my unemployed status will be changing here shortly and any extra money I have I want to one day, buy a piece of property... although I don't know where. I guess there is no need to even think about that until I have the money... soooo

I want to be near my mother but she won't leave this area. maybe one day she will change her mind.
maybe a good choice is somewhere that has low taxes and not a lot of restrictions....??? I glance over codes and laws and things like this from time to time but I'm not certain where the best place would be.
edit on 28-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I appreciate the discussion but the people we're looking for aren't going to be the ones that fall under the scared category or necessarily even the ones that follow laws they disagree with haha. I hear a revolution is a brewin' but that may just be me. The deal with the fish farm would be that the aquaponics would incorporate one tilapia per one gallon of water. There's youtube videos on the subject that are helpful.

More or less whether this commune comes to fruition or not, we're in need of the right allies for the future. Two young kids trying to save the world becomes two kids who died young haha. Power is in numbers and I'm hoping that those in the know come out of the shadows of ATS to make comments here.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Reserved Getting links and uploading freeware. For a 500 mile range usb computer device that can be used to transmit information and is easy out of box easy to use.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jwest06
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I appreciate the discussion but the people we're looking for aren't going to be the ones that fall under the scared category or necessarily even the ones that follow laws they disagree with haha. I hear a revolution is a brewin' but that may just be me. The deal with the fish farm would be that the aquaponics would incorporate one tilapia per one gallon of water. There's youtube videos on the subject that are helpful.

More or less whether this commune comes to fruition or not, we're in need of the right allies for the future. Two young kids trying to save the world becomes two kids who died young haha. Power is in numbers and I'm hoping that those in the know come out of the shadows of ATS to make comments here.

ah.. you see, In my experience in life, numbers are not always better... especially with those who are a law unto themselves. I truly believe that for some, it's best to stay within the shadows in the absence of being able to trust any authority. authority is barely trustworthy as it is but some institutions are more trustworthy than others.

If you get a group of people who are functioning without upholding the current legal system and are not afraid to function in such group, many will make a play for power and power will be establish as opposed to being evenly dispersed. This idea of when the #s hits fan... if it does, that is the LAST place I'd want to be... in a group of headstrong renegades. Thanks for clearing that up.

That is not what i have in mind to say the least. My plans would only be to compliment an escape of consumerism. In the event that disaster hit, if I survived it initially- my life might not change so much after the fact if I already had an independent system in place. it would merely be a matter of trying to lay low until a new (hopefully trustworthy) order was established... or the respectable parts of the old order were able to reconvene.

I know a thing or two about groups in this area who are preparing for end times scenarios (even though that is not the only reason to try better ideas)... and the people in groups around here... they are NOT trustworthy people. They are literally "outlaws" who are VERY independent, even to the point of making their own drugs despite a very common fear of god and end times and I don't have anything to do with those types. I'd rather dig myself a hole to hide in and eat earthworms than to be scooped up by one of these types..much less a group of people known for murdering each other on a constant basis.
edit on 28-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
not meaning to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but...

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

please respect and observe the same going forward.

thank you

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In that case, I have no cause lol. I'm only testing the the waters.

new topics

top topics

join