It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'must be stopped': Arab leaders pushed U.S. to attack, WikiLeaks disclosures show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wouldn't that be novel? The main reason so many countries want the US to attack Iran is so they can look like they were not involved. Plus the US is normally the crap magnet. You know how the US is the big bad bully to the rest of the world, if we attacked Iran imagine how many other countries would demonize the attack. These leaks have shown us quite a bit about how the world powers do things behind closed doors.

Exactly

If these Arab countries wanted Iran gone so badly then why don't they just attack it without the US??

But no, they don't want any blood on their hands so they will try to use the "big bad bully" as a scapegoat.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Well.. they would be crushed by Iran too.
2nd verse

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Doesnt it seem like its playing out like any other dysfunctional family dance?
The tactics can be observed within our own families if you look at it with cool heads and clear eyes.
The geographic intimacy of the area and the power and structure of influence is not easily accepting of any form of change.
If someones not only trying to grow, but actually growing and establishing new powers and alliances, it brings upset to the status quo, and those family members around them who feel the changes as threatening to their own questionable existence, are going to do their best to draw attention in a negative manner to make sure that the familiar dance continues.
And just like any other frightened spoiled child they go running to mommy and daddy with claims and appeals to try and spark the parental ire to bring the spanking hand down on their perceived threat.
It's a pot full of trouble with all the right ingredients for a lifetime of mental illness, just like it has been.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Iran is actively developing Nuclear weapons. If they are successful, every other state in the Middle East will seek to develop Nuclear weapon themselves.

You see the problem?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Are you telling me that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other countries won't be able to take down Iran??

Egypt has the second strongest military in the Middle East right after Israel.

Saudi Arabia isn't that far behind.

Did you forget about the 60 billion weapons deal the US had with Saudi Arabia recently???

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Somewhere you got your facts twisted..
Iran's armed forces are twice (maybe 5 times depending on army and overall active duty) as large as the Saudi's, nearly twice the size of the Egyptian armed forces and is probably the most powerful military in the middle easy.

Also did you forget that we don't know what kind of weapons deals Iran is doing with NK? We aren't exactly privileged to that knowledge (though we do know that the Saudi's are just taking the weapons we send them and making money off of them selling them to Al'qeada). We would have trouble fighting Iran. Look at Iraq and afghanistan, we have had ten years to pull those off and we are doing a piss poor job. So some country in the Middle east whose military is no where near ours (or Iran's for that matter) is going to pull off Iran which is a waaay bigger undertaking than Iraq and Afghanistan combined?

edit on 28-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia can do no wrong in the eyes of the oil hungry US. It's actually quite depressing/distressing.

They threaten to hold back some of the precious black stuff unless someone (meaning the "armed forces for hire" USA) does something about that mad fellow in Iran.

Easy as that. American lives at risk, American $$ being spent, to make a few oil rich people happy.

Sigh.

Afghanistan = oil pipeline (military action)
Iraq = oil (military action)
Iran = oil safety (possible military action)

Darfur = nothing
Congo = nothing
North Korea = nothing (we'll see..)
Assorted other evil despots = nothing (unless they have oil. Note Chavez isn't completely off the hook)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
These countries are lazy bums.. that need to clean up their iwn back yard rather than blackmailing someone else to clean up the poo.

Then again I believe that the only thing we have to offer is our military might ( and our ability to be bought due to our financial situation) becuase we have no industry, exports, or anything else to fit into the international community or support ourselves as a country other than going to clean up the poo in saudi's back yard. We've certainly set ourselves in a position to do so. I suppose this is one way to work things... be the worlds barking dog mercenary and get paid to satisfy our debts run our country. I always wonder if this was by design.

Gee, the future sure looks bright.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam

I am kind of surprised to see that most of the Middle Eastern countries are afraid of Iran.

Why would the Saudi king repeatedly warn America to "cut off the head of the snake" before it was too late??

Why would they want America to attack Iran so badly??

Could it be that Iran actually poses a threat to the stability of the region??

Or is this just more propaganda preparing us for an attack on Iran??

Your thoughts??

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

If this is just propaganda then that means WikiLeaks is a tool of the government. personally i think this is all a controlled release.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia is a US ally sunni state
Iran is shiite, facing US and Israel belligerance
And they have conflicting views on oil, iraq, religion and politics

I think most countries pushing for Iran's war are sunni, pro US countries anyways.

edit on 29-11-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's no surprise to me that the Saudis want the USA and her allies to take out Iran, they don't like Iran, and Iran doesn't like them, however the Saudis never do there own dirty work, being Royalty they like to get some other fool to do it. They probably think they can wave the carrot of cheap oil in front of America and that will solve the Iranian problem for Saudi Arabia. If they want to stop the nuclear program in Iran, they should do it themselves, it's not like Britain and The USA haven't sold them enough arms to do it with. Western Countries need to keep out of the Middle East, all we do is make the situation worse, not only for ourselves but for the civilians living in that part of the world who aren't radical and want to just get on with their lives.

Peace :-)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

oh? and Iran doesnt play the same game?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

I think most countries pushing for Iran's war are sunni, pro US countries anyways.

Godd point, I forgot to mention this fact.

Since Saudi Arabia is predominatly Sunii while Iran is predominatly Shia, I would see why conflict would arise due to sectarian reasons. Each faction thinking that the other is wrong and are heathens.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think it's amazing that the government has been showing restraint when it comes to Iran.But once the Saudis play the oil card we will see a major build up more so then now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Everybody in the world wants the powerful, rich U.S. to do their fighting for them, and deflect the hatred of those defeated onto themselves. Forty years ago the corrupt South Vietnamese government wanted us to protect them from the communist insurgents in the north, and simply because we were ideologically ant-communist we went right in there, costing us 55,000 American lives, many years, and billions in American dollars, only to be ultimately decimated in the end. It was a colossal mess.

The Saudis have always used the U.S. as their own personal security force, and up until now we have pretty much been their willing lap dogs. Now, I think (and hope) that even their oil cannot make us their mercenaries. In the present political climate of the U.S., the neocon philosophy that the U. S. is responsible for righting all the wrongs in the world, no matter the ultimate cost to us, will not have much popular support.

Let the cowardly little countries who are justifiably threatened by Iran do their own fighting, and intervene only if the U.S. itself, or our ally Israel, are imminently in danger.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steam

Originally posted by TheOracle

Godd point, I forgot to mention this fact.

Since Saudi Arabia is predominatly Sunii while Iran is predominatly Shia, I would see why conflict would arise due to sectarian reasons. Each faction thinking that the other is wrong and are heathens.

Well to complicate religious matters more, the Saudi Arabians are predominately Wahabis, not Sunnis, and their beliefs conflict both with Sunnis and Shiats....

The conflict between the Arabs and the Persians goes back thousands of years--since the times of Alexander the Great.

Saudi Arabia likens their position to the "Pope" of the Catholics because they believe that the prophet M. was born and died in their country. The King is titled and regarded by the majority of the Muslim world as the "Guardian" of Islam's holy sites. Therefore Iran as a ME superpower/nuclear state is detrimental to the Saudis' desire to keep control of the Muslim world.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe the Saud's are smart enough to realize that when the oil runs out, Israeli technical prowess might be the only thing that saves the Middle East.

From what I read recently, unless Iran gets considerable investment in extending the life of their oil wells, they will not be producing enough oil to meet domestic demand in 5 years. Even then, who knows how much life is left in those wells.

Either way you look at it, the profit line gets slimmer and slimmer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join