It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Anti-American Actor Placed On Terrorist Watch List

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
let's face it,
a large majority of us here,
are probably on some 'terrorist watchlist" somewhere.

And even if we are not,
we would be considered as such, simply for our points of view and opinions and ability to recognize BS...
and talk about it freely.

If you question the 'establishment', or 'TPTB'
youre a fugging terrorist in their eyes,
accept it. lol

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Not really surprised. Last century's "commies" are this century's "terrorists". Fear mongering is the most profitable way to govern people. It is also very effective because people are too scared to even attempt to think logically. Black listed for being a commie in the 50s = being put on the terrorist watch list today. SSDD.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
In reality, it's highly unlikely he's actually being 'watched' or anything like that. By publicly stating that he's been added to this list, it serves as a little warning to him and others not to pursue interests that go against the government agenda. i.e., don't make these kind of movies, and don't speak publicly about 9/11 truth. Look what happened to Charlie Sheen. Fox News' smear campaign was actually impressive in it's scale.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just to add one, thing, people who have not watched GasLand, Really should, this is not a Michael Moore type documentary, it is someone who was asked to lease his land to a gas company and did some research.

There is a Bush tie in there, but its really more of a Cheney Tie and it's not a political view at all, its pure greed and lack of over sight for that reason. The Gas Companies are the only companies excluded from the clean air and water act and guess how made sure of it. and guess who makes ALL the equipment and chemicals needed to Frack the slate, well Haliburton. (just to think about it, put Obama, where I say Cheney and see if it would make you mad, if it would, you should be mad)

If you like good conspiracy that has actual facts, and really this is not a Dem/Rep thing, even people on the right have to see Cheney for his greed and nepotism. For the record I did not vote for Obama, but what these gas companies are doing and how they are handling it is just wrong and greedy, not tree hugger point of view greedy, just good ole fashion greedy.

www.gaslandthemovie.com...

If you get HBO, you still may be able to catch it.
www.hbo.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

As much as I disagree with placing anyone on a terror list, I hate the way you phrased things.

You always go to such idiotically ridiculous lengths to put forth your thoughtless personal biases into these sorts of discussions.

As we all know, anyone who questions any proposed government regulation or corporate operations must necessarily be a violent extremist capable of blowing up thousands of people in a violent and bloody assault on America’s freedoms.

What's odd...the director isn't on the watch list, the production crew isn't on the watch list, and nobody else is on the watch list that was involved in the production except for one Mark Ruffalo....so it's not anyone.

The only way for us to be free is to suppress all free speech by creating a chilling effect on anyone that speaks out against anything.

Wooooooooo unsupported hyperbole!

Praise Mao and may the DHS put cameras up your ass to inspect your colon for pipe bombs.

Yes, because all security measures that are extreme are linked to Maoism and not...I dunno...Austrian right-wingers with questionable facial hair choices, Italian fascists, or anyone espousing views that are anywhere near yours.

Your post, while highlighting something ridiculous, is just as ridiculous as that which it seeks to highlight.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh no! I've seen his movies...I may see another....damn! I've now supported terrorism.

Seriously, this is exactly why this is all a joke. What would be really fun to find out is exactly how much it costs all of us to actually have a name put on a terror watch list. You know how many people's salaries, time, red tape, *cough* secret cables, etc., go into determining such a thing? I'm not kidding, I guarantee the cost per name per watch list is extremely high.

Frankly at this point I'm feeling a little left out. I may be one of the few NOT on a terrorist list. Never mind, I forgot I went to see his movie.... yea! I'm part of the group.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

so, your saying that you do believe that bush, and his co=horts did us wrong in many ways, and you think those in power, i assume you are trying to reference the dems, and Pres. Obama, are going to save the day, or should??

i would like to hear you acknowledge that bush & co. were crooks, and their mess needs to be cleaned up, then i'll take whatever you say into consideration, otherwise it's just typical left bashing.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mark, a terrorist??
ahhhh man.
he can't be a terrorist
he's one of my fav actors

Anything spoken, filmed or printed
that's anti-government is terrorist
propaganda. Sounds like the Gestapo !!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
posting this video cuz I find
it relevant to Mark's cause

and u become a terrorist when you
point this lil problem out to the public.
Nothing to see her folks
back to American Idol
edit on 11/29/2010 by boondock-saint because: add video

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

ACK! Ive never seen or heard of that before! Yet another thing Ive learned on ATS! I dont doubt it for a minute though.. although I think they are leaving the doodoo in our water here along with the natural gas. Its gross sometimes and stinky.

I dont exactly get the watch lists.. its pretty stupid and impossible to enforce. Also, IMO.. charlie sheen did himself in and no one had to help him much. Just because Jones thinks he is God ( like he does every other hollywood star) doesnt mean everyone is overly impressed with him.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Outside of him putting out a movie that is ubercritical of the petrolchemical industry what makes him a domestic terrorist threat?

Was he ever a member of a recognized terror group? Has his travel as of late been suspicious? Has he/is he currently planning a terrorist act of financing one?

Or is it nothing more then this movie?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

The blame game .
Whistleblowers, move to the top of the list !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fc1ab4b061e.jpg[/atsimg]

Govt. feeling guilty ?
... been funding terrorist organisations ?

..... blaming the little innocent guy ,
has turned you into a by-word ...

( a laughing stock )

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
To be honest here, we don't really know if he's affiliated with earth first or one of the other violent environmentalist water melon groups. Even still, terrorist lists and the patriot act's Homeland Security are for Islamic terrorists and not for our run of the mill criminals who can be handled under the constitution like we have always done.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
To be honest here, we don't really know if he's affiliated with earth first or one of the other violent environmentalist water melon groups. Even still, terrorist lists and the patriot act's Homeland Security are for Islamic terrorists and not for our run of the mill criminals who can be handled under the constitution like we have always done.

The US State Dept and The US Dept Of Homeland Securiy's "Terrorist Group Watch List" encompasses every single group of radical and hate groups anywhere on the planet regardless of ideaology, faith or skin colour. All racist groups, every single group that threatens the stability of any nation on the planet is listed.

To say it only applies to Islamic Extremists is dead wrong and illegal under racial profiling which DHS is forbidden to do.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Apparently I'm the only one who looks for more information prior to reacting:

Ruffalo told the magazine that the Pennsylvania's Office of Homeland Security red-flagged him, but the office told Entertainment Weekly that the "Zodiac" star wasn't on any list and that no such list even existed.

Source

He's not on a terror watch list.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This is disgraceful, its McCarthism all over again, C'mon Wkikleaks!!

www.progressive.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I said Homeland Security's Patriot Act's power should only extend to Islamic terrorists and not to American criminals. I know the freaks have expanded it into a KGPish monster tracking American political and social groups they don't like. I am probably on every list they got going.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Apparently I'm the only one who looks for more information prior to reacting:

Ruffalo told the magazine that the Pennsylvania's Office of Homeland Security red-flagged him, but the office told Entertainment Weekly that the "Zodiac" star wasn't on any list and that no such list even existed.

Source

He's not on a terror watch list.

they also state in that article
there is no such thing as a terror
watch list, are we suppose to believe
that one too ??

Then where do the names come from
on the no-fly list for airlines ???

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I said Homeland Security's Patriot Act's power should only extend to Islamic terrorists and not to American criminals. I know the freaks have expanded it into a KGPish monster tracking American political and social groups they don't like. I am probably on every list they got going.

It does not and if you are a member of any group who advocates violence against this or any other nation then you are on this list. Domestic malitia groups are not on this list.

There are way more threats to the nation domestically then there is internationally. I know for a fact that I am not on any watch lists because I do not want Washington nuked or any other nation/city for that matter.

The fact you want it to apply exclusively to Islamic Extremists groups and no one else shows us your true colours. Endorsing racial profiling which is AGAINST THE LAW.
edit on 29-11-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

There is a Bush tie in there, but its really more of a Cheney Tie and it's not a political view at all, its pure greed and lack of over sight for that reason. The Gas Companies are the only companies excluded from the clean air and water act and guess how made sure of it. and guess who makes ALL the equipment and chemicals needed to Frack the slate, well Haliburton. (just to think about it, put Obama, where I say Cheney and see if it would make you mad, if it would, you should be mad)

I think it is important to point out that while the greed is the personal greed of the corporate CEOs, the evil is ultimately carried out at the hands of government. Government is the corporate gun. Corporations will always be greedy, however greed is a good thing as long as property rights are protected.

The purpose of the legislation is not to allow the gas companies to pollute, but to keep start-ups from competing with them.

The purpose of all legislation is to cartelize industry and drive up profits.

Which is why all legislation that does not protect property rights is bad.

The pollution problem can be solved quite simply in the private courts by allowing people who can demonstrate damage to their land sue the polluters for damages.

If you pollute someone else's land and they can prove damages, they should be able to sue you for those damages. However, as we can see by the oil spill disaster, this is not possible when property rights are not respected. Instead, the citizens are paying for the clean up costs and the damages Shell has to pay are limited by government decree.

Government is the root of all evil.

edit on 29-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join