It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Harlot Babylon pt3 (Twinned with Rome)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

In my threads on the Beasts, I used the analogy of Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich, which I find very illuminating.
Chapter 13 places great importance on the use of the tongue- "a mouth uttering haughty words" and "spoke like a dragon"- which is of, course, exactly what brought Hitler to power.
The beast from the land exercises the authority of the beast from the land- of course Hitler, as leader of the state, exercised the authority which belonged to the state.
This "exercising authority" business; if you take them as two different states or political powers, it isn't easy to explain. But if you take them as the state and the leader of the state, then it's only common sense. Obviously some person has to exercise the authority of the state, because the state itself cannot do it personally.
The beast from the land gets the world to worship the beast from the sea- and for practical purposes, Hitler was getting his people to worship the state or the German Volk. Since he was addressing the German Volk, he was effectively getting them to worship themselves, which is the most condensed form of idolatry there is.
And the fact that they are worshipping a human institution and its human leader is the point of 666, a worship centred around humanity instead of God.
The difference is that this leader would have most of the world as his audience instead of one nation.
It works in so many different ways.

edit on 22-9-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Great stuff! S/F

I think it's safe to assume and conclude that the Babylon of Revelation is the city of Rome. It's interesting to note about the seven hills, that Vatican Hill is not traditionally counted among the usual seven, so Vatican would fit the description of being «the 8th which is also one of the seven and the beast itself», this hints to music, or Heb. «Shemenit» which translates «The Eighth» and means Octave or Do-Re-Mi-scale (or Do-Ro-Ma?). The eighth musical note in the Sheminit (do-re-mi) scale is the same as the first note and the essence of the given scale in the quint-circle. «Tower of Song» anyone?

Apart from that, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this code I think I've found in Revelation. I am trying the Key out elsewhere in the Apocalypse too and other places in the Bible as well, but I am not very good at reading the Biblical languages, so it takes time, and knowing which text to use is a challenge, since they all differ, if only a wee bit here and there.

Anyway, I think I have found ROMA (Lat. for Rome) coded into the Greek text of Revelation 17:5, in between the letters of the words «Mysterion, Babylon He Megale» or «Mystery Babylon the Great» — using a simple ELS cipher and a Key provided. According to my theory, the word «Mysterion» is the 9-letter (els pattern: 3+3+3) 4-syllable (ROMA has 4 letters) Key containing the first letter of the coded word, and provides the formula for deciphering the next three letters forming the Latin name of Rome, ROMA, in steps of 3 or 3+3+3.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet another clue that Rome is indeed «Mystery Babylon» in Revelation 17.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim
To be honest, I don't go in for codes, in Revelation or in the other books of the Bible.
As I see it, the object of the exercise is communication, which means that the message is intended to be as accessible as possible to as many people as possible.
So God is not going to be putting secret messages in the Bible that can only be discovered accidentally by a few isolated individuals playing about with letters and numbers. There would be no point. He's not playing that sort of game.
Even Revelation has a meaning which can be understood through the many allusions to Old Testament images and ideas, which would have been very accessible to the Christians of John's time.
Revelation is a mystery to us in modern times only because we've stopped being familiar with the Old Testament, and because we've forgotten that the purpose of Revelation relates to its original context- the persecution of the church.

The messages of the Bible are intended to be seen and understood by the world at large.
If you're the first person to detect a particular message, that is likely to mean that God did not put it there.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Rome oorrrrr.....the new city to be built (Babylon itself
) in the desert of what was it.....sidron.....
so, we have asecond possibility......i'm typng in the dark....no reading glasses either......islam as the bad actor.....
but the part about their purple and scarlet and exports to yhe nations including MARBLE....that stands out....huh!!
so, the u. s. is no supplier of marble....it's not the u. s. therefore?

edit on 31-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 31-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Another thing the Harlot does (the whole point of the picture, really) is persecute the church, "drunk with the blood of the saints".
As long as the U.S. is not doing that, the U.S. cannot be the Harlot.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We still live in the Roman empire, seems people are to blind to see that.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gippito
Have you looked at my second post in the thread?
That is where I look at the arguments for "continuity" of Rome, and put the case that "similarity" is more important. In other words, the "Babylon" picture is pointing to something with the same kind of power and behaviour patterns that Rome had in John's time, rather than the same name and/or geographical position.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

We are in the 150 years of golden age, the end of times. Let it come, dont fight it, let the moon take its place, it will be for the better.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I think you are wandering off-Bible.
I try not to get drawn into conversations which go off the topic of the thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

We are on the last pages of the bible, its under two months left.

Second Blood moon

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Geez guys, theyve told about 15.000 times where "Rome" is. Do a little research ?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The very text says there is a code written onto her forehead, that says «Mystery Babylon the Great» and that code is «ROMA» like I showed you. Babylon is Roma. The author of Revelation couldn't place the tail on the pig straight out, but had to include a code perhaps inspired by Jeremiah's atbash codes spelling out «Babylon» and «Chaldeans» when alef is tav, or alpha is omega. There are plenty codes in the Bible. There's a few in Genesis too, Utna*ishtim written into the very first sentence of parasha Noach. The first page of Genesis is so full of subliminal codes and hidden manna corresponding to the world of Kabbalah and the hidden mysteries that the text itself stands out as seemingly supernatural and divine. They are indeed holy books. All it takes is the right kind of spectacles, and the right key-stone.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh, I see, that one.
I've got a thread to cover that issue;
Revelation prophecy; The futility of date-setting

Think about it. If the world was coming to an end in September, then ALL the previous events of Revelation should have been happening already, and they haven't. This is yet another false alarm. Remember that in October.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Biblical God is not in the business of planting messages which can only be understood by people with "the right kind of spectacles".

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No end of times is in september, all of them have already happened!

Gregorian calender

Enjoy the golden age, cause it wont happen again for a looong looong time!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
An explanation of the Gregorian calendar is no evidence of what we are discussing.
You are clearly making it all up as you go along, so I see no merit in continuing this discussion.
I take it that you will be back in school in October anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Biblical God is dead and burried, Richard III

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gippito

We are on the last pages of the bible, its under two months left.

Second Blood moon

Even if the blood moons are prophetic, they are not signaling the end of the world. There is too much that has not happened and needs to happen for that.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

end of times, end of times, i have no where in my sentences end of the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Im a theologian with a degree in History, Im trying to explain it so you can understand.

If i said Sargon and Babylon, and the story of Moses. If i pointed that Sargon is Moses, but the religion was for a bull God named Ashur, but they swaped it to Sargon who became a deity. And then they switched it to Judaism and the story of Moses instead of Sargon.

Knowledge is good when you understand it. otherswise its sh*t

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join