It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cables Obtained by WikiLeaks Shine Light Into Secret Diplomatic Channels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Cables Obtained by WikiLeaks Shine Light Into Secret Diplomatic Channels

www.nytimes.com

A global computer hacking effort: China’s Politburo directed ... computer sabotage carried out by government operatives, private security experts and Internet outlaws recruited by the Chinese government. They have broken into American government computers and those of Western allies, the Dalai Lama and American businesses since 2002, cables said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: BAN Instructions: Copy The EXACT Headline

edit on 11/28/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
China is becoming increasingly aggressive. Perhaps with the knowledge that China did indeed attack US computer systems, both governmental and private, we might see the situation of Naval maneuvers in the Yellow Sea in a different light.

1. China has been waging a cyber war against the U.S. and Western Allies.
2. Was China the culprit behind loss of control of 50 nuclear missiles?
3. China Sub pops up in the middle of US fleet.
4. Did China fire the missile off the coast of California?
5. China beginning to replace dollar in trade with Russia.
6. China monetary war with America is under way

How long before the military war begins?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It all reminds me of the events leading to WWII
Its going to get interesting to say the least
Iraq was probably just practice to get our troops and generals prepared, similar to our African campaign at the beginning of WWII.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In all honesty, it doesn't really surprise me. I'm sure that we've hacked the crap out of their computers as well. Heck, we were probably doing it first.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Greetings,

China has been "at war" with the USA for over 60 years. Unfortunately our government wasn't/isn"t able to understand this. On top of that our predatory industry complex moved most of our manufacturing to our enemy, along with our money.

We're dumb,dumb,dumb.
Yes, we will have a war with China. China believes it can win, and probably will because the American people have become to self absorbed and lazy.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
S & F

Thanks for the link.
It will be interesting to see what else comes down the pike over the next 48 hours.

STAY TUNED.

edit on 28-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hear ya. I'm watching to see how the situation progresses, and what other information regarding hidden Chinese aggression might be revealed through the wikileaks releases.

I'm sure a lot of extremely wealthy people have something to lose if the American people demand more trade restrictions with China due to cyber warfare allegations.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Updates regarding the approaching China war, Chinese Cyber-Warfare, and disclosures regarding China via Wikileaks:

1. According to a wikileaks US document release, China has more than ignored UN sanctions against NKorea. They have actively aided in the shipping of ballistic missile technology from NKorea to Iran, and continue to do so.

Guardian / Wikileaks Release Doc

3. (S/Rel China) Iran and North Korea have continued their longstanding cooperation on ballistic missile technology, via air- shipments of ballistic-missile related items. We assess that some of these shipments consist of ballistic missile jet vanes that frequently transit Beijing on regularly scheduled flights on Air Koryo and Iran Air.

2. China Plans to use Cyber Warfare to Leapfrog Western Militaries

Israel has previously supplied advanced military technology to China.

[Chinese] espionage and technology transfer prosper in cyber warfare, where being physically present is not required, and attribution becomes increasingly difficult. It also falls in line with China’s strategy of leapfrogging. By acquiring foreign military knowledge, China can quickly catch up and begin working at a comparable level, rather than investing the large amounts of time and effort it would take to acquire this knowledge independently.

China regards cyber warfare as a military issue:

[China] compares itself to other states through Comprehensive National Power (CNP - zonghe guoli), using qualitative and quantitative values, and not accepting traditional Western categorizations (see Pillsbury 2000). For example, China includes the economy, soft power, and domestic stability as factors of CNP. This is important, because it shows a correlativity which holds relevance for cyber warfare. Under CNP the economy, soft power, and domestic stability can be seen as military matters.

China sees the weakness of the new American military system:

Militarily, the information revolution has given rise to an increasing reliance on situational awareness, weather monitoring, surveillance, communication, and precision strikes. Chinese military strategists have made special note of the US reliance on, and dominance with, electronic means in the Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraqi conflicts

The Chinese view of modern warfare:

China has repeatedly stated its goal of military modernization, and cyber warfare is where modern militaries are headed. However, cyber warfare would unlikely be used alone. It could be used simultaneously with a traditional attack, perhaps as a first blow to take an opponent off guard, or in tandem with multiple non-traditional attacks, such as PSYOPS and economic operations, or variants of each.

China begins the cyber war against America 2003-2006:

A coordinated series of attacks against US installations are strong indicators that China is developing a cyber warfare capability. The attacks which ran from 2003 to 2006 were designated ‘Titan Rain’. They targeted US defence and aerospace installations, Sandia National Laboratories, Lockheed Martin, Redstone Arsenal, the Department of Defense, and NASA, gathering sensitive military data. The United Kingdom also reported being attacked by the Titan Rain hackers... Apparently, a team of hackers, estimated to number between 6 to 30, would take control of US defence computers, copy everything on the hard drive within 30 minutes,
and send that data to zombie computers in South Korea, Hong Kong, or Taiwan, where it was
subsequently routed to computers in the Chinese province of Guangdong.

Chinese attacks become more sophisticated and intrusive:

OSINT suggests that cyber attacks from China persist. From 2005 to 2007, the US State Department, Bureau of Industry and Security, DoD, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, and defence-related think tanks had intrusions from Chinese ISPs

Could China have progressed enough with their cyber warfare program, coupled with on ground operatives, to temporarily seize control of 50 American nuclear missiles? Were they sending a message?

3. US-China Economic and Security Review Commission reported the following to Congress

Link

"Since China's current cyber operations capability is so advanced, it can engage in forms of cyber warfare so sophisticated that the United States may be unable to counteract or even detect the efforts,"

edit on 28-11-2010 by pirhanna because: added point 3

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't think China can do this kind of dirty things, it is really unnecessary for them to do such silly thing...In my opinion they are not so unwise.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
WOW guys... NOT earthshattering or even news. This has been known by the govt and anyone associated with the DOD in IT for YEARS including contractors and civ personnel. You dont even need to be military. Plus, the information about the recent infiltrations has been out there nearly immediately. Even on the MSM. Not in detail but its definitely NOT leaked classified info.

Much of the wiki junk youre hearing right now isnt even classified... have you heard?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Imsure you can google it and find it.. China has developed a new super computer that blows anything we have out of the water. I believe I read about it in Wired. That would facilitate some of what your previous post suggested. I believe wired was also the MSM course I read about the infiltration into thre pentagon from the chinese just a few months ago. We cant adequately encrypt due to the new technology and speed of decryption this computer offers.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This post isn't about wikileaks disclosure being at all revelatory (if you had read other of my posts you'd know I ridicule them for being overly sensationalist). I'm fully aware that this info has been out there in one form or other. The point of the thread is documenting the increased aggression of China, focusing on their cyber warfare strategy, then taking a look at this information in light of the increasing tension in Korean peninsula coupled with what was some sort of "cyber" attack on US nuclear missile sites. China is one plausible theory for the loss of control of these sites, though not the only one.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
This post isn't about wikileaks disclosure being at all revelatory (if you had read other of my posts you'd know I ridicule them for being overly sensationalist). I'm fully aware that this info has been out there in one form or other. The point of the thread is documenting the increased aggression of China, focusing on their cyber warfare strategy, then taking a look at this information in light of the increasing tension in Korean peninsula coupled with what was some sort of "cyber" attack on US nuclear missile sites. China is one plausible theory for the loss of control of these sites, though not the only one.

Thats why I directed a post directly to you and one general post to the people freaking over something thats been common knowledge for quite some time... they have only decided to become informed because wiki told them to be informed.

As far as cyber warfare, our ONLY opponent is China and they are the only ones we constantly patch and repatch for. Now with this new computer, we are sitting ducks.. for the moment.There was some talk about ME threats.. but it is nothing IMO. From some talk around the coffee pot there has already been significant infiltration into our power grids and nuclear sites.. and not just the missile sites.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here it is.. as with anything.. use the brain concerning what you google and read. The name of the computer in china is Tianhe-1A .

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ah, agreed. I think China is on to something with this. They see the future of warfare. Whoever can grab control of satellite and computer systems during a conflict will win the conflict. Spending an extra 200 billion on missile systems is moot if your opponent can take control of them at any time.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Ah, agreed. I think China is on to something with this. They see the future of warfare. Whoever can grab control of satellite and computer systems during a conflict will win the conflict. Spending an extra 200 billion on missile systems is moot if your opponent can take control of them at any time.

IMHO.. you just hit the nail on th head.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This has been in the news for years.

I'm honestly amazed. All Wikileaks ever produces is the same crap we already know, and people still act as if it's something new and exciting.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
This has been in the news for years.

I'm honestly amazed. All Wikileaks ever produces is the same crap we already know, and people still act as if it's something new and exciting.

Yep... now I really see the definition of sheeple. Pretty sad. I doubt the real meat and potatoes will ever be released if this is the caliber of information they have been hyping. Thats fine by me. People are expecting alien disclosure.... sad they only get rehashed unclassified information, eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

1. According to a wikileaks US document release, China has more than ignored UN sanctions against NKorea. They have actively aided in the shipping of ballistic missile technology from NKorea to Iran, and continue to do so.

Why would they openly ignore a UN resolution when they could have simply used their veto power to stop it in the first place??
Doesn't make much sense..IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join